1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Awesome Backlink Development Idea!!!

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Melon Farmer, Dec 8, 2010.

Hey All,

I just thought of a creative way to entice webmasters to give you a one way direct link to your site if you can't afford to pay for direct advertising, and I wanted to get your feedback and inquire if anyone is using a strategy like this.

This method would require setting up what I will call a "link feed" site, and the key is that it should take up very little of your time and be easy to maintain.

Domain Name - Chose a name that is catchy and easy to remember, and give little or no thought to keyword ranking.

Format - It doesn't have to be pretty. Make it a regular and functional blog with at least 1 sidebar. Your sidebar should contain the following sections: Categories, Recent Posts, and a "link feed" section which I'll get to in a moment.

Content - Your "link feed" site will not be monetized. You want the search engines and your visitors to think that it is just an informational portal with valuable information and resources.

The value of your "link feed" site will come from a regularly updated, large quantity of content. Your content will mostly be in the form of reference material. Think about how many videos there are on Youtube alone. An easy post would be:

Check out this awesome video about how to use such and such keyword research tool (link here). This video is super helpful and offers some great tips!

A post like this would take under a minute. And again, your goal is to make your site appear to be a great free resource, and once it is up and running should take only a few minutes a day to add content to. You could easily add 100 posts a month, linking to all sorts of video, article, and blog sites, and you wouldn't have to spend more than 10 minutes a day working on it.

Bookmarking and Social stuff - Tweet, Digg, Stumble, Delicious, and reddit your posts, or use any bookmarking and/or social sites you like. Your goal here is to be a part of the community and offer value. Again, this shouldn't take more than a few minutes a day to promote your site.

The Link Feed Section in your side bar - This is the bread and butter of your site, and it's where you can offer real value to potential webmasters in exchange for a direct link to your money site. Name your link feed category something like "Awesome sites you have to check out!". This is where you will offer a one way direct link to a webmasters site, in exchange for a direct link to your money site.

The benefit to any webmaster is that you are offering a one way direct link, and it is in a sidebar so there will be as many links as there are posts on your site. I'm sure that you'll be able to find at least a few webmasters who would find this exchange beneficial, and be willing to exchange links with you.

And if it takes you around ten minutes a day to keep this site and it's promotions running, and it generates you 5 one way direct backlinks a month to your money site, then it is definitely worth it.

If you've read this far, then I thank you. Please let me know what you think in the form of feedback, or please share your experience if you've used this Link Feed Site method.

Thanks again,
    Evan

Melon Farmer, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  2. SoftDev

SoftDev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very good idea but where is the video link?

SoftDev, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  3. SteveFiman

SteveFiman Peon

Best Answers:
    Can I say also....
    where is the video link?

SteveFiman, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  4. Animal888

Animal888 Member

Best Answers:
    I suspect the large quantities of links necessary on the blog will devalue the whole concept.

Animal888, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  5. SoftDev

SoftDev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think Melon just leech it from another website/ forum.

SoftDev, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  6. chaty1

chaty1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello! That's basic networking. It's been widely used since google started to lower value of links with the same ip addresses. The linking site doesn't need to be that active, all you need to do is offer it in link exchange. The big problem is how do you give the site value to web masters since the pr of your linking site will never be high? The content needs to be related to your main site so that you can get related links.
    If you have traffic than you better off to advertise your main site.

chaty1, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  7. gfpoow

gfpoow Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    OP post only one but he share good enough idea
    great..

gfpoow, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  8. alex629

alex629 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your experience I would try it if it works for me.

alex629, Dec 28, 2010 IP
  9. holyrhapsody

holyrhapsody Peon

Best Answers:
    I can sniff those kind of sites out at first glance. If i think you are fooling Google them maybe i'll go for an exchange but not if there is more than twenty OBLs.

holyrhapsody, Dec 28, 2010 IP