1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Infractions

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Nitro-Dog, Dec 18, 2010.

Infractions!!!>>>>
    you know for the new people or the minor stuff how about a warning or something im new here and i got 3 infractions for the dumbest reasons
    Reason: Thread Started In Wrong Category
    i looked and looked for a place to put it i thought i picked the best place. i even stated in the post and i quote
    i looked though all the category's and this seemed a good place. if its not please do not give me and infraction. i have had 2 already for the silliest reasons. please just move it if its wrong thank you.

Reason: Inappropriate / Disallowed Post
    -------
    Requests to actually do an exchange need to be made via private message. Save the thread for feedback, information, and questions.

i had no idea about this

Reason: Inappropriate / Disallowed Post
    -------
    Self promotion
    i thought this was the point of the forum and i only stated i could make them a website. i didnt say sell or quote a price or anything

i think warning should be given or not have such a HUGE LIST OF RULES.

IM GOING TO END UP BANNED AND ALL FOR SILLY REASONS THAT WERE TOTAL MISTAKES

Nitro-Dog, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  2. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    The whole idea is that infractions are warnings, you need to get 10 of them before you're banned. Learn from your mistakes and you'll find yourself getting fewer infractions.

Hecky, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  3. Nitro-Dog

Nitro-Dog Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    YES I UNDERSTAND THAT
    but i have 3 already for stupid reasons even after putting in the post that i thought after looking for the best place that that was it.
    and i only posted coupon codes.
    how about a warning before the infraction.
    i have 3 already for minor reasons
    its not like i was out to rip someone off or purposely disregard the rules.
    how about a warning before the infraction.
    reason #1 i can understand
    but #2 & #3 asking for a link trade has to be done in private message... what new person would have known that?
    and i post free godaddy coupns for everyone to use in the wrong category and i think it was in the business cat. and that would be business right???
    and i even stated in the listing
    i looked though all the category's and this seemed a good place. if its not please do not give me and infraction. i have had 2 already for the silliest reasons. please just move it if its wrong thank you.
    THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN AN INFRACTION

Nitro-Dog, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  4. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Advice - Don't assume something if you haven't heard anything from a moderator. I guess the Forum FAQ/Rules weren't enough.

Grimm, Dec 18, 2010 IP
    spellathon likes this.
  5. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    DP moderators gives some the dumbest infractions just ignore them. I've gotten infractions for posting in the correct category forum or requesting that people contact me in the original thread (which they considered a bump) verses sending me 20 different messages via DP inbox.

muffet, Dec 21, 2010 IP
    ~~~~ likes this.
  6. Jerlene.net

Jerlene.net Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The rules CLEARLY state NOT to tell members to reply in the thread. If it can be said in a PM, let it be said in a PM. This is to keep the threads free of unnecessary banter. And if you're posting directly after a post you've made of course it's considered a bump. Unless you're answering a question that someone asked you just edit one of your previous posts.

Because you said that you looked through all of the categories? I guess you chose the wrong one then. A lot of people mention that in their posts and they get infractions as well. A broken rules is a broken rule. If you went into a bank and said you were going to rob it, robbed it, then got arrested, would you tell the police that you warned the proprietors as well as the customers prior to the robbery in order to save yourself? God, I hope not. And if you think what I just said is silly, I'm thinking the same thing about what you said.

Also, moderators cannot patrol every post so the chance of your plead being seen was slim. All they know was that a rule was broken so they did what they're here to do.

As stated earlier, you have 9 warnings. That's 9 times to learn from your mistakes.

If it was stupid they wouldn't even have bothered making it a rule.

The ones that read the rules. You know, the ones that you agreed to read when signing up. Or did you just click the checkbox and figure it was jibberish?

Absolutely not. Coupons are vouchers so they belong in the Vouchers category.

YES IT SHOULD HAVE. No one gets special treatment. Everyone gets an infraction if they break the rules.

Jerlene.net, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  7. radiant_luv

radiant_luv Peon

Best Answers:
    The thumb rule, read forum rules and sticky threads for the subsection. Infractions are warning and time to go through the rule book.

radiant_luv, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  8. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's your responsibility to read rules and policies when you join and before you post. You get infractions if you don't follow policies and these infractions serve as reminders. Obviously they got your attention and that's their purpose. Spend more time reading rules, stickies, faqs, and policies and less time worrying about a few points on your profile.

RectangleMan, Dec 26, 2010 IP