1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

no follow and all in one SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by quatto, Dec 9, 2010.

I am using all in one SEO as a plugin for my wordpress site.

The theme I am using doesn't give me any options to check off no-follow to certain pages and posts, etc..

First, I am unfamiliar with no follow, when is it advantageous to use it?

And second, how do I make something no follow? in the code? does all in one SEO do it for you?

quatto, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  2. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both - nofollow and dofollow have advantages as disadvantages depending on your marketing strategy.

kalseo, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  3. gadgetguy011

gadgetguy011 Peon

Best Answers:
    to make a link noffolow use <*a href="http://yourlink.com" rel="nofollow"> in your code

gadgetguy011, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  4. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    seo pack does not get involved with nofollow. There are other plugins available just for this. Ultimate nofollow springs to mind and noff no follow free - which reverses the nofollow that is standard in WP on comments. I allow links (max 2) on comments as when someone gets through the filters and puts in time for a real comment they can have a link.
    Nofollow makes sense for areas and pages you don't want indexed. e.g. log in any admin also make G's life easier by nofollow for archive links etc.
    Best of luck
    expat

expat, Dec 9, 2010 IP
    quatto likes this.
  5. poppaippi

poppaippi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Seo pack is not for that reason..but if you don't want follow..you must go edit your..theme "single page'

poppaippi, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  6. solidcode

solidcode Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In WP there are lots of pages such as Tags, Archives that are duplicate content so using nofollow/no index will help make sure google indexes the right pages and doesn't give you a penity for duplicate content.

solidcode, Dec 11, 2010 IP