1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to use eAccelerator on Apache (XAMPP)?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by gandalf117, Dec 8, 2010.

I am running XAMPP on windows, which is a bundle of apache and php and more. I want to use the eAccelerator to compile my webpages so that they will be unreadable by other programmer who have access to my server. I want to use it to protect my scripts rather than speed them up. The problem is I don't know how.

I actually tried to do this first with mmcache and later read about the eAccelerator and that it's already installed on XAMPP. I edited the proper line in the php.ini and enabled the eAccelerator on XAMPP. Now what's left is to compile the .php pages on my server (so that they cannot be read by other programmers) and put them on the real server. Or am I missing something?

What do you have to do in order to compile a particular webpage?

gandalf117, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  2. BeoR

BeoR Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why not just remove their permissions? Compiling php can slow it down.

BeoR, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  3. gandalf117

gandalf117 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't remove their permissions because they will know I have removed them and won't be happy. All I want is to write code that is hard or impossible to read and copy with the same ease as it is now.

gandalf117, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  4. FookerFTW

FookerFTW Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure, but I am going to go into learning about Xampp soon.
    Look up how to encrypt with Xampp maybe?

FookerFTW, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  5. ramnet

ramnet Peon

Best Answers:
    eAccelerator isn't really designed to protect source code.

You should take a look at Ioncube, SourceGuardian, Zend Guard, and other such products like that.

ramnet, Dec 17, 2010 IP