1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Competitor has around 100 back-links to junk blog sites?

Discussion in 'Google' started by jacobean, Dec 24, 2010.

A competitor "out of nowhere" is after pipping my position on the Google Top Ten with his one page site that has around 100 backlinks to what only can only be described as junk blog sites.When I say junk blog sites, I mean the blogs are either abandoned totally or syndicated news stories copied directly from news sites.

How long will he last?

jacobean, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  2. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Has he got those 100 inbound links or giving out link to those 100 websites? It sounds like he has links from a so called junk blogs. Here is my point

1. Sometime it could happen when a fresh link factor is in effect. The effect would last long for only a week
    2. I am not sure if those 100 blogs are completely garbage. I think some in those 100 could be a quality ones that send a link juice. Some of those blogs may be linked from relevant websites.

Sxperm, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  3. jacobean

jacobean Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sxperm,

The links are inbound pointing to his site.

His site first appeared on radar about 2 weeks ago and is going up-and-down with Google everyday. Somedays it appears in 9th position otherdays in position number # 3 - my space!

4. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is a sign that his website may outrank you if he continue doing his link campaign (whatever). You should build some inbound links from relevant website to help stabilized your current ranking. You cannot just sit and blame to hope his website to not outrank you. That #3 is not your space after all. Everyone wants your position and that's why consistency is needed in SEO. SEO is a continuous process and cannot stop forever.

Sxperm, Dec 24, 2010 IP
    wptheme likes this.
  5. jacobean

jacobean Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see what you say and I understand you can never stay still in any area of business, let alone the world of SEO.

But, I always thought "quality and unique content" was what Google looked for. All of the sites he links to I have never heard of before , I opened up around 20 randomly - all junk.

6. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He may using some content spin for those contents. Those contents may be junk from your point of view but may be not from Google perspective. It is depends. Can you provide a sample here?

Sxperm, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  7. jacobean

jacobean Active Member

Best Answers:
  8. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's junk but it's low quality. So he wins on the quantity

DoDo Me, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  9. professorx

professorx Peon

Best Answers:
    Well its definitely not junk but I dont think it carries much weight either. I guess it is time to push your campaign even harder. How come you don't have a signature for this forum? :)

professorx, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  10. securesite

securesite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree those blogger.com blogs are stealing the top spots lately. I would not count them out as junk. I have seen a few sites do the same to one of my sites.

securesite, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  11. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Blogged.com has 1,750 link popularity in Google plus sitelinks when searched for its domain name. It is an authority one and that's the reason. I am wondering if the rest 99 may be authority like this one or not.

Sxperm, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  12. Taranfx

Taranfx Peon

Best Answers:
    100 links matter even if they are from spammy sites.

Taranfx, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  13. zoom

zoom Peon

Best Answers:
    You cannot afford to stay still and you need to keep getting links all the time.

zoom, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  14. pawan2329

pawan2329 Peon

Best Answers:
    one more question here does it matter a bit even if all 100 are nofollow links?
    I agree that there must be atleast few with dofollow links but i m curious to understand that even if all the link building is nofollow then does that help?

pawan2329, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  15. CameronHamilton

CameronHamilton Peon

Best Answers:
    What keywords? Chances are the keywords aern't commercial, lol. I wish I could just launch a website and be on the first page within a few days. In my experience I've only seen Google apply the sandbox filter to websites in the commercial "zone." By commercial I'm not talking about brand.

If you want my help then I would recommend putting up you URL and the keywords your targeting. I'll gladly help you.

What I do know based on what you told me is that if he can build 100 backlinks from a news aggregator like blogged.com and beat you then you obviously have no high quality backlinks in place. If you want your spot back then start writing high quality content on authority websites like Ezinearticles. Remember to change up your anchor text, write 1000+ words, and feature likes to your website throughout the entire article text.

CameronHamilton, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  16. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree 100 percent, SEO is a continuous process, never think that your rank will stay forever, people will always find ways to beat you, so if you don't want to loose the race, don't whine at forums but instead make slow and quality backlinks for your sites.

wptheme, Dec 25, 2010 IP
    Sxperm likes this.
  17. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't overlook the value of good internal linking to other pages of your site. This would be referencing other pages on your site withing your content with an anchor link. Just don't overdo but use it on you pages that convert the best or get the most SE love. It is very effective for trying to beat out a autoblog site that may be trying to beat you on backlinks.

reapr, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  18. IamKaterina

IamKaterina Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally agree. I'm sure that it is a temporary effect. Google is proud of its semantics analizators and they usually trace such junk. Contents are of high importance for them, so don't panic! :)

IamKaterina, Dec 25, 2010 IP