1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to build links pointing directly at a product

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by justPlugIn, Dec 25, 2010.

Hello,

The Problem:
    A certain advertiser doesn't have links pointing directly to specific products but only to product groups.

Why is it a problem:
    I can't tell a customer about the benefits of a certain product and then send him/her to a web page that shows a general product group and not that specific product - he/she might click away and not bother with it.

The questions:
    1. Is it possible to create my own TEXT LINKS for a certain advertiser?
    2. How can it be done? I understand the main components of a CJ.com affiliate link are the: server name, PID, AID and the URL to the certain web page. The server name I don't know in advance (I can copy from other links I have - will all lead to the same domain?), The AID and PID are known to me, the URL to the product's page is known to me.

Could that be a way to construct my own product links an STILL GET THE COMMISSION?

May thanks,
    J

justPlugIn, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  2. wokao

wokao Active Member

Best Answers:
    From my experience, you can not customize the aff link of CJ, otherwise, the advertiser will stop the relationship with you

wokao, Dec 27, 2010 IP
    justPlugIn likes this.
  3. phpwnes

phpwnes Peon

Best Answers:
    if its allowed by the affiliate use a 301 redirect to the product page

phpwnes, Dec 27, 2010 IP
    justPlugIn likes this.
  4. justPlugIn

justPlugIn Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Wokao,

thank you very much for your answer. I didn't think creating "my own" link would be interpreted as something evil.

I contacted cj.com and this is the answer I got:

...If the advertiser allows you to redirect the link to a page other than the homepage, there will be a field in the "Get HTML" window labeled, "Destination URL". It appears that the advertiser "123" does allow this. In this field, you are able to manually enter the URL of the page you would like the link to redirect your users to. After entering the URL you want, click the "Update Code" button and the link code below will automatically update so that when the link is clicked, viewers will be sent to the page you have specified.

If the "Destination URL" field is not available in the "Get HTML" area, then the advertiser does not allow for destination URL redirection, also called "deep linking". However, you can always contact the advertiser in question and ask them to allow you to deep link. Click on the "Mail" tab, click the "Compose" button and select the advertiser from the drop-down menu. We hope this helps answer your concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us with further inquiries..."

As you see - this was a big help as I didn't know I could use the "destination URL" to deep-link.

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

justPlugIn, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  5. justPlugIn

justPlugIn Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi phpwnes,

how do you use a 301 redirect and still get the commission?

Thanks,
    J

justPlugIn, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  6. WTennisPL

WTennisPL Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't edit anything !

WTennisPL, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  7. digitalwebman06

digitalwebman06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i don't think you can do this in CJ. if you can then my suggestion would be plz dont change any thing. its better. cause they just try to find faults nothings.
    so don't

digitalwebman06, Jan 1, 2011 IP