1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to improve your Traffic Quality

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jasonsluck, Dec 12, 2010.

Focusing on affiliate offers that do not require a credit card submission (ie, email / zip code, dating, education offers), what are some strategies and methods to increase the traffic quality sent to these offers? The higher the quality of traffic, the less scrubbing, higher epc you would generate right? Think about it, would you rather; a) send 10,000 low quality traffic leads to an offer, or b) send 3,500 high quality traffic leads to an offer? Lets pretend you paid the same amount of money for both traffic options. Which option would produce a better return on investment? It only makes sense. I'm not focusing on any particular niche, but just in general terms to create a brainstorming session here. What are some things we can do to improve the traffic quality sent to the offers we promote?

jasonsluck, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  2. JoesMillion

JoesMillion Peon

Best Answers:
    First look at the traffic you're getting to improve the traffic you're sending.

JoesMillion, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  3. SamFrankly84

SamFrankly84 Member

Best Answers:
    It's not about the quality of leas, it's the cost/lead in both cases.

That being said, 3,500 high quality, targeted leads sent to an offer should convert better than 10,000 general traffic leads.

If 100 out of 10000 leads convert, that's a 1% conversion rate. If you're able to get a 1% conversion rate for a hundred people on a $1 action, you've made $100. If you can get a 20% conversion rate for 3,500 people, that's 700 people that have just made you $700.

I actually JUST wrote a post about how a ton of IMers forget that quality still beats quantity in terms of conversions, that's why it's fresh on my mind. :p

SamFrankly84, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  4. lancer96

lancer96 Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, I'd go with "B", 3500 high quality traffic because I think the conversion would be a lot better than having 10000 low quality.

lancer96, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  5. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    obviously, it depends how much higher quality are the 3500 leads than 10000 leads. If you expect 3 times more signups per 1000 visits from traffic b than from traffic a, than b is better and it is purely a math question

It might be often then the highers quality market (e.g. Adwords) is overcrowded, so you can get better ROI in lower quality traffic

atxsurf, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  6. jasontn

jasontn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    How many visitors would it take to buy one high quality guitar course? That's assuming the traffic is looking for free lessons. In other words, they aren't coming in with the mind to buy. I'm thinking maybe 1 in 1000 (visitors to the site not the page only). My traffic now is around 100 a day to the site (not only the buying page).

jasontn, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  7. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fist concentrate of incoming traffic, maintain it, increase it, and then think of improving its quality.

pradiprg, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  8. swasts

swasts Peon

Best Answers:
    Just drive how much traffic as you can for website......you don't know why people come to your website especially if your traffic mainly comes from search engine....
    good content also will help you...

swasts, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  9. Jimbrown

Jimbrown Member

Best Answers:
    The sites which work best are those that get people interested in buying and they tend to be sites which are part of the shopping process or product oriented. Examples of types of sites that work well are those where you can read reviews, compare prices, discover great deals and niche content sites.Just drive how much traffic as you can for website...you don't know why people come to your website especially if your traffic mainly comes from search engine....good content also will help you...

Jimbrown, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  10. danch

danch Peon

Best Answers:
    Testing is the best method. Niche marketing has boiled down to finding untapped niches. A new project can be duly teted with PPC for a small amount at the time of booting SEO value at the search engines. The conversion rate is more important. A 1% conversion rate is a realistic value to begin with for an aged website.

danch, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  11. 1985davidwhite

1985davidwhite Peon

Best Answers:
    Social networking , email marketing, share with friends there are many useful technique to get quality traffic.

1985davidwhite, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  12. dwightmu

dwightmu Peon

Best Answers:
    blog commenting is one of the way for this

dwightmu, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  13. carry01

carry01 Peon

Best Answers:
    i do not want to promote my site to my friends,This is difficult to find a true friend

carry01, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  14. no69_2007

no69_2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there is no shortcut for the increase in traffic you must to some seo work, which is indeed hard.

no69_2007, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  15. therockingboy

therockingboy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    do blog commenting,submitting to directories and backlinks through signature in forums ...doing this you should get around 100 unique visitors in start if you are focused and work hard daily 5hours.

therockingboy, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  16. Sonam Lama

Sonam Lama Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Jason,

Great discussion going.

I just finished talking about this very topic over on the Warrior Forum. And we all agreed that yes, quality beats quantity any day. But if you combine quality and quantity that's a killer combo.

In terms of getting high quality traffic to your sites here's what I've done to get good results:

1. Forum marketing - if your niche is "internet marketing" then here at the Warrior Forum is where you should be 24/7, 365 days a year! Just be active, positive, and provide value in all your responses and questions. Oddly enough this will get people clicking your signature link, singing up to your opt-in page, and eventually purchasing your product or an affiliate product you promote.

2. Article marketing - Just focus on submitting ONE article a day to Ezinearticles.com FIRST, wait for it to be approved, and then submit that same article (with a little rephrasing to avoid having Google think it's duplicate content, which will bring your search engine rankings lower) to goarticles and articlesbase.

3. Blog commenting - Go on the TOP blogs in your niche and be the FIRST to comment on a blog post, making sure your comment is valuable and contributes to the post.

So I just focus on these three and master them.

And I would NOT underestimate the simplicity of these methods, because from my experience and from many of the most successful marketers today, simple techniques like these when executed bring amazing results.

So, be consistent and persistent in your actions. And DON'T GIVE UP!

Within a couple weeks you should have a decent number of high quality subscribers on your list (if you're building a list) to market to or sales if you choose to drive your traffic straight to a sales page.

Hope this helps.

Sonam

P.S. If I were a newbie to Internet Marketing I would STAY AWAY from PPC in the begining and especially...Google Adwords!

Sonam Lama, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  17. edcampbill

edcampbill Peon

Best Answers:
    I absolutely agree with you! Those sites which cater products and services that interest most of the people gets high traffic. Quality content can convince site visitors that your business posses highly competitive products / services. Creative presentation also attracts more visitors to buy your offering.

edcampbill, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  18. Genesis1

Genesis1 Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to get targeted community to send to your website

Genesis1, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  19. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do maximum advertising of your blog at right places - like high pr forum like this one. high pr blogs- postings etc.

pradiprg, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  20. monstahost

monstahost Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting and get links on pagerank sites. These are the best way to get traffic.
    Your articles also do plays a part.

monstahost, Dec 26, 2010 IP