1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal chargebacked me!

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Foxtrot_, Dec 12, 2010.

So I just have an issue with paypal. I just received a sum of $825 USD from a buyer who bought virtual goods from me and then i withdrew the sum of money to my bank account and while it was pending, I received a chargeback. I thought that the buyer filed a chargeback but he told me that he didn't so the chargeback must have come from paypal itself. Paypal chargebacked at me saying that the transaction was unauthorized which is ridiculous because someone really did send the money to me. I rang up paypal and they said that it would take them 50 days to review this case. I just find it weird and confused as to why paypal will just hold my money for no reason. Is there anything I can do to get this problem solved?

Foxtrot_, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  2. dzoniij

dzoniij Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is someone :D Paypal don't want that some Jack who hacked other legitimate account sent you money. And accepting such sum via paypal from strangers is very risky. You can't do anything much with this maybe if buyer sent money for example from abroad and he will later explain it to paypal you may got back your money but if it really was unauthorized transaction you can forget about your money

dzoniij, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  3. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Maybe your buyer playing with you.

DON.

deluxdon, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  4. gamepro127

gamepro127 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your buyer is lying to you, either that or the PayPal account he sent you the funds from was hacked or stolen and paypal chargedback the payment for security reasons.

If somebody stole your paypal and sent someone $800 with it, wouldn't you want PayPal to charge it back, too?

gamepro127, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  5. newshotz

newshotz Peon

Best Answers:
    The buyer who gave you the money filed an unauthorized claim, it has happened to me before. I got scammed out of $1000 so I know exactly thats what happened. Unfortuntaly its happening to alot of people and GAYPAL response in a nutshell "you are just screwed"

newshotz, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  6. Moses8595

Moses8595 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure the buyer opened a dispute(not paypal)

Moses8595, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  7. namduong8889

namduong8889 Peon

Best Answers:
    why does paypal do like that?

We're using their service, we paid them money, we must not care about scam and fraud, that's their works.

Why didn't they block the transaction from the first time !!! "chargedback" !?? It has no meaning when the product was delivered

If I were not in this forum i would never know this such of thing happens. If I were the US government Paypal went to jail !!!!

namduong8889, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  8. anonymou53

anonymou53 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not Paypal.

anonymou53, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  9. Hmmm..

Hmmm.. Peon

Best Answers:
    The thread starter is right. Sometimes Paypal do chargeback.

I encounter such chargebacks, 1-2 times every month. They analyze all transactions and temporarily put on hold any transaction which looks suspicious to their system.

Sometimes you win the chargeback and sometimes paypal. :mad: :cool:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
    Hmmm.., Dec 17, 2010 IP
  10. MrBoss

MrBoss Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely your buyer is fraudulent.
    Either he has used a hacked account or he made payment from its own account and then filed a chargeback saying he did not authorize it.
    In this case, seller can not do much. I am afraid, you may lose your money.

MrBoss, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  11. nitinleew

nitinleew Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal do chargeback??? never heard this before....i don't think so.

nitinleew, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  12. Foxtrot_

Foxtrot_ Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the advice but it turns out that it wasn't a chargeback but Paypal held the money because it's too much a sum so they suspect the source of the money is fraudelent. After the buyer rang paypal up to prove he really did send the money to me, paypal returned me my money. Now my question is if I transfer the money to my bank account, will paypal still be able to chargeback me?

Foxtrot_, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  13. MrBoss

MrBoss Peon

Best Answers:
    After the money is transferred to your bank, PayPal CAN chargeback it but can not withdraw it from your bank. If PayPal chargebacks it then the sum will be deducted from your PayPal account and if the amount is not sufficient then your PP account will show a negative balance, which means you owe to PayPal.

MrBoss, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  14. uditg

uditg Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had faced this problem earlier and lost $100 unfortunately :(

but then everyone uses paypal and not moneybooker (has less fees) so we can't do anything

uditg, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  15. Foxtrot_

Foxtrot_ Banned

Best Answers:
    But will Paypal like ring up my bank and request for the money to be sent back or something?

Foxtrot_, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  16. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have your CC attach to your PP account than PP can request the money that way but they can't go ring up your bank or CC unless you expressly give them permission to do so. Leave the funds in your PP account for a few months (maximum 90 days) than request a withdraw to your bank account to be on the safe side in event your buyer does initiate a chargeback. You wouldn't have been able to make a withdraw in the first place if your PP account was recently established or limited for some other reason by them.

muffet, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  17. Foxtrot_

Foxtrot_ Banned

Best Answers:
    From what I've heard is once you withdraw money from your paypal account to your bank account, you're pretty much safe because paypal can't touch the money in your bank. I won the dispute or rather the case with the buyer cause he refunded me the money back as it's proved that the source is reliable so will the buyer still be able to chargeback me?

Foxtrot_, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  18. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    Paypal not charge Back Money by It Self :) Its not Possible Yet... You Customer Must charge back money.... You will receive A email on you account Just Go and cheek It Out

Irfi0009, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  19. 'SQUIDOO'

'SQUIDOO' Peon

Best Answers:
    That is part of game dude. I am facing this issue since 2007 (business starts). We have to pay for using their services on their discrete.
    Thanks

'SQUIDOO', Dec 23, 2010 IP