1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad server Choices ? Open X alternatives ?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Rivmedia, Oct 16, 2010.

Im looking for something similar to open x or what Digital point is running here ( not integrated into vbulletin though ) BUT these are the key features i need.

• Paid or free i dont mind but it needs to be supported, OpenX no longer seems to have fast enough support
    • Ability to do contextual ads, banner ads, text ads and any other type of ads you can think of

Ive looked at one company , in fact i purchased the scripts but it didnt want to work on my server because of a rouge Zend extension.

SO what are the alternatives to OpenX ? Please do not point me towards some crappy script on hotscripts , I want full supported scripts from a reputable company or a massive following with a support community which is willing to help if needed. I also do not want to develop my own and do not need a coder so please dont offer me that either , Im mealy asking from your personal experience or knowledge whats good and whats not .

Rivmedia, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  2. eSupun

eSupun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am currently using OpenX in my server to serve ads. But sometimes, it gives me 500 Internal server errors. I believe it's with my IonCube configuration. Need to check it.

But I don't think you can find a better solution than that.

eSupun, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  3. tloosle

tloosle Active Member

Best Answers:
    tloosle, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  4. avermat

avermat Member

Best Answers:
    I used to use OpenX but am now using Google DFP for Small Business which is free. Not sure which kind of support questions you usually run into but they do have a support center, forum, and some training videos.

avermat, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  5. BeoR

BeoR Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried hosting OpenX on your own server? Or what avermat said...

BeoR, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  6. Rivmedia

Rivmedia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I havent looked at google DFP , ill take a look thanks. Support isnt an issue providing its secure unlike openx

Yeah hosting OpenX is the problem, its full of bugs and exploits which OpenX are incredibly slow to resolve because they do not support the open source version.

Rivmedia, Dec 15, 2010 IP