1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with Wordpress installation

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Kornflex, Dec 12, 2010.

I just installed wordpress in root directory and received email about successful instalation on my domain. But when I visit my home page all I can see is this error page and the worst thing is that my domain is in fact a subdomain on my 2 months old website which is hosted with another hosting company!!!

When I want to login I get this:
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@newdomain.olddomain.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

With hosts live support I did pinging and trace route stuff and the guy said that everythings fine.

I tried to reinstall but it was the same story.
    I can't even log in my wpadmin area!
    Can someone figure this out?
    Both hosters can't help, obviously...

Kornflex, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  2. elicitservers

elicitservers Peon

Best Answers:
    Your hosting provider(s) couldn't help with this? WordPress is a standard PHP script, you shouldn't be having any issues with it, at practically any host. So you have a main domain hosted with one provider, and the subdomain hosted with another?

Are you using a 1-click script installer or have you tried installing it manually?

elicitservers, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  3. Kornflex

Kornflex Peon

Best Answers:
    I installed it through fantastico. Not the first time to do it. It usually takes 20 minutes with all the plugins I need. I have a working website couple of months old hosted on, let's say whitehosting.com. Yesterday I purchased domain name, paid hosting for 1 year on blackhosting.com. Done dns settings and pointing and started to install wordpress. When it was done I couldn't see my home page and could not access my wpadmin area. And to be worst my NEW website was subdomain on my 3 months old website. I was amazed when I saw the result of installation. And no, I got no help from my new hosting company even when they saw the pinging and trace route results I sent them.

Kornflex, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  4. Yuuko008

Yuuko008 Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm. wordpress is a very common and highly-demanded script. And it must run on all webhosting environment. If you installed it via fantastico then the problem is on your host's side. Anyway did you try installing it manually?

Yuuko008, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  5. timtrice

timtrice Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely ridiculous if a hosting company cannot even offer Wordpress; agreed with Yuuko008.

I wouldn't even bother with Fantastico. The last install I did w/ that was WP 2.8 during the major security issues WordPress was having. Took too long waiting for Fantastico to keep up so I've done manually ever since. Yes, I know you can upgrade WP w/o Fantastico - but oftentimes that leads to errors.

Find a host that you can point your domain names to and get control of your website.

timtrice, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  6. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i can tell you this "internal server error" is because of .htaccess file.
    Delete the .htaccess file and recreate the permalinks in your wordpress. Try it!

Also Find out whether mod_rewrite is enabled on your site.

olddocks, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  7. shajjadonline

shajjadonline Member

Best Answers:
    Hey
    I think you already use a webhosting for your domain.
    Now you trying to host your this domain's subdomain in another hosting
    right? then its not possible to host domain in subdomain in sparate hosting...
    please tell clearly what's your problem...
    I can help you in this way...
    for installing wordpress using fantastico see wordpress installation using fantastico deluxe

shajjadonline, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  8. Kornflex

Kornflex Peon

Best Answers:
    Everything is fixed now. The only thing needed was changing permissions to 755 which I did.
    Thank you all for your replies!

Kornflex, Dec 13, 2010 IP