1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Major SERP drop in Google

Discussion in 'Google' started by quiz, Dec 6, 2010.

Hello,

My website: http://goo.gl/hIfm dropped on a few keywords last days and at some keywords i totally disappeared.

- Haven't changed any URL (rewrite, etc).
    - Amount of incoming backlinks is still growing.
    - No new outgoing links last weeks.
    (I just have no idea how it can drop like this without any good reason.)

Maybe i am in the Google Sandbox?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
    quiz, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  2. mitashseo

mitashseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Your website is just 6 months old! The rise in keyword rank is normal to a newly built website, if it has relevant content to the Google searches. This is because, Google always try to put fresh result in search results page. Your website may be lucky to have Google love with this point!

Drop or disappear in keyword ranks happens due to several reasons. Few of them are:
    1)Your keyword score drop from your anchor text back links
    2)Relevance and Popularity of your competitors are higher than yours.

Whatever be the reason, be persistent in your SEO efforts and you will certain see the benefits!

All the Best!

mitashseo, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  3. xfeeder

xfeeder Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry! Probably a Google algo adjustment.

I have a 2 years old website with the same problem. Now is growing back to normal position

xfeeder, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  4. iso2009

iso2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    it is a google algo issue as I saw older (and penalised) sites getting up in the serps while some of mine are just out.
    This happened today, yesterday was OK.
    Still weird though

iso2009, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  5. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the game of SEO! Consistency...

MarcL, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  6. paul007

paul007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its just a temporary issue. There might be some changes in Google's algprithm. I would think that keep doing what you have been doing with this site. Do not try extravagant things like getting to many links in a short amount of time or things like that. Some activity on your site might also help. So a little paid traffic might be good. These are my suggestions.

paul007, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  7. massjo

massjo Active Member

Best Answers:
    as you said, may be you are in google sand box;

massjo, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  8. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how Google Sandbox works but i saw someone talking about it (who had the same problem.).

I don't think the fact that my website is only 6 months old has anything to do with this major drop. My pages have a much better On-page SEO then those and if i only lost 2 / 3 places in the SERP then i shouldn't make this topic like this because that can always happen.

quiz, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  9. localdominator

localdominator Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is updating some stuff around the beginning of the yr to its algo from what I have been hearing. Just a heads up. Keep up your link building and give it a bit of time. A number of folks have seen similar things happen that have posted elsewhere on the forum.

localdominator, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  10. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You said your backlinks was increasing while the ranking was dropped. May I ask you some questions?

1. What kind of links you built recently? There are many type of link such as sitewide / homepage / in-content / social network / social bookmark / blog post / directory submission / reciprocal link / etc.

2. Did you vary the anchor text? It is not good to have identical anchor text. If you have built links with only a few anchor texts then it would be flagged or devalued.

3. How consistency you built those links?

4. How relevancy the links you built?

Sxperm, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  11. theentry

theentry Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm a little off topic, but using what did you made that report (which you got on the screenshot)

theentry, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  12. Balau

Balau Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please tell me what keyword program do you use?

Balau, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  13. diyakapoor

diyakapoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    This may be the reason of Google update. Keep working on with building quality back links. Soon you will get your rankings back.

diyakapoor, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  14. bigitaboss

bigitaboss Peon

Best Answers:
    whatever the program, it is against Google ToS

bigitaboss, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  15. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. I did 2 sitewide link exchanges with higher PR's and some related forum / blog backlinks.
    2. After i saw some good results on some of my keywords i switched to new anchor texts so it should look quite natural for Search Engines.
    3. I try to post on forums / blogs daily and sometimes i have a 2-way exchange (like 2 / 3 last month).
    4. I only accept game related websites for a link exchange or from websites with a higher PR which i guess have a higher value then most others.

@theentry & Balau
    http://www.cleverstat.com/en/google-monitor-query.htm

@bigitaboss
    Why is it against Google's ToS? And will this also effect my websites? (Using it already for over a year and never had a drop like this + it didn't happen on all of my websites.)

quiz, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  16. Revis

Revis Peon

Best Answers:
    Gotta keep up with the SEO. Keep building decent backlinks, add new content, do proper keyword research, etc.

Revis, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  17. el taco

el taco Peon

Best Answers:
    We just experienced similar issues as yours. We ranked on 40 to 50+ top keywords on page 1 for months if not over a year. Suddenly they disappeared completely or pushed to page 2 or 3. We made updates to the site a couple of weeks ago and experienced slight down-time during the heavy Black Friday shopping. Anything think this is an algorithm tweak? Seems to have occurred or notice drop in Google traffic since midnight on December 8.

el taco, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  18. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good to hear i am not they only guy with this problem.

quiz, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  19. imperialDirectory

imperialDirectory Peon

Best Answers:
    I think what he meant is the program you use is against Google's TOS. It shouldn't affect your website directly. Most of those keywords ranking program fetch Google's search result pages by automatic queries. When you use it number of times in a short period, your computer will get banned from sending queries to Google for a period of time (not sure how long, could be half an hour or longer). And since the program you used cannot receive any information from Google's page, it shows your keywords disappeared.

You can confirm this by going to "www.google.com" directly. You may receive a message that says your computer is sending automatic queries to Google when you perform any searches. To confirm your Google ranking, just do a normal organic search :)

imperialDirectory, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  20. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had that ones, when i checked like +100 keywords from 3 websites. Don't think it has something to do with the SERP but we will see.

quiz, Dec 9, 2010 IP