Why do the liberals hate us?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by chulium, Oct 8, 2006.

Why do libs hate us?

US = republicans/conservatives
    US = United States
    US = Patriotism
    US = Freedom (notice my signature)
    US = Forces of Good

Why do the liberals only complain about the above, and never support them?

Why must we fight this debate war with them..... why can't we just export them to Columbia...? :confused: or "own" them all at once... why must we do it bit by bit...

.chulium.

(clarification: I don't hate democrats/left-wingers, I respect them, it's liberals I have trouble with...)

chulium, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Mostly, it is from a lack of experience in the real world.

I see this behavior both from young people and from long-term employees of government and large-enterprise. What these people all have in common is that they have been insulated from economic reality. They have come to believe that prosperity just happens magically and that if it does not happen it is the fault of the government for not doing enough for them.

These people all tend to live in secure communities and have no human empathy for those who are different from themselves. They can't really have empathy, because they have never really experienced pain. They just can't imagine what it could be like.

Will.Spencer, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  3. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I was raised in a republican family. In fact I am registered to vote as a Republican. Yet I am coming to realize more and more that my political beliefs can be more accurately labeled as being a liberal. I am wondering what specific issue you are having with liberals? I don't usually support Republicans because I disagree with alot of issues they support. I strongly believe and support in individual freedom and I also love the United States. As far as being patriotic I am, yet I still believe in respecting other countries and cultures as well. As far as the "forces of good", I am not familiar with that term so I couldn't really comment on that. As far as exporting all liberals to columbia, that seems like a very un-american statement to me. Are you so afraid of people having a different point of view? I am not afraid of your viewpoints and don't wish to send you to columbia. I think we all have things to learn from eachother. I looked up the wikepedia definition for liberal, can you tell me what is so upsetting for you? Is it believing in freedom of thought? It is believing in free public education? or helping the homeless? Exactly what is it that makes you want to send me packing to cambodia?

Liberalism is an ideology, philosophical view, and political tradition which holds that liberty is the primary political value.[1] Liberalism has its roots in the Western Enlightenment, but the term now encompasses a diversity of political thought.

Broadly speaking, contemporary liberalism emphasizes individual rights. It seeks a society characterized by freedom of thought for individuals, limitations on power, especially of government and religion, the rule of law, free public education, the free exchange of ideas, a market economy that supports relatively free private enterprise, and a transparent system of government in which the rights of all citizens are protected. [2] In modern society, liberals favor a liberal democracy with open and fair elections, where all citizens have equal rights by law and an equal opportunity to succeed[3].

Many modern liberals advocate a greater degree of government interference in the free market, often in the form of anti-discrimination laws, civil service examinations, universal education, and progressive taxation. This philosophy frequently extends to a belief that the government should provide for a degree of general welfare, including benefits for the unemployed, housing for the homeless, and medical care for the sick. Such publicly-funded initiatives and interferences in the market are rejected by modern advocates of classical liberalism, which emphasizes free private enterprise, individual property rights and freedom of contract; classical liberals hold that economic inequality, as arising naturally from competition in the free market, does not justify the violation of private property rights. However, modern advocates of classical liberalism do advocate a heavier taxation on the corporation, as opposed to the current trend of the burden of income tax resting on the shoulders of the individual worker, as did the early classical liberals.

Liberalism rejected many foundational assumptions which dominated most earlier theories of government, such as the Divine Right of Kings, hereditary status, and established religion. Fundamental human rights that all liberals support include the right to life, liberty, and property. Liberalism has its roots in the Western Enlightenment, but the term now encompasses a diversity of political thought, with adherents spanning a large part of the political spectrum.

A broader use of the term liberalism is in the context of liberal democracy (see also constitutionalism). In this sense of the word, it refers to a democracy in which the powers of government are limited and the rights of citizens are legally defined; this applies to nearly all Western democracies, and therefore is not solely associated with liberal parties.

:)

Rebecca, Oct 8, 2006 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    That's classic liberalism, which the Democratic Party abandoned almost a hundred years ago. The Republican Party is now much closer to the spirit of classic liberalism than the Democratic Party.

Have you read Why I am not a Conservative by the renowned economist Friedrich Hayek?

I might also recommend Conscience of a Conservative, by Barry Goldwater. Barry is an excellent spokesperson for the principles of modern conservatism -- which you might refer to as classic liberalism.

5. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would hold out on that one whilst all your freedoms are being removed by Mr Bush and Co. buddy. ;)

AGS, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  6. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why can't we just export out the morons (or conservatives, crackpots, religious right, which ever word you prefer :D ) to Iraq to fight the war they prayed for? :rolleyes:

Because you're always interfering with society progressing. You're always trying to force your backwards, superstituous, crackpot idealogy on everyone.

In the years as president Bush has done nothing but continually strip privacy and freedoms away from americans, keep rooting for him :rolleyes:

You mean the forces that bombed, murderred, raped and tortured innocent iraqis? :confused:

yo-yo, Oct 8, 2006 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Reading yo-yo's post, a better question came to mind...

Why should we care what liberals think? Stupid people will always exist. Who cares what (or if) they think?

8. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    You should not care what liberals think as liberals do the thinking for you while you sit there and pick on reasons to hate and disagree with liberals.

guru-seo, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    If I let liberals do my thinking for me, I'd be on welfare right now.

10. MarRome

MarRome Peon

Best Answers:
    Liberals hate us because they are secular and dont believe in anything.
    While conservatives actually believe in things that matter and have faith.

MarRome, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  11. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Good point. I'm interested in the psychology that drives them to self-loathing and the fear of being judged in the eyes of others as well as the lack of self-confidence and victimology.

I find liberal delusion fascinating, though I often wonder if many were not abused as kids. It may just be a mental disorder, but it is fascinating.

GTech, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Nah... I'm an athiest, but I'm definitely not a libtard.

13. MarRome

MarRome Peon

Best Answers:
    Then my friend you are definatly unique.

MarRome, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  14. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I am in good company, with people such as President John Adams, Thomas Alva Edison, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Benjamin Franklin, President Ulysses S Grant, Robert A. Heinlein, Thomas Paine, and Ayn Rand.

However, I cannot in good conscience recommend atheism to everyone. Atheism is a hard road to tread. Humans gain great comfort from the idea that there is a higher being watching over them - sort of an invisible big brother.

Atheism wins points for truthfulness, but loses points for comfort. It is an austere religion which is only fit for stern men.

Will.Spencer, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  15. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    nah, he is just an idiot, an atheist who cheers for the people who want a theocracy

ferret77, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  16. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Who do you cheer for?

GTech, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  17. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    GTech, you are the man!

I didn't even notice that. ferret almost got away with that.

What do you call a person who calls other people "idoits", when they themselves can't even spell "idiot."

That has got to hurt.

Will.Spencer, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  18. Shannon 2

Shannon 2 Peon

Best Answers:
    is a liberal not a person who wants change, while a consertative wants things to remain the same,

is this different in US

Shannon 2, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  19. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    spelling is over rated in my opinion, as long as the meaning is clear

[​IMG]

ferret77, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  20. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    conservatives are just people who got shot down by hippie chicks in high school

ferret77, Oct 9, 2006 IP