1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another Republican breaks rank with President Bush

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by earlpearl, Oct 10, 2006.

While President Bush spent last week campaigning and "labeling" democrats with crazy unreal statements that are simply untrue, made up, and are further examples of trying to terrorize American voters more Republicans continue to break ranks and question the "stay the course" policy he seems to blindly follow:

Of course we can't forget Senator Frist, who suggested we start dealing with the Taliban.

What did President Bush say during his campaign run.....

177 of the opposition party said, 'You know, we don't think we ought to be listening to the conversations of terrorists.'"

Not even the White House press office could actually name a single Democrat who had ever said the government shouldn't be listening to the conversations of terrorists.

On Monday October 2 he said....

"If you listen closely to some of the leaders of the Democratic Party it sounds like they think the best way to protect the American people is — wait until we're attacked again."

Of course nobody in office said anything even remotely like that.

It's not hard to see why Americans are having a hard time believing him....including members of his own party!!!!!:D

earlpearl, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  2. SEO_AM

SEO_AM Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am an independent, but, pray tell, which Democrat should we elect? Either we go with the balls of Bush or the idiocy of those that want to replace him. Being a businessman, I want to see the Democrat's business plan (war plan).

It is not enough to believe that we can solve the Iraq morass just by saying "enough". Once said... where do we go from there? Leave and give those that oppose the Western world a victory? We are really screwed. We can't leave, but we also can't win.

SEO_AM, Oct 10, 2006 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  3. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dammit shark man....and I was just complimenting you on how good you looked!!!!;)

Can't a guy poke fun!!

In all seriousness, I think we need a different house and senate to force the administration to seriously reconsider policies.

In all truth, no one has hard and fast perfect answers. The above referenced republicans are no different than the Democrats....they want this thing to be rethought and more options under consideration. This is a serious mess. I read somewhere that someone put it (in paraphrase) ....that when things are so bad there are no good answers.

4. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Snowe breaks ranks a lot, so this is hardly a big news event.

No one has to say it. The actions make the policy perfectly clear.

lorien1973, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  5. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Stay the course is not a "plan". Considering the course of action is failing, the same could be said of republicans as democrats, the actions make the policy clear. In the case of republican actions, failure is the course it would seem.

That's not to say the democrats would do better. But when you're this far down, I think up is the only way ya can go. So both sides have a shot if either comes up with a "plan".

noppid, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  6. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Democrats make many different statements. Many of them are very very much on target with what Snowe, Warner, et al have been saying.

I guess that means that President Bush believes that Senators Warner, Hagel, Snowe and other Republicans who disagree with him or question current policy are implying that we should be attacked again.:rolleyes:

7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    In attempting to understand these comments and, more importantly, these issues -- it is important to seperate out the different components of the discussion:

1. Goals
    2. Strategy
    3. Tactics

While many Republicans may disagree with the military and the President on tactics, and even on strategy, I do not believe that any disagree with the President on goals.

If I were to take over the Presidents job tomorrow, would I change a few things in foreign policy? Sure I would. Does that mean that I believe that the President, his staff, and the U.S. military has done a bad job? Hell no.

Have mistakes been made? Of course. Can you fight a war of this magnitude without making mistakes? Of course not, that is an impossibility and not even worth considering.

Will.Spencer, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  8. noppid

Best Answers:
    It's pretty moronic to even imply that anyone does not have the goal of a positive outcome in this.

I expected more from you then this nonsense. ;)

noppid, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  9. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Most democrats don't question. They attack. It's funny to see some suggest they actually question. Democrats disagree with everything. That's what their party is about...the part of disagreement.

GTech, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  10. noppid

Best Answers:
    Oh come on, never before has a president so divided this nation. Don't blame this on democrates.

noppid, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  11. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    takes two to divide. I don't see the democrats offering up anything positive, do you?

12. noppid

Best Answers:
    I agree, but "stay the course" is not an offering either.

noppid, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  13. GTech

Best Answers:
    I think you mean to say "never before have democrats so divided this nation." And this is because so many moonbat leftists have moved into the mainstream of the party. The democrat party is not what it used to be. There was a time when at least some were concerned about protecting our country.

GTech, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  14. GTech

Best Answers:
    I remember we discussed this a few months back. The democrat planned relased a few months ago was basically a carbon copy of the republican plan concerning Iraq. Don't remember the post, but I had referenced the dems newly released plan for Iraq and it was a carbon copy.

GTech, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  15. noppid

Best Answers:
    And if you read back a few posts, you'll see I don't think what they have on the table, which is actully nothing, is acceptable regarding Iraq.

But while I got ya...

How come we are not in Iran and North Korea? It seems they really got WMDs while Iraq didn't. I think we need a new plan in every aspect of this war on terror. Bush is a failure. He started something we have to finish now or look weak. In the mean time we are spread too thin to deal with Iran and NK and look weak.

That's pretty sad.

noppid, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  16. lorien1973

Best Answers:
  17. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    NK is a regional issue right now. Japan/China are perfectly capable of handling this at the moment. People are against the US being the world policeman, but the second a new situation comes up, everyone wonders what the US will do about it.

18. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I didn't comment on the Democrats because, to be honest, I can not fathom what they are thinking.

It just doesn't seem to follow any rational logic. I'd love to understand it well enough to explain it.

Will.Spencer, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  19. GTech

Best Answers:
    If we were in Iran or NK, the same people that whine and cry about Iraq would be whining and crying about them today. Tell me I'm wrong ;)

I seem to remember quite a few people thought Iraq had WMD, long before Bush got into office. As it turns out, they were right, despite the fact they wished they were not right today.

GTech, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  20. edD

edD Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless something miraculous happens and things start to turn around quickly in Iraq for the better, I think you'll see many more republicans distancing themselves from the administration's strategy of "stay the course" as the election draws nearer.

No, it just takes a wedge that is used (im)properly.

edD, Oct 10, 2006 IP