1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is facebook login for forum advisable ??

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by muchochiz, Dec 21, 2010.

Hello i would like to create a forum but i heard some netizens dont like taking out 5minutes to register for a forum besides they might forget the account . so i would like to know is it advisable to integrate a facebook / twitter login page for your forum ? if yes :

1. what are some of the advantages

if no

1. what are some of the disadvantages .

muchochiz, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  2. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    An advantage would be a simple way for your users to login and a definite way for you to receive actual user information and nothing that is highly falsified as it is checked by Facebook.

hav0c, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  3. renlok

renlok Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im not sure i recently added it i think about 100 people have used it no active users use it im quite tempted just remove it completly

renlok, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  4. jinmath

jinmath Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi As publisher webmaster its a good tool to facilitate registrations

What is the purpose of registrations to build a active list to get them back or sell something

What most people fail to do is to integrate a subtle step in between which captures the email of the user

once its done they can continue using fbconnect and as a webmaster u get the data you want

jinmath, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  5. muchochiz

muchochiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    @renlok it would definitely help ease the stress on those users who wouldn't want to do anymore registering and thus would like to just use their FB account details to log in . But on the other hand i am also thinking it might increase spamming and the users might not really feel like members of my forum , they could just see themselves as people who breeze in and out .

muchochiz, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  6. LunaAnn

LunaAnn Peon

Best Answers:
    Don use facebook or others login system most of people this its not safe so they just ignore sites that has facebook login system even me

LunaAnn, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  7. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There are many popular websites that use Facebook integration thus have plenty of users interacting. Your personal fear shouldn't reflect on whether a website is credible or not to another visitor.

hav0c, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  8. businessman413

businessman413 Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's an idea. Test it out both ways. See what works best for you.

businessman413, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  9. muchochiz

muchochiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks guys for all the suggestions , however if i wanted to keep the users who logged in with their FB account updated via newsletter / alert them on a reply to their post would this still be possible considering the fact that they logged in using their FB account ? is there also a way of integrating twitter login page as twitter is also a social network that has its own die hard loyalists

muchochiz, Dec 22, 2010 IP