1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I Link Out To Authority Site Every Time?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Macavi, Dec 15, 2010.

I build a health website monetized by AdSense and some health terms are repeated in other articles. I think that linking to Wikipedia for these terms should be good to gain trust from Google. Should i only link once to Wikipedia from specific page and leave these terms mentioned in another articles without anchor text? Or should i link out to Wikipedia everytime these terms appear in every article?

Example:

I have 20 articles written. 15 of them have phrase "red socks".

Question:

1. Should i take specific 1 article from all 15 articles and link from it to Wikipedia for term "red socks"

OR

2. I should link from all 15 articles to Wikipedia for that term?

If i choose 2nd option that will mean i will have a lot of outbound links which is good or bad? Also i will lose traffic as it will clickout to Wikipedia keeping in mind that Wikipedia links will be opened in new browser's windows?

I want professional answers only. Please do not post if your aim is to increase your post count.

Thanks.

Macavi, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  2. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not always necessary.

pradiprg, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  3. TheCrabb

TheCrabb Peon

Best Answers:
    One or 2 prominent links is enough - any more and you will just be diluting your PR.

TheCrabb, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  4. brownsummer1

brownsummer1 Peon

Best Answers:
    TheCrabb is right!

brownsummer1, Dec 17, 2010 IP