1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to promote Dating Website.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by munier, Dec 10, 2010.

Hi there,

I want to launch a dating website, but I don't really know what the best way for promotion is.

I would like to do it trough the internet and as cheap as possible.

My marketing budget is 2000 EUR.

I want to have a around 5000 registered members with this money.

I did do some SEO, I'm currently on the second page of google search...

Can anyone please give me advice on what to do?

munier, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  2. steveeyes

steveeyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Promoting a dating site is no different than a marketing strategy used by other niches. I would search digital point forum on how to get traffic or market your site. There are tons of posts so no need for me to post it here. Search and you will find the answers.

steveeyes, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  3. Giamatti

Giamatti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    have you tried facebook marketing? they have a amazing ad system

Giamatti, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  4. Hoodala

Hoodala Peon

Best Answers:
    Dating is a pretty tough market, you must have a special niche to already be on page 2. You could try an ad program like facebook, but if you are already on page 2 I would just invest in SEO and link building.

Hoodala, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  5. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    I would invest some of this money in SEO. You could either do it yourself, or hire a company to get you started. The problem is if you spend too much time doing SEO for poorly selected keywords, you could be wasting a lot of time. That's why it's good to have a reputable company get you started.

I would then consider using google adwords. I find this is the best bang for the buck. This is very targeted advertising, so you won't have people sent to your site who aren't looking for dating. Targeted marketing is definitely the way to go.

Best of luck. But remember that depending on the search engines for all your traffic can be fickle. I just had a site go from 3 to 30 in the SERPS for a very good keyword. I have not yet figured out why. What I do know is that I'm now getting thousands less visitors a day. Now that really sucks.

jasonvan, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  6. djdestruction

djdestruction Peon

Best Answers:
    Local Ads, Flyers (hit me up if you need 5,000 designed printed and shipped for $140), those corrugated plastic yard signs, stickers on the subway...dating sites neeed offline marketing!

djdestruction, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  7. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dating Website is quite challenging in SEO method. But you have to do so and just your target market will be different.
    Try out most of the social websites or chatting box, software as well. I think there will be the place most easy to target.

JerrickYeoh, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  8. imbusinessman

imbusinessman Peon

Best Answers:
    you could promote through video marketing

imbusinessman, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  9. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    Is your site unique compared to the competition already out there? They're spending well over the amount you specified so it may be though getting 5000 subscribers unless there's something really unique the other sites aren't offering already.

gotlivechat, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  10. carol.prime

carol.prime Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook marketing is great. We've been doing this to our clients and they are very satisfied with the result.

carol.prime, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  11. jewel3000

jewel3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you say you "want to launch" your site, yet say you're already on Google page 2?

If you're already indexed and on page 2, sounds like you already "launched." Maybe not as successful as you'd like yet?

To drive memberships, I'd suggest you:
    >> create a really good dating tips report
    >> promote your freebie w/ ads on Facebook
    >> issue a series of SEO press releases (say, 1 per month)

Also, I'm contacted by lots of people in your niche who put LOTS of SEO content articles on their site, to pull traffic from 30+ different keywords/phrases. Put more SEO feelers out there for more keywords to get more options of who'll come to register for your service.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
    jewel3000, Dec 14, 2010 IP