1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP! Wordpress redirecr problem

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by shadow007, Dec 4, 2010.

Hi

I am new to using wordpress and have made a huge mistake and really need some help.
    Basically I was looking at changing the site name and in the setting panel changed the existing wordpress URL and blog address URL to a different address.

This resulted in me not getting access to the login area and I have looked at numerous tutorials on changing entries in the wp_options table in phpmyadmin.

However when I come to click into the login area I am constantly redirected to this new URL I entered. I have looked all over and cannot see how it is still remembering this URL as I have removed it.

Please if anyone could help with this matter I would be very grateful.

Thanks

shadow007, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  2. craiger22

craiger22 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Search in phpmyadmin for the url it is redirecting to and change any entries that appear. I dont know of anything else that could be causing it, unless there is something in the htaccess file

craiger22, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  3. steers82

steers82 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is in your wp_options table in your database. There are two URLs you need to change, the site URL and the blog URL.

You don't need to do a search and replace, you can just go to that table and change it manually.

steers82, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  4. shadow007

shadow007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

I have changed the two URLs in the database but it still seems to remember the previous URL that was incorrect.

I cannot find where this value is still located. Could this be some cache problem?

Thanks

shadow007, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  5. craiger22

craiger22 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you using any cache plugins? I wouldn't think it would be related, but if you are you could rename or delete the plugin via ftp to deactivate it and give it a go then.

craiger22, Dec 5, 2010 IP