1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you please help me improve conversion?..

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by zylascope, Dec 14, 2010.

Greetings,

My adwords ad is this...

-----------------------------------------------
    Headline: Free Techno MP3 Downloads
    Line one: Free downloads plus 2 new albums
    Line two: Give friends something truly unique
    Disp URL: www.zylascope.com
    -----------------------------------------------

Should I use a bit more capitalization? Should I use other text? Other words?

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Geoff Williams

zylascope, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about the ad's click rate? That's different than conversion which is the term used when a visitor buys something or does your wanted response.

The download of the sample music has to be simpler or at least give instructions. I could listen but couldn't figure out how to download. I then tried right-clicking on the player but I need the latest version of Quick Time, which I don't. A couple of songs reminded me of Kraftwerk and JM Jarre. Are they influences?

You need to give people a reason to buy from you. Giving the samplers away is good. If people like your music, I guess they'll buy the album which is what you want in the end.

At first, I thought this was a general music site. You have to make it clearer right at the top that you are a band and selling your own stuff. Move that About Us stuff to the top. Make it better.

As for your ad, use capitalization in title only. Use punctuation too. Your first line is a bit strange to me. Doesn't quite make sense.

I'm assuming you're using keywords such as "techno music" or "electronic music". You got to make it clear here too that you're a band and not a site specializing in selling that kind of music. Otherwise they'll click and get out as fast as they came in. Or at least tell them clearly "try our music".

Lucid Web Marketing, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  3. kwyser

kwyser Peon

Best Answers:
    I would make it a bit more exciting, like adding exclamation points and stuff. I would also change the last line and add another benefit of the free downloads instead of the give friends something truly unique.

kwyser, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  4. zylascope

zylascope Peon

Best Answers:
    Lucid Web Marketing and Kwyser, thank you so much for some great ideas. I will work
    on your suggestions.

When I asked 'how to improve my ads conversion rate', I meant the ads click rate (CTR).
    I had around 5000 impressions and got about 37 clicks. So I was just wondering if there
    was anything I could do to the ad copy to get a higher click rate. Your suggestions to
    fix the first line, and a suggestion that I add a benefit to the ad copy sounds good to
    me. I'll work on that. Something like: "Buy today and expand your mind" ??? What
    benefit could I offer? A free ebook perhaps?

Thanks for the feedback on the song downloads, you are the first person to help me
    with that. :) One thing I can do is add this text:

"Right-click and choose Save Target As... to download."

I don't understand what player you clicked on? I heard a couple of tracks by Kraftwerk
    and JM Jarre when I was young and loved that kind of music, I never thought my music
    had any connection to them. :) That gives me some great ideas for keywords. Can you
    think of any other artists/bands that my music sounds like that I could use as a
    keyword?

Making it clear that we are a techno band and not a general techno music site is also a
    great idea. Thank you.

The small amount of traffic I received DID result in newsletter (zylascope ezine) signups,
    cost me approx. $2 per subscriber. I think that's awesome but I could probably
    improve.

The campaign was max $1 per day for 10 days. When I added heaps of keywords the
    max bid dropped and impressions and clicks stopped, so I changed to manual bidding and
    increased the bid (from 20 cents to 50 cents), I hope I get some clicks now.

Still learning!

zylascope, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  5. Lucid Web Marketing

Best Answers:
    My older brother was into Jarre back in the day but I haven't heard his music in quite a few years. Kraftwerk on the other hand, I have vinyl records I transferred to MP3 last year. But I don't listen to them anymore. I suppose I outgrew them. I bought a Ladytron track a while back that I thought was kind of cool.

Now, I suggest if you bid on those other bands' names to have an ad such as:

Like Ladytron?
    Then you'll love Zylascope.

OK, maybe not quite the same kind of music but you get the idea. As for other such bands, well, you'd know better than me. I'm not even sure what "techno" really means. I guess electronic and when I heard your song, that's what it sounded like to me and reminded me of Kraftwerk. Trans-Europe Express for some reason. Looking at your album, your "Semiconductor Soup" title is making me think it might be something like their computer album.

You need to find the "hook", the benefit of your music. I'm not sure what the benefit is, I've never sold music. Techno is different too. If you sold love songs, it might be something like "sets a romantic mood".

The player is the one when I clicked your free songs right at top of your page. It opened a new browser and started playing. I was trying to figure out how to actually download it. Right clicking on that page (on the player itself) gave me a menu and then the QT message.

Getting people to signup for your newsletter is a good start.

Think of using the site and Adwords for bookings at events. Probably not weddings but surely there must be some kinds of events where your music would be appropriate. Develop a following that way.

Another way to develop a following: I work at baseball stadium (minor league, I work the scoreboard and sometimes music). If I play a song, some like it and ask what it is. You could make short 30-second instrumentals for mound conferences (when I often play some old TV show jazzy tune) and the like or even pitching changes and between innings music. Just make a few of those, give them to the teams for them to play. Ask them to refer people to your site if they ask who was that.

Your click rate makes me think you are likely mixing search and content networks. You should never do that. Have separate campaigns for each.

Lucid Web Marketing, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  6. George Katsoudas

George Katsoudas Peon

Best Answers:
    Geoff, what are the top 3 keywords you use?

Is the campaign "for Search" or does it run on the Content Network?

George Katsoudas, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  7. zylascope

zylascope Peon

Best Answers:
    "Techno" - 4 clicks
    "computer music" - 3 clicks
    "music mp3" - 2 clicks

The campaign runs on "Search" AND "Display (content) network"

I didn't realise I could choose just one. Why do you advise against using both?

Thanks for you help,

zylascope, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  8. rlerza

rlerza Peon

Best Answers:
    make sure you are targeting the right keywords to increase conversion and also that the landing page is theme related to the keywords you are using and that should improve you ctr. Also non converting keywords should be deleted so that you left with golden nuggets keywords to increase you quality score in reduce cost.

rlerza, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  9. George Katsoudas

George Katsoudas Peon

Best Answers:
    For "Search", you want to match your ads (and your landing page) to your keywords.

For example, for the keyword "computer music", your ad may be something like:

Download Computer Music
    Free downloads plus 2 new albums
    Give friends something truly unique
    zylascope.com/ComputerMusic

Your keyword will be bolded in your ad and you will get a higher CTR.

The display network is a different beast altogether :)

George Katsoudas, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  10. Lucid Web Marketing

Best Answers:
    You don't mix search and content because they are so different. You need different approaches and therefore different ads. In search, I'm actually looking for what you offer. Your ad should be pulling me to it. In content, you are trying to push me to visit your site. See the difference?

Wrong keywords in my mind. "techno" may refer to many other things. Not a good idea to bid on a one-word keyword. "music mp3" does not describe at all your offer. It's a waste.

Lucid Web Marketing, Dec 16, 2010 IP