1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to learn C# and C++ , please help

Discussion in 'Programming' started by SabTech, Dec 20, 2010.

Hey all,

I decided to start learning c++.
    Well I never programmed in my life neither web nor software.

I am 17 and I want to start learning to code..What a shame for me, kids of 10 can code lol.

Well, i need to know which software to use also some good ebooks and site for me to start basics :)

Also I would like to know if my design skills could help in building some crazy shit :D

*BTW i wanna start learning coz i got inspired by the social network movie LMAO LOL*

SabTech, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  2. hanz

hanz Peon

Best Answers:
    C++ is bad place to start from, it is very difficult language. Facebook was built in PHP, so maybe PHP instead: http://www.tizag.com/phpT/ , http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp , http://www.phpbuilder.com/ ... (WWW is full of PHP tutorials)
    Or this this is good book on Python for beginners: http://openbookproject.net//thinkCSpy/
    If you like OOP then maybe Java instead, Android applications are written in Java-ish thing. For Java: http://www.particle.kth.se/~lindsey/JavaCourse/Book/courseMap.html
    I do not know much about C#, I guess https://itacademy.microsoftelearning.com/ would be the place to start from, but I think you need to study IT somewhere to get access to courses. And you really want to have Visual Studio to write anything in C#. PHP, Python and Java can very well be written in Eclipse or Netbeans.

hanz, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  3. DPian

DPian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    most of the functions and methods of both PHP and C and almost every programming language are similar,
    so just go for PHP its fast & easy to understand :)

DPian, Dec 20, 2010 IP
    newbie191 likes this.
  4. City Boy

City Boy Guest

Best Answers:
    just joined programming clasess...

City Boy, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  5. SabTech

SabTech Member

Best Answers:
    but i heard if i knoe C++ i can easily learn other languages
    Also I never did computer as a subject but its my passion and my career lies in that surely

SabTech, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  6. MyEasyCpa

MyEasyCpa Peon

Best Answers:
    I know somone who can help you, will try get hold of them for you

MyEasyCpa, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  7. shubhamblogger

shubhamblogger Peon

Best Answers:
    i too don't know C, C++ but i think i have some command on Java.

shubhamblogger, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  8. SabTech

SabTech Member

Best Answers:
    That would b cool :)

Here in school my friends who study computer study Visual basic...But I want to Know C++, coz then PHp will be easy :)
    I am learning linux for the mean time i installed linux on pc and learning :)

SabTech, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  9. hanz

hanz Peon

Best Answers:
    If you learn the basics of programming in any language then learning another language will be much simpler.

It would probably be easier the other way around. C++ is very difficult language to start with, I would not suggest it as first language.

hanz, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  10. webcobra

webcobra Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, you first should learn html, css, php, and mysql, then move onto c sharp and others. I did that, and trust me it's way easier.

webcobra, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  11. Cozmic

Cozmic Member

Best Answers:
    DO NOT learn PHP as a first language. I repeat, DO NOT. It leads to horrible coding conventions. I assure you, I learned this the hard way.As PHP is weakly typed, it's even harder to learn C++ after you've learned PHP and you will be stuck with bad habits from the language for a long while.

I recommend you learn C++ the old fashion way. IF you can't sign up for a class then I suggest you go to a local bookstore, find the technology section, open up a C++ book and flip through it. Find a C++ book you like and buy it. That's the best way to learn a programming language. An ebooks and tutorial sites are usually low-quality and hard to understand.

I disagree. It's methods of programming you learn, not programming in general. Experience with tradditional programming (top to bottom) won't help you with objects too much. Sure,. you can do if statements and the like but it's still just as hard to get a grip around other concepts.

Sometimes it's best to learn hard things first.

Not really. HTML and CSS both have nothing in common with actual programming. It's just a way of formatting data. PHP and C++ are also very different because they take very different approaches to programming. PHP is informal and web-based while C++ is formal.

add me on MSN (c0smic50[at]live[dot]com) if you want me to help you.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
    Cozmic, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  12. SabTech

SabTech Member

Best Answers:
    Yup I wanna learn C++ First not php, I want to be a good programmer before moving to web.
    Can you suggest me ssome good basic books :)
    aND WHICH software to use?

SabTech, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  13. Cozmic

Cozmic Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest going to a bookstore and opening some up. You can tell by flipping through them which ones are good and which are bad. I don't really have any particular ones to recommend though.

Cozmic, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  14. masufasu

masufasu Peon

Best Answers:
    imho you should start from C

masufasu, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  15. RancidAvocado

RancidAvocado Peon

Best Answers:
    Take some programming classes.

RancidAvocado, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  16. haa

haa Peon

Best Answers:
    C++ is an excellent starting point, in my opinion. Check Accelerated C++: Practical Programming by Example. It is an excellent book. You might want to check after that The C++ Standard Library: A Tutorial and Reference.

haa, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  17. getbestproduct

getbestproduct Peon

Best Answers:
    If you just want to make a website, you can learn html and php,If you want to develop some desktop software, you can learn c#,its easy,

getbestproduct, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  18. LoganMason

LoganMason Peon

Best Answers:
    Most widely used software is Microsoft Visual Studio, you can download the free version of that software: Visual Studio Express

for tutorials and source code check out:

codeproject.com
    cplusplus.com

LoganMason, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  19. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not. Nor is anything Microsoft. The most widely used languages are Java and C. Eric Raymond recommends Python as a first language. I think it should be assembly language so you can understand how the computer actually works but C is good enough. C++ adds object complexity. C# ties you into Microsoft products that can't be used anywhere else.

drhowarddrfine, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  20. LoganMason

LoganMason Peon

Best Answers:
    HAHA! well, we all hate Microsoft no question about that..but it doesn't change the facts :)

LoganMason, Dec 27, 2010 IP