1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to layout a template or theme in Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by muffet, Dec 5, 2010.

How do I layout a template or theme design in Photoshop based on Magento shopping platform? I am wanting to try my hand at making a custom template design base on a beauty theme. I'm not really comfortable nor am I expert with Photoshop. Does each image or text represent a layer in PSD? How do I make sure everything is lined up correctly when I start adding images and text to the design? I appreciate it, if someone who has design Magento templates, can give me some important pointers. I want to make my website aesthetically pleasing as possible when individuals visit my site. Thanks.

muffet, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  2. bobwillz

bobwillz Active Member

Best Answers:
    When working in Photoshop, you will be creating a series of Layers. Think of these as a set of stacked transparencies. You should always have your Layer palette open so that you can keep track of where you are working and get to your target Layer easily. The Layer you are currently on will be highlighted in blue on the palette.

Layer management allows you to isolate images, text etc and creates an efficient workspace, allowing elements to have independent space. It also allows you to show or hide elements quickly, using the eye icon in the palette. This allows you to focus on specific working targets without visual distraction.

bobwillz, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  3. TechGal

TechGal Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes thats right. Also create folder for stacking similar layers together for cleaner look. with practice we get to explore & learn a lot on PShop. Online tuts are always helpful.

TechGal, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  4. iapdesign

iapdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there!
    hmm.i have work in magento shopping cart once in a while because i set up a shopping cart to my boss and design a theme. But i dont have any idea how to design a magento template because it's kinda hard to do from scratch. What i did is to get a default theme.. analyze each part.. then.. i structure my design like that.!

iapdesign, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  5. pakeeza1990

pakeeza1990 Peon

Best Answers:
    i have visited and i found it best and may be it is because of you ... thank you

pakeeza1990, Dec 31, 2010 IP