1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article marketing

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by digitalpoint13, Dec 4, 2010.

I've been in SEO for a long time but have not really used article marketing. Some questions I'm curious about;

1. Does someone have an effective step-by-step guide?

2. Is there a list of the top article directories?

3. Does the article submitted to each directory need to be unique?

I am not interested in shady techniques like article spinning.

digitalpoint13, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if yuo are not into article spinning, then you just write uniques articles and submit them to the article directories. you can submit the same article to as many directories yuo want but google eventually will filter out some of the duplicate articles. so if you want to use the same article for multiple directories, you submit to as amny directories as you can so that you still end up having a decent number of articles published. if you want to submit unique articles which is recommended if possible, then yuo take one unique article and submit it to a single directory. if submittingunique articles, you dont need to submit it to hundreds of directories, top 10 or 20 directories will be just fine. nothing much to learn here, just signing up witht he directories and keep submitting. yuo will find lots of lists floating around. all you need to do is search

sultanofseo, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  3. digitalpoint13

digitalpoint13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So if I submit the article to Ezine, can I then go submit it to other directories? Will they accept it or will they only accept 100% unique articles?

digitalpoint13, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  4. Giamatti

Giamatti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    check out my signature link on how to do some effective article marketing

Giamatti, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  5. MyWebsiteNow

MyWebsiteNow Peon

Best Answers:
    When people search for more information about you using the search engines it proves its advantage. In fact, this is a fast trick to determine the credibility of the source and if they are truly an expert in their field. Simply pull out the browser and run their name on the search engine. You will see if they are reliable sources of information.

MyWebsiteNow, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  6. MGwebmaster

MGwebmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll answer to your two last questions:
    2. See this article directories list. Perhaps these are the largest and the most popular article directories.
    3. Articles not necessarily should be unique. Not so many article directories require it. Many other article directories will copy your articles from these - the best directories. That's why articles will be unique not so long.

MGwebmaster, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  7. ipadhacks

ipadhacks Peon

Best Answers:
    make sure each article is 100% unique. Dont get too involved with it because it doesnt carry as much weight as it used to. Its still good though especially if the articles themselves can rank well.

ipadhacks, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  8. moonlighknight

moonlighknight Peon

Best Answers:
    Which one is better? Submitting 1 article to 1 article directory, or submitting 1 article to many article directories?

moonlighknight, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  9. GavinHope

GavinHope Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure they need to be unique, or at least close to it. But I've never put that to the test and tried to submit a duplicate...

I've read about some people using document spinners to try and get a level of unique-ness that's acceptable. I've started by writing them by hand in the beginning ;)

GavinHope, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  10. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    I have submitted the same article on more than ten directories, It is not necessary to be unique. Better you can make little changes on your article content.

joelchrist, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  11. Globaleyeglasses

Globaleyeglasses Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally prefer article spinning and submitting them to 100+ directories rather than writing one article and submitting same to many directories as it will result in duplicate content.
    It all depends upon how well you can spin a article. I do it very well & I am very happy with its result.

Globaleyeglasses, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  12. promisem

promisem Active Member

Best Answers:
    What works for me is writing the original article first for EzineArticles because it's the biggest site and most effective and driving additional traffic.

Then I rewrite that same article for other article sites. Rewriting takes maybe half as long (or less) as the original because it's mainly a matter of moving phrases around.

Rewriting gives me a chance to target variations on keywords. You never know what will rank well and what won't. Google recognizes and accepts the rewrites. They don't have to be 100% original, just a good variation.

promisem, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  13. usualwork17

usualwork17 Peon

Best Answers:
    I never do article spinning yet..

What benefits could you get from article spinning?

usualwork17, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  14. gabquotesl

gabquotesl Peon

Best Answers:
    just write unique articles and submit them to good directories, i usually spin the articles but not always, it is said that they have to be 40% unique in order to be indexed by google

gabquotesl, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  15. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    some of them are auto approved and some only accept unique articles.
    its gonna be really effective when you submit unique articles for its links will be pointing unto your site after the article is indexed.

etc, Dec 18, 2010 IP