1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to tell if your website is in the sandbox

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by gregdavidson, Jul 21, 2008.

1. dave_the_man

dave_the_man Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently built a ton of one ways for one of my websites (like 40,000) in a week and I'm slowly climbing the ranks in google for all of my targeted keyphrases. I started it about 3 weeks ago and it has helped me so far. But I agree with the comment above - if you can't find your site by directly typing in the url into the search bar, google has either never indexed your site and doesn't know about it, or your playing in the sand.

If my site gets sandboxed for my backlink building, I won't change anything. I'll wait it out because it HAS to come back out. The only thing I'll do is continue to blog everyday or at least 2 to 3 times per week. I already have almost a year of archives in the blog as the site is a year old next month.

dave_the_man, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  2. JamesWhite..

JamesWhite.. Peon

Best Answers:
    Please tell me any one what is the one way or two way links....

JamesWhite.., Nov 21, 2010 IP
  3. jakemoore

jakemoore Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a sandbox issue on one of my sites. It was easier to just pay the few bucks, buy a new domain and transfer my content over. Got the whole site indexed within a week and top 10 for some prime keywords within a month. Easily made the cost of the new domain back in what I would have lost in the sandbox.

jakemoore, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  4. rahulbatra

rahulbatra Peon

Best Answers:
    But how would you come to know that your site is in sandbox, if it is not seen in SE on your keyword. Is this is the only way.

rahulbatra, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  5. markroger

markroger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had tested my site with the following rules. Good to see that my site is not in sandbox.

markroger, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  6. usualwork17

usualwork17 Peon

Best Answers:
    Any other reasons why a site is sandboxed?

usualwork17, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  7. garagepro

garagepro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can also be sandboxed for building too many links too quickly. Especially if your site is new.

garagepro, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  8. brijeshtiwari1984

brijeshtiwari1984 Member

Best Answers:
    Same question me too wondering.But till time i am not finding satisfactory answer

brijeshtiwari1984, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  9. usualwork17

usualwork17 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is getting sandboxed means your site has something that violated google regulations??

usualwork17, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  10. dabasesolution

dabasesolution Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually last week i went for a SEO Interview that HR asked me about San box indexing, i said put newly created websites in san box for 6 months period but he is not selecting me, can you tell me san box period confirmly 30 days.

dabasesolution, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  11. bernadus

bernadus Peon

Best Answers:
    Is sandbox is the real thing?

bernadus, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  12. jwmann2

jwmann2 Peon

Best Answers:
    So many theories, I think the truth is, Google does not want you to know what it is doing. The best thing to do is just stick to your guns and create good quality content and backlinks.

jwmann2, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  13. Sam Gilmore

Sam Gilmore Peon

Best Answers:
    Determining whether or not you are in the sandbox is a relatively easy task to do. First, being placed in the sandbox is different than having your website banned.​
    If you do a search for your domain in Google and they return zero results for your website (and you had been previously listed in Google), there is a chance that you have been banned. One of the best ways to determine if you have been banned is to look at your log files to see if Google is visiting your website. Banned websites typically do not see Google visit their websites, regardless of who is linking to them.​

Sam Gilmore, Jan 26, 2012 IP