1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the Best Shopping Cart software?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Woodcs82, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Magento, Zen cart and Prestashop ..

You can use shopperpress with wordpress if you want ..

Toon-c, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  2. Peter Clarke

Peter Clarke Peon

Best Answers:
    Carts need a payment add-on. We use paypal for almost everything, with a cheque option for those who prefer. paypal gives the customer the choice of using their paypal account or jusat paying by creditcard.

As for carts - we use Zencart across all our ecommerce sites.

Peter

Peter Clarke, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  3. rahman_abrar

rahman_abrar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well Peter, I won't comment on what you said about the carts as I have already commented on it but one thing I would like to say on the quote in your signature. The quote is too good man, you have probably given one of the best comparisons I have seen till now. Hats off to you :D.

rahman_abrar, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  4. sebbo

sebbo Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also use Virtue mart with Joomla , I have been using that now and it is also free and very good , I have not tried Magenta but have heard a lot of good things about it

sebbo, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  5. swasts

swasts Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Magento(free edition) is the best shopping cart so far.....their support also ok....This Shopping Cart also more user friendly...

swasts, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  6. Brightx

Brightx Peon

Best Answers:
    PrestaShop or OpenCart are good choices.

Bright

Brightx, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  7. adi12

adi12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    OsCommerce is the best! By far!

adi12, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  8. xavianer

xavianer Active Member

Best Answers:
    OScommerce is for ecommerce websites but there is something make this CMS conflict with the DB settings. You can try Wordpress, eCommerce template and use eCommerce plug in.

xavianer, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  9. Coding staff

Coding staff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've tried a lot of platforms and modules. I've chosen Prestashop and cs-cart for myself.

Coding staff, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  10. pjshaun

pjshaun Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used Zen Cart and I liked it.

pjshaun, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  11. C.KDavid

C.KDavid Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm paying for the service of www.shoppingcartelite.com and I'm getting my money's worth.

C.KDavid, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  12. arwa

arwa Peon

Best Answers:
    i like zencart, support for marketing

arwa, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  13. pattiv888

pattiv888 Peon

Best Answers:
    OS Commerce is very difficult to install and use – and it’s very limiting. There’s not enough features to run an entire professional business. The same goes with ZenCart. Magento almost has it right, but it’s also very difficult to install and it’s slow.

You should look into a total online business platform such as Haiku O.B. which handles shopping cart, website, customer database and marketing features. It’s a hosted solution so you don’t have to worry about the technical stuff either. All the other bases are also integrated, such as the payment gateways, shipping modules etc., and you can even give your customers coupons and vouchers. It’s an all in one solution so you don’t need to juggle multiple systems.

pattiv888, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  14. simsolutions

simsolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    24Seven Cart

simsolutions, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  15. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    You would set up a Business or Premier account with Paypal. You will go through the usual routine of them (that is PayPal) verifying your identity. After they've verified your identity. There are some things you can do to increase your limit. You can join a bank account with your PayPal account and verify your SSN. Since you'd be considered a new vendor using their (PayPal's) service they will temporarily hold any funds from orders made from your ecommerce site until after the customer receives their package. I know this is how they do things with ebay. Someone can correct me if I'm in error if they do things differently with other ecommerce sites that you specifically own. After your account as been establish for awhile they will lift this restriction and you can request to withdraw monies from your PayPal to your bank account.

If you want the monies to go directly into your bank account when a customer places an order on your site then you would set up a Business (Merchant) checking account. I don't know specifically where you're at you can go to your local bank and find out what are the specific requirements for setting up a Merchant account with them. They will want to see that your site is up and has the products loaded on it before they will set up an account though. I know that is how it is here in the U.S.

PayPal isn't a shopping cart, Paypal is a payment processor. A big difference between the shopping carts mentioned. You need a shopping cart (i.e. Magento) than you or your developer would install PayPal's API to process the payments made through your website. Do you understand now how everything works?

muffet, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  16. AlfredSiliano

AlfredSiliano Guest

Best Answers:
    I have used Zencart in the past for a short period of time. They did a great job and was very easy to customize.

AlfredSiliano, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  17. Just A Wag

Just A Wag Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to use cs-cart for all my clients, but licensing issues forced me to look elsewhere. I tried just about every damn cart out there, but in the end I settled on opencart as it offers everything one could really need, it's free and the support forum is very active and helpful. Also it doesn't eat up server resources like magento and it's very easy to customise and work on the code.
    Opencart (and maybe prestashop, but it's code is a bit outdated) is really the modern way to go - osc / zen etc are just way too old and they look it !

Just A Wag, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  18. reden

reden Peon

Best Answers:
    Try www.shoppingcartelite.com as well and. This might meet your requirements. Explore other options.

reden, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  19. fenjal

fenjal Peon

Best Answers:
    I think X-Cart Gold(run with up to 500 000 products).

fenjal, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  20. scudmissile

scudmissile Member

Best Answers:
    which one user friendly?
    now i use cubecart..

scudmissile, Dec 12, 2010 IP