1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best FREE shopping cart? Need advice.

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by evilprincess, Dec 21, 2010.

Hi All,
    I have a site with 400+ products and more on the way. Right now I use PayPal buttons. (I know!) I really need a free shopping cart that is:

*FREE
    *has guest checkout
    *coupon code ability
    *shipping calculator by zip code for U.S. shipping
    *easy enough for HTML/CSS person to figure out
    *STATIC urls, preferrably .htm

I was thinking of Prestashop, but read the shipping features are very limited and no real shipping calculator. And I don't want to force people to register just to buy. Also, I read that .htm static pages are given much more preference than PHP pages, etc. for SEO purposes. aka - .htm page will give better SERP than any other type?

Does any FREE cart do all of this? And easy enough to figure out myself? Thanks! :)

evilprincess, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  2. zachc

zachc Peon

Best Answers:
    Magento has a free community solution that I know can do guest checkout, coupon code and has a shipping calculator (although I'm not too sure if it can do the exact calculations that you want it to - read more here - www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/welcome_to_the_magento_user_s_guide/chapter_4). I like Magento as it is really flexible and since I know how to code, I can customise it to what i want it to be, but I've heard that Magento is not for novices who find it difficult to manage.

zachc, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  3. jonmaster

jonmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Try NopCommerce, all the features you asked are available in it. On top of it, it is free.. Easy to install and easy to customize

jonmaster, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  4. euroblaze

euroblaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Oxid have free community edition.. i have shops using Oxid software was stable and prompt...and has many features.. of volume pricing, integrated Google and paypal payment processing etc and many more.... so i would suggest for same..check it out

euroblaze, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  5. r2r

r2r Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would suggest to move onto a more robust platform like wordpress if you are not already, and then, buy a Wordpress Shopping Cart-from shopperpress.com
    they have all the payment modules you would ever need. + complete order management, + shipping calculator

currently using on my site

r2r, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  6. evilprincess

evilprincess Peon

Best Answers:
    I just glanced at NopCommerce's features. WOWOWOW! I can't believe I didn't run into this in all of my searching! Thanks. I am going to try this one first, I hope I can figure it out. :eek:

evilprincess, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  7. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Magento, hands down!

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  8. evilprincess

evilprincess Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been researching shopping carts nonstop for the past month. Why does Magento get such a bad rap? I read it's a resource hog, old, outdated, you fix one thing and it breaks 10 other things, etc.

evilprincess, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  9. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Has a few quirks from time to time but its your fastest way to a free enterprise level solution. While it helps to buy a few commercials mods you can wind up with something as robust as amazon.com in no time. I use it for everything now.

If I had to venture to guess I have a demo floating around if you want to PM me you are welcome to poke around it.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  10. diy-day

diy-day Peon

Best Answers:
    Zen Cart is good. And it comes with cPanel's Fantastico De Luxe (available with many web hosts).

diy-day, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  11. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    rashida, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  12. emailm

emailm Peon

Best Answers:
    emailm, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  13. vernonpurcell

vernonpurcell Member

Best Answers:
    Oscommerce is your best bet for a shopping cart and it is free

vernonpurcell, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  14. FloridaClay

FloridaClay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look at any ecommerce site that is of any size, they all use Magento. That said, the only problem with Magento is unless you are going to use only Paypal Express Checkout for a payment gateway, good luck finding a (reasonably priced) payment gateway that uses iframes or tokenization to help you become PCI Compliant.

FloridaClay, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  15. Ferrari310

Ferrari310 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wait for Prestashop 1.4, its going to be awesome! I tested the beta and wow, It can't get any better. Such a smart system.

Ferrari310, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  16. bertam

bertam Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Joomla + Virtuemart. It has everything you want

bertam, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  17. Balendra Singh

Balendra Singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    1.Prestashop- e-Commerce shopping cart that you can download, install, and use for free. In the back end, you will use a full featured back end to manage your inventory, orders, shipping, and customers in real time. Your customer’s payments are sent directly to your commercial bank account using the latest security technology. You can even add your own modules to the shopping cart.

2. Opencart- is an open source PHP based online shopping cart system. OpenCart is easy to use and is SEO optimized with a very nice interface. A great feature of OpenCart is that customers can write their own reviews of the products.

3. magentocommerce- is a professional open-source e-Commerce solution offering unprecedented flexibility and control. Magento is awesome, I would never believe it is an open-source project. It features clean urls and SEO from the start. Everything is designed in a clean and simple way. Magento also features: Unlimited flexibility, Completely Scalable Architecture, Professional and Community Support, and Smooth Integration with 3rd party apps.

4.Cubecart- is very popular shopping cart. CubeCart V3 is free, with the exception that you leave their copyright notice in your footer. CubeCart has a large amount of payment gateways and shipping gateways. Their support forums are lively and many people contribute plugins to the cart. To use CubeCart V4 you must pay but it has many features that V3 doesn’t have.

5. agoracart- is another very popular online shopping cart, written in Perl/MySQL. It features a css manager so you can edit the look of your cart online. AgoraCart also features unlimited product options, up to 4 different tax zones at the same time, tons of shipping and payment gateways/options. The setup options range from a simple template based store to the integration of a complex visual design and support for program modification.
    6-Zen-Cart- is a free, user friendly, open source shopping cart. Zen Cart focuses on the merchants and shoppers instead of the developers. Zen Cart also supports multiple payment and shipping options, quantity discounts and coupons. Also Zen Cart is very easy to install.

7. Oscommerce-is an online shopping cart that offers a wide range of features that allows online stores to be setup fairly quickly. osCommerce is backed by a great and active community. It also supports multiple currencies, allows customers to print invoices from the order screen, and has an easy database backup system.

8. Storesprite- is a powerful, free PHP/MySQL shopping cart system that is easy to install and customize. The Cart is free but it does have copyright notices that you can pay to get rid of. StoreSprite has many features including automatic tax calculation, automatic delivery cost calculations, customer ratings and reviews and featured products.

Balendra Singh, Dec 26, 2010 IP
    webnovations likes this.
  18. gfpoow

gfpoow Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i'm vote to magento and opencart :D

gfpoow, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  19. animebuzz.tv

animebuzz.tv Peon

Best Answers:
    try oscommerce i tried this before it works fine and free

animebuzz.tv, Dec 28, 2010 IP