1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! Google Filtered My Link Which has Keyword Rankings

Discussion in 'Google' started by seonewbie2010, Dec 15, 2010.

Dear Eveyone,

I originally had a landing page which already ranked in the first page for a very competitive keywords. But one of my technicals made a mistake when he was maintaining the site. He renamed this landing page. Later, this page which has the exact same content but different URL address was indexed by Google. When we found the mistake, we changed the page name back right away. The current condition is the same page can be visited from two different URLs. Yesterday, I found Google indexed both of the URLs and though it may filter the new URL out because it doesn't have any backlinks. But I was wrong, when I checked again today, my original link which has keywords rankings was filtered. I am very worried. Is there anyway to solve this problem please? Thanks in advance!

seonewbie2010, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  2. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You were too panic and made a change too frequent. Each change you made will cause a time for Google to evaluate and give the proper ranking for a website. I would recommend you do 301 redirect from the new version to an old one. This could help prevent Google from indexing the duplicated version. If you did not made the change to other on-page factor like title tag then I assume your ranking will come back for not a long time.

Sxperm, Dec 16, 2010 IP
    Grimm likes this.
  3. seonewbie2010

seonewbie2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Sxperm, thanks a lot for the advice. I am thinking about making a 301 redirect too. We didn't make other on-page changes except the page name. And hope the 301 redirection will get the old ranking back. :) Thanks again!

seonewbie2010, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  4. Giamatti

Giamatti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    changes take some time... google will take around a month to re-evaluate your website... if everything goed right you will have your rankings back within a month

Giamatti, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  5. dordor

dordor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Giamatti, it will take some time and if you had #1 ranking you'l get it back in a matter of weeks.

dordor, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  6. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    As others have said, you need to wait and be patient. Ranking is a process, sometimes a long one. Whatever qualities gave your page its #1 ranking in the past will do the same again in the near future - you just have to wait for Google to recognize that the page is back.

The Stealthy One, Dec 16, 2010 IP