1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Slaving Away for the Elusive $100/day

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Burta, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Dave Gold

Dave Gold Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats. $100 per day is the first real milestone. Before you know it, you'll be at $1000 per day.

Dave Gold, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  2. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    This poll shows about 15% of the respondants make $100 or more a day from Adsense. So you are in an elite group. Congratulations.

stackman, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  3. dsm56

dsm56 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I count 18% :)
    Woohoo, i am elite :p

dsm56, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  4. charless

charless Banned

Best Answers:
    Congratulations!

I'm still working on the $100/day (at $60-70/day just for adsense) and my goal is at least $333/day by the time I turn 19 years old. If I include affiliate marketing, I would be at an average of $115/day. Read me @ my blog in my sig.

charless, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  5. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really! I'm actually happy that I live in Australia. I mean it has most of the opportunities that are available over in the US and in general I think we have quite a substantial web presence for our countries size. Sure there are time when I'm a bit frustrated that I'm not living in the US - for example things like YPN and sometimes just the sheer fact that it is that much harder to target a US audience when you didn't grow up in the states so it's slightly harder to understand user motivations etc (but I mean they are generally the same as most Western Cultures, including Australians, motivations).

And all that stuff aside, I love Australia - I genuinely wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world.

Dude don't wait for a "breakthrough" you need to go out there and actively make your own breakthrough, find link partners, get links from directories/topsites/blogs whatever it takes. Breakthroughs rarely come without you at least to a large degree making them happen.

Let's hope so!

I actually find it quite hard to believe that poll. I think you will find that if you did a survey of 1,000 AdSense users that far less people would be in the $100/day category. I mean when you do polls of it on DP the stats aren't that high in regards to users earning $100+/day, and that is a survey of webmasters that not only have access to a great wealth of webmaster knowledge and optimisation techniques but many of them also apply it. If you took your "average" webmaster using AdSense I think you would find the stats much lower.

Wow that's really impression - I'm going to head over to your blog now to check out some of the goals you have set. Good Luck!

Burta, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  6. technocrat

technocrat Peon

Best Answers:
    awesome.. congrats man! it woudl be even more awesome if you could put up your highest earning sites urls' for other newbies like me here to study :)

technocrat, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You mean for all you leechers.

dcristo, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  8. khan11

khan11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    congratulations!!

im working to get $1 a day :s

khan11, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  9. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL - yeah that won't be happening I'm sorry.

Burta, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  10. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is this such a big secret? By posting your site address here you might get a couple of extra clicks and maybe you will break the 200$/day level :)

baumann93, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  11. Mivi

Mivi Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice work!
    ATM my milestone is to get indexed in google´s search... :/

Mivi, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  12. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Get a link in your DP signature and you'll have that covered.

dcristo, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  13. mads

mads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How exactely did you start taking website dev. and marketing serious? Did you start reading a lot here at DP or did you do something wild and crazy in order to get attention to your websites?

Thanks... from a non-aussie with aussie friends :)

mads, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  14. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I meant take it seriously, I mean I quit my part-time job and dropped my uni study load down from full-time to part-time and basically stopped going out to town to party with all my friends every weekend. So basically when I say "taking website development and marketing seriously" I really mean I started investing more time in it and started taking it more seriously, but that said with the extra time I had it really did allow me to read more diversely and get better informed about the online industry.

LOL and to be honest I generally started spending LESS time here at DP and start investing more time in actually working on my sites. DP was a wealth of information - but there is definitely a time for learning, but there is no point in learning all these great techniques if you are not applying them on your own sites. So basically there is a fine balancing act that is needed, and it's important not to become a forum junkie.

Burta, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  15. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK well I just thought I'd update this thread to let those who wanted to know if there'd be a smart pricing effect on my account - well I can say that essentially the EPC has remained roughly the same throughout the month so it would appear that I haven't been smart priced, unless of course I was already smart priced in which then it's not a real issue... :p.

Burta, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  16. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well with the month of November now wrapped up I thought I'd give a quick little update. Well I'm glad to say I finished the month of November with an average earnings of $99.96/day. Whilst a few cents short of my $100/day goal and about a month late - I'm still really glad to have achieved these results for the month. Now I can focus on my next goal of $150/day average for the month of December.

Well this was something I was really concerned about, but it appears that concerns were unwarranted as my EPC has actually improved for the month of November by about 10% - which is great news.

So I guess earning good money with AdSense isn't a prerequisite for being smartpriced after all.

Burta, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  17. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $100 a day to $150 a day in a month is probably a stiff target.

qwestcommunications, Dec 3, 2006 IP
  18. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Goals aren't meant to be easy. They are meant to be something that makes you stretch to your potential. The way I see goals is that they should be within sight but just out of reach. So I don't think trying to achieve a 50% increase over the space of a month is rediculously ambitious, and I'd rather fall just short than easily achieve a goal for a month.

Burta, Dec 3, 2006 IP
  19. theDegriz

theDegriz Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats man, and good luck in future

we all know you probably worked your ass off for this.

When you see your earnings had droped after few days of hard work it can be very depresing :)

theDegriz, Dec 3, 2006 IP