1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Type of Adsense Site for a Cartoonist/Artist?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Chopster, Dec 13, 2010.

I'm a cartoonist and I'm able to draw basically anything.
    I want to use my drawing skills to make websites that are informative and help people.

I was hoping for any suggestions on what kind of sites would be best to generate Adsense income with my drawings.

I could make a site about drawing, but the CPC on these type of sites are pathetic.

I know that the high paying keywords are in the lawyer, loans genre. It seems that would be the way to go. However, how would I tie these topics into my art?

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Chopster, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  2. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make a webcomic!

Other than adsense though, vector funnies can be put on the various stock image websites and people pay to use them.

RumpledElf, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  3. iTunes

iTunes Member

Best Answers:
    If you're able to draw anything, I would strongly suggest a manga niched site.

They go viral very quickly if you have a wide range of content, and ads on there are often clicked as a thankyou or by children not really understand what they're clicking.

Saying this, charging people for content (manga wise anyway) would be a mistake due to the amount of free manga out there. So if you were looking to generate an income, it would be through adsense and perhaps featured strips etc.

hope this helps!

iTunes, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  4. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback. Great information!

Chopster, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  5. yaren

yaren Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have your ideas to creat some stories and draw them.
    Otherwise,you can draw some stories from other's net novel.

yaren, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  6. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Chopster, so far the advices I read on this thread are not worth anything because they don't take into account the basic thing about adsense, to earn well you need traffic, not high paying keywords. Manga traffic is NOTHING compared to other type of content.

So my advice would be to use your drawing skills to make a website providing free original cards for all things, like birthday cards (you can do from 1 to 100) or event cards, such as the next one, happy new year and valentine's day.
    You can be busy for a full year, then everything comes back again and you'll get good rewards.

That's the best advice you can get, not because I give it to you, but I know that you'll be able to do what you like AND will have traffic and earnings.

Now you can do what you want and don't listen to me, up to you, I don't care one bit.

JamesColin, Dec 21, 2010 IP