1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How easy is it to get a Keyword Domain to the top of Google?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by mcfc4eva, Dec 7, 2010.

Hi,

I know keyword domains help with SEO, but how much? I have been looking into a few keyword domains with good monthly global searches. My idea was to register them and develop a minisite (1 to 5 pages of unique content) in order to get to the top of google. I would then either use affiliate/ad campaigns such as Amazon/AdSense to generate a little income.

My question is, how hard will this be for a amateur in SEO?

One of the domains I noticed was available (although it probably won't be for long) is BillabongHats.com. "Billabong Hats" gets 8,100 exact global searches monthly according to Google Keywords Tool, but the competition is quite high too. How hard would it be to rank top?

What kind of domains should I be looking for in terms of global searches and competition?

--Mike

mcfc4eva, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  2. wesleybeck

wesleybeck Peon

Best Answers:
    The competition for Billabon hate isn't really that tough only 28000 fir exact search and the average page rank is only about 2. With a good seo plan of backlinks,, social bookmarking, articles, blog comments, and the like you should have no problem taking over the top positions. Pick 10 to 20 other related keywords with competition of 50,000 or less in quotes and create some articles targeting these keywords and go for it. I really don,t think you will have any trouble. If you will set up a traffic plan and stay with it every day. Just don't build to many links to fast.

wesleybeck, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  3. kg1234

kg1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think it works

kg1234, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  4. kenny1703

kenny1703 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keyword in domain is just one of parts for SEO. you also need content and SEO methods to build it up.

kenny1703, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  5. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    It should be a fairly easy job provided you have the time to learn about SEO. It won't happen overnight, but overtime you should have top SERPs.

Personally, i think this would be a great learning experience for an amateur in SEO. A keyword rich domain, with not much competition, would certainly work well for you (in terms of SEO ofcourse).

hhsaus, Dec 8, 2010 IP
    mcfc4eva likes this.
  6. seosaroj

seosaroj Member

Best Answers:
    It really works, if you have a keyword related domain then its much easier to get good ranking.

seosaroj, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  7. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah just lately keywords in the domain have become so important, of course there are many other factors and if its a competative market keywords in URL wont be enough on its own but with some good inbound links, well designed site and good content then the added bonus really does mean you can take most search terms with this method so much easier.

johneva, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  8. kumar.webseo

kumar.webseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If your domain name is related to your keyword it may be help you to get ranked with particular keyword but I personally think it's not an easy task because it's need some SEO efforts good content, inboud no. of links and many more.

kumar.webseo, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  9. Matt Faro

Matt Faro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Matt Faro, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  10. mtryanks12

mtryanks12 Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to be patient - it can take years

mtryanks12, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  11. mserika2010

mserika2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not easy. Knowing that from your starting link-building you would have another time to wait for the result.

mserika2010, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  12. Recruitment Nick

Recruitment Nick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    EDIT: Just realised you're a Man City fan, not sure I should have given the information - you guys are rich enough! ;)

It is a great technique and something I do all the time, both for selling and my own sites. As has been pointed out the competition is a factor.

First let me say that I NEVER use trademarked names in URLs. Sometimes I wish I did, there are some great potential phrases to target. BUT the risk of having them taken away from you when they start ranking (and so earning money) means I don't consider it worth it.

With competition look deeper than many do. consider such aspects as

1) PR of top 10 pages
    2) The number of backlinks to each page
    3) Whether the competition is TLD or not (TLD's are often far harder to compete with)

Also consider such things as

* Monthly EXACT searches (especially in the country of your choice)
    * CPC
    * Number of competing sites (BROAD search, not exact quotation marks).

Let me know if you have any more specific questions

Nick

Recruitment Nick, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  13. mcfc4eva

mcfc4eva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Nick, great tips!

And as for supporting Man City, unfortunately I'm not quite as rich as the club. I wish I had just 0.1% of Abu Dhabi's wealth haha! And for anyone that follows English football, I've supported them my whole life, not just since the take-over! :p Blue blood through and through.

mcfc4eva, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  14. Recruitment Nick

Recruitment Nick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Lol, only a bit of teasing - I'm a Spurs fan so your rise is frustrating, we need that top 4 place! TBH though as a Welsh man rugby is more my sport.

If you need any help with this stuff then send me a PM. Am putting together a free email training course on such niche site creation and so I find it just as useful finding out where people are struggling/need info as you do finding out the answers!

Nick

Recruitment Nick, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  15. awais minhas

awais minhas Peon

Best Answers:
    no doubt about that keyword related domains are easy to optimized but it is not so easy as people think you have to develop proper seo strategy to get the top rankings.

awais minhas, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  16. raj61184

raj61184 Member

Best Answers:
    Never go for keywords which have high competition according to google keyword tool because it would require a lot of decidated SEO effort, even if you can, you should not do as all hard word is not smart work. Try and find keywords that have low/medium competition, these are the keywords on which you can dominate faster. Also it is best to have a domain name exactly same as the target keyword as because this way you will be able to come ahead of other high PR websites (obviously your website should have good).

raj61184, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  17. PraveenBhalla

PraveenBhalla Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello this is my question???

If the high competator keyword is our main business could we never go to his....

If you place your best effort on the project he project most be success.

Thanks
    tiainterweb.net

PraveenBhalla, Dec 28, 2010 IP
  18. fansi099

fansi099 Peon

Best Answers:
    spurs and man city :) u guys both from uk ?? and the answer to ur question,mcfc, Long Tail Low Competition Keywords !!! btw ,is ur avatar a "qq" ? :)

fansi099, Dec 28, 2010 IP
  19. mcfc4eva

mcfc4eva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I'm from the UK. Thanks for the tip, and as for my Avatar, it's a Tux variation - wearing the beloved Man City home shirt :)

mcfc4eva, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  20. hrshijie

hrshijie Member

Best Answers:
    i think if your keywords related to your domain it is much easier for good rank.

hrshijie, Dec 29, 2010 IP