1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

facebook and twitter

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by dms-vector, Oct 22, 2010.

Im looking for a way to market my website via faceook and twitter (without spending). I feel that facebook could be a bigger advantage but what part of facebook could i use to drive unique visits to my site, how would i get loads of people to join a group or like a page?

dms-vector, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  2. patric samual

patric samual Peon

Best Answers:
    Both are good and it depends that how you are going to take the advantages of both of these sites.

patric samual, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  3. Revasmith

Revasmith Guest

Best Answers:
    yeah i agree with patric it depends what you want...both sites are give good and give good response.

Revasmith, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  4. dwhelp

dwhelp Guest

Best Answers:
    yeh...both are the highly used platforms

dwhelp, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  5. Nikkidelgadodesign

Nikkidelgadodesign Peon

Best Answers:
    I use facebook and twitter to market my home business. I can take you online and show you how I personally generate 50-100 leads per week using free social media stratagies.
    Contact me by clicking the link in my signature.
    Nikki Delgado

Nikkidelgadodesign, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  6. hungvn9

hungvn9 Member

Best Answers:
    good content will attract people

hungvn9, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  7. Querall

Querall Peon

Best Answers:
    FB up to the games, but why not use both since both platform is very popular?

Querall, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  8. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook you should do Ads and FanPage.. Twitter you just have to find the right group of people and get them to follow.. you can get bunch of people to join your group by providing some useful info or a special giveaway :) GL

Justin_Dupre, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  9. rypher21

rypher21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    they're both good sites...facebook crowd is very huge as well as twitter
    facebook fan page would be good, you can also create application..
    the bottom line is be an active user...:)

rypher21, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  10. Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi facebook and twitter is a good way of spreading something about your site. So, why don't you start in spreading informative and interesting things about your site, like promo, give away, etc. Try to come up with things that will attract your target viewers or visitors. And also, interacting with the users of these social network site are also gonna help in gaining your target market.

Laura Thomas, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  11. guazi

guazi Peon

Best Answers:
    Each other has its advantage, it depends on whick you like to, and whick you r accustomed to! best wishes!

guazi, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  12. BB-OM

BB-OM Member

Best Answers:
    Both Facebook and Twitter are about building relevant network or your niche and gaining popularity on that network. It demands serious efforts and can very well boost your whole social media campaign if done well. It'll be like a chain reaction. In no time, an interesting content or a topic can be popularized depending on the network that you have.

BB-OM, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  13. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    facebook pahe is more suitable to get visitors

rain21, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  14. ktuite

ktuite Peon

Best Answers:
    You could try twiends. It is a site that allows users to post their sites and link to them for virtual credits. No actual money required. Most people will not be interested though I have found.

ktuite, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  15. claw

claw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the best way to get a lot of visitors who are going to be of use to you would be to ensure the social networking sites are referenced right throughout your business, as well as just on your businesses website. Make sure links to social networking sites feature in email and traditional mail communications. Make suggestions how your users can interact with your social networking pages. It's useless having lots of 'followers' or 'likers' that don't interact with the pages...

If you have bricks n mortar then promote your social networking activity from within these too...

Update your social networking pages regularly and this gives a reason for your followers / likers to visit often.

As well as the traditional two, there are many other options to add a social element to your website... You are in one now ;) - adding a forum to your website means regularly updated content generated by customers - for free!

claw, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  16. musichangout.com

musichangout.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both plat forms are good in getting traffic to sites . It depends on how many members you have in both of your profiles .

musichangout.com, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  17. Maitah

Maitah Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah i agree to them also..

Maitah, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  18. Jackeren

Jackeren Peon

Best Answers:
    yes i'm agree with u,,,

Jackeren, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  19. tariq1654

tariq1654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make a large fanpage or group on facebook. Then update your page once a day, give some interesting topics to your fans or group members.
    How to make large fanbase? You have to have huge friends and have to invite them manually. If you have more profiles with huge friends then its a matter of time to get large fanbase. And if you don't have, hire a freelancer to do so through freelancer website.

For me, I get 3-4% traffic of my total followers per tweet. You can increase your twitter followers, even 5000-7000 followers per month. While following others make sure that you are following right people of your category.

tariq1654, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  20. ListBuildingForNewbies

ListBuildingForNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed Facebook is a more effective tool for marketing your online business. However, you shouldn't underestimate the value of Twitter for marketing. As for Facebook, you would be well advised to set up also a Fan Page for marketing your online business. In short, you need both a Facebook Fan Page and a Twitter account for marketing your website.

ListBuildingForNewbies, Dec 10, 2010 IP