1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to check content for originality ?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by wrathofg, Dec 2, 2010.

Does anyone know how to check articles from copyrighters? Cause i have suspicious that mine copyrighter screw me up=(

wrathofg, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  2. customhero9

customhero9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to use copyscape.com, just place url of a web page you think isn't unique. Or use this trick, copy text you want to check with "this text i want to check"
    and place it into google search. Google would show you stolen results.
    Try to hire copywriter more closely next time. Don't choose first one with a cheapest price. Try to guess what your customers would think about such a job.

customhero9, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  3. StephanieMojica

StephanieMojica Peon

Best Answers:
    Copyscape is your best friend :)

And sometimes you do indeed get what you pay for. High price isn't a guarantee of success though. I prefer using sites like oDesk and Guru to hire people since I can check their feedback record (sort of like the eBay for outsourcing.)

Peace, love, happiness, and of course PROSPERITY,
    Stephanie

StephanieMojica, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  4. wrathofg

wrathofg Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for replies, but i need something to check on uniqueness before posting it on my site.
    Anyway solution found at en.wikipedia.org page about Plagiarism_detection
    I used plagiarismcheck from it

wrathofg, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  5. conferenceshopper

conferenceshopper Peon

Best Answers:
    I try to use articlecheker but most of the time copyscape.

conferenceshopper, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  6. miserman

miserman Member

Best Answers:
    i think copyscape.com is the best tool to check whether the content is copy or original

miserman, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  7. Yuuko008

Yuuko008 Member

Best Answers:
    the best tool is copyscape, many writers and web masters use it as their validator.

Yuuko008, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  8. SamWayne

SamWayne Peon

Best Answers:
    Copyscape works. You can use it for free too. Try to search it on google. However,you are only allowed up to 5 checks. Once you're over the limit, create another blog for your another 5 free checks from Copyscape.

SamWayne, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  9. Reala

Reala Peon

Best Answers:
    I just pick a selection and type it into google if I think it is copied :)

Reala, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  10. varshyl

varshyl Peon

Best Answers:
    I use a site for this URLed copyscape.com

varshyl, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  11. pbonweb

pbonweb Peon

Best Answers:
    i think copy scape and Google are the best options because they detect as the content from where it is

pbonweb, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  12. jdk1970

jdk1970 Peon

Best Answers:
    Besides the programs, if you think your writer has simply lifted an entire article, all you have to do is cut out a couple sentences and plug them into Google. A match will come up if they stole.

jdk1970, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  13. andy13

andy13 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    He Stephanie

Thanks for the tip. Will start working on building my reputation to get more quality work.

andy13, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  14. L0gical

L0gical Peon

Best Answers:
    +1 for copyscape.

L0gical, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  15. shahidusman

shahidusman Member

Best Answers:
    Articlechecker.com is a free option to do it. I prefer and use only CopyScape Premium. I also want to share something. If you paste too many words at once then it usually doesn't find out the copied stuff. Only paste 3000-4000 words per serach in CopyScape Premium to get the best results.

shahidusman, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  16. RichardSR

RichardSR Peon

Best Answers:
    Shouldn't it be no more than 2000 words? I use CopyScape too. It costs you little cents while saving you a lot of time and energy to check the articles manually.

RichardSR, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  17. shahidusman

shahidusman Member

Best Answers:
    @RichardSR
    The recommended limit is 2000 words but it provides best results up to 5000 words. I have even pasted up-to 11000 words to check how well their system responds but the result was not good. The system tracked plagiarized content in the first few thousand words and nothing after that.

shahidusman, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  18. digiCQ

digiCQ Peon

Best Answers:
    copyscape.com works nicely

digiCQ, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  19. pantelija

pantelija Peon

Best Answers:
    I've just checked few of my oldest articles and they are safe. Thanx for copyscape.com share

pantelija, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  20. balsimon

balsimon Member

Best Answers:
    Apparently, there is confusion in this part of the forum about the difference between copywriting (what this forum is *supposed* to be about) and copyright protection (what this thread is about). But just the same, I'll put in my two cents here.

The problem is significant because the online sources take you only so far. Let me give you an example I gave to my lawyer who ended up saying, "Hmmm..." Imagine a professor at a junior college giving a speech. A "marketer" in the audience records it and plagiarizes it. Then she (giving equal time to the womenfolk) creates an information product, using the professor's words, verbatim - that information product being in audio format. And this "marketer" sells the audio with private label rights that she can't legitimately offer because the material was pilfered. The audio with PLR is a winner and you and 25 other people buy the product. You turn around and modify it a bit, but not hugely and resell it as a pdf ebook with master resale rights. Huge chunks of the original content are still there. Your ebook sells a thousand copies. And because it's now a PDF, the text is searchable on google and elsewhere, and our professor (remember him) learns that his content is now all over the web, with you being the primary purveyor of said content.

Like I said - my attorney said, "Hmmm." And he then said that if the professor could prove that the material was in fact his, even though you bought the audio believing the seller had a right to sell it, and even though you did everything you knew to see if there was an original author other than the seller, you are still liable for intellectual property rights violations.

Note: I'm not an attorney, which is why I use one. I recommend you take what I've said here to your own attorney and see if I'm full of it. I suspect you'll find I'm not. And believe me when I say, I wish what I wrote was not the case, because it really limits my willingness to buy materials with PLR and MRR.

balsimon, Jan 1, 2011 IP