1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Don't have for sleep!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by William Veasley, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't care how young you are, you still need sleep. Even if you do become the richest man on Earth, its still nothing if you don't have the health to enjoy the rest of your life while you retire. Work your ass off for money is one thing, work your ass off to the max is just bad.

Wow I'm actually not bashing someone....must be because the thread is actually interesting.

Project Mobius, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  2. mreb1010

mreb1010 Peon

Best Answers:
    I sacrifice sleep but not because of work entirely. I suffer from insomnia plus that is my best time to work on my internet work (as their are no ringing phones, the house isn't chaotic) I can work best when everyone else is sleeping. I can concentrate. One day, I wont have the 9 to 5 job on top of it. I am a night owl. I can sleep very well during the day :)

mreb1010, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  3. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    yea have you ever wonder why you suffer from insomnia?

4. mreb1010

mreb1010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Project- I have done much research on insomnia. I think alot of it is in my mind actually. Unfortunately, I am an anxious type of person. That is my personality type and when I lay in bed to sleep, my mind is like a hampster in a wheel. It's not like that everynight, but I am also a mother. I think as a mother, we worry more than most. I am also a mortgage loan officer, day stock trader and internet marketing
    Unfortunately, the inability to sleep lies alot within ourselves. I am well aware of that. The research has helped me make some physical changes as well as emotional changes which definately help

mreb1010, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  5. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    again that's bad for your health, i really suggest you spend more time into your health than making money. Money won't buy you health.

6. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even my sleep times have taken a bad hit, from 8 hours a day sleep to 5 hours now :(
    Just can't catch sleep...

~~~~, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  7. mreb1010

mreb1010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Project- I am not obsessed with making money and that is not what causes my inability to sleep. As I said previously, I have an anxious personality. When I am laying in bed, I think of everything that needs to be done. I focus on being the perfect everything. Is that healthy?? of course not. I make money naturally. In the mortgage business, I get alot of referrals (therefore, don't even really advertise) because my business don't dry up. I am not stressed financially. I am stressed over everyday stuff - my 12 year old daughter, her schooling, her education, leading her in the correct direction, keeping up with her studies, keeping a roof over her head, food in her mouth, her extra curricular such as dance etc, My mom and dad whom are divorced are both in bad health and the list goes on and on) With that being said, I do try to focus on my health all the time but unfortunately, there is the thing called life that happens everyday which I have no control over (which I try to control and make better for everyone with enables my inability to sleep)
    Yes, I wish I could just program myself to say 'OK rest, go to bed and sleep"" Unfortunatley, it is not that easy for everyone
    I know I need rest

mreb1010, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  8. Dalyinx

Dalyinx Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate sleeping because I feel like I'm wasting time. I never have enough time!

Dalyinx, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  9. William Veasley

William Veasley Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Dalyinx,

Thank you! Someone finally agrees with me haha.

Even if I try to go to sleep at night a lot of times my mind just won't let me simple because I always know there is someone else up working their butt off to out work me. Like mred1010 said, when I lay down my mind wonders like a hamster wheel. What could I be doing now? What have I not done? What am I behind on? How can I get more traffic? If I do such and such I'll get this and that.

The point I'm trying to make it's not so much that I don't want to sleep, it's also I have a very very strong motivation to work as hard as I possibly can at making my life all the more better. It's not like I plan on staying up for the rest of my life. When that time comes that I start having health problems at least I will have the money to pay for the best doctor possible.

Another reason why I challenge myself to work so hard is I look up too my father and he didn't have a father to guide him. Coming from nothing he had to do everything on his own. He worked his ass off his whole life to make a comfortable living for his family so that we would never have to worry about having food to put in our belly. Just that motivates me to work hard for what I want. I'm a firm believer in giving it 100 percent. I don't mean 50 percent or 80 percent. I really mean giving what I do every last thing I have. Then if things don't work out, I'll be able to say I gave it my all.

That's just me though.

Everyone thanks for your comments and making this thread interesting!

God bless

William Veasley, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  10. anilkirad

anilkirad Peon

Best Answers:
    I am totally agree with you.
    we should work hard in present so that we can get better future in our life. our future depends on our present what we do or not.

anilkirad, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  11. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea work your ass of and then you will end up dead because of your health. In the end you don't get to enjoy your money. Yea Mr. "I agree with you" noob.

Sleeping is part of your life to recharge your body, I'm not telling you to sleep for 20 hours a day, yes that's a waste of time and stupid. But if you don't even take that necessary 7 hours a day then you are pretty much shortening your life. Is it worth it? Sure you can do it a few times here and there but if you do this every friggin day for 10 years, I wish you good luck.

I'm not here to bash anyone (this time) but the fact that your health is more important.

Project Mobius, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  12. rosn007

rosn007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Money is a necessary evil but health is a Must-Bitch. If your necessity is compelling you to destroy your sleeping hours, screw that stuff. What I still don't understand is that how come one stand active in front of system without enough rest (undergoing insomnia is different case though). One moment I remember myself working on my laptop and morning light is what reminds me the next moment when I find my laptop sleeping besides me. Damn, I often sleep with my laptop :p. Tried really hard but can't work without taking a nap.

rosn007, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  13. William Veasley

William Veasley Peon

Best Answers:
    I never said I was going to be working at the level I am for the next 10 years. At the level I'm working I hope to have the things I want in a couple of years. Well I don't hope, I'm just simply going to make it happen. If I work twice as hard I will get to my goals twice as fast.

Then as soon as I get there I'll be able to take a day off. Everyone seems to think I'm going to be doing this for many years, but that is not my goal. I am 18 now and I want to be finically stable by the time I turn 21.

There is no need to call another person a "noob" when they are just expressing their opinions let's not start drama now.

God bless

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
    William Veasley, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  14. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    you do realized i was quoting anilkirad's response and not yours? And what's wrong with calling people a noob? He is a noob and he talks like one

15. homeworker11

homeworker11 Banned

Best Answers:
    First health, then wealth :)

And you gotta get a good sleep everyday to maintain a sound health.
    I myself work my ass off, online & offline. But never compromise my sleep over it LOL.

homeworker11, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  16. William Veasley

William Veasley Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope I didn't know that lol, well my mistake. Anilkirads response isn't well put together at all, looks like someone needs some more sleep haha.

Naw but, if someone called you a noob you know you would be ready to start a argument would you not?

God bless

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
    William Veasley, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  17. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure and I'm always ready for an argument, true noobs don't talk back in DP

18. William Veasley

William Veasley Peon

Best Answers:
    You might have a point there dude. Guess my signature means nothing ( ;