1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to bring testimonials? Offering Less Price Will Work?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ebrham, Nov 18, 2010.

Hey guys,

I'm planning to work on a complete online publishing and distribution of news/press release - service. Can anybody advice me how to get good testimonials to show the effectiveness of the service? I'm thinking about offering the service to a few guys with lower prices. Do you think that it will work?

Thanks.

ebrham, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  2. huseinbandi

huseinbandi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but.. it will be cheating.. if you want to get a good testimonial you have to bring a many customer, i think :)
    how bout you?

huseinbandi, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  3. swasts

swasts Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes....it will be cheating.....if your company services or products are good....I'm sure....buyers will give you positive review...

swasts, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  4. EdgeStormMarketing

EdgeStormMarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To me it only constitute as cheating if you give bad service in return for an agreement to get a positive testimonial from the customers.

If you offer good services at low introductory prices and your customers give you positive reviews, that would be valid and not unethical to me.

EdgeStormMarketing, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  5. EdgeStormMarketing

EdgeStormMarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We also need to understand that as newcomers, even if they have outstanding products and offer good services, it can be quite difficult to gain the trust and credibility for people to buy. If you're a designer, your portfolio should speaks for itself. Even then, there are cases of cheating (where the designer takes other designer's work and portray it in their portfolio) So it's not easy to get the trust unless the customer and provider embarked on a real-time project.

EdgeStormMarketing, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  6. JGold

JGold Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi ebrham, I think offering your services for a lower price in exchange for testimonials is better, than offering it for free in exchange of testimonials. Imho, I think it's ethical because the customers are still paying for it. What's unethical is if you demand for them to give you a positive testimonial just because you let them try the service for a low price. Just ask for honest testimonials, and if your service is good, positive testimonials will be easy to come by.

You initial customers can be your test group of sorts. Ask them for feedback about what could be improved. That way you can test, tweak and improve your service before you launch it for full price. You may want to consider letting your initial customers get "grandfathered" in at the discounted rate or offer them a special price as appreciation for their help.

JGold, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  7. ebrham

ebrham Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,

Its true, JGold and EdgeStormMarketing

and other guys who replied, there is nothing that can be considered as cheating. Its not because the product is with less quality but its just because I'm new in providing this. So to get more customers I need some testimonials. But I cannot afford offering it completely for free as well. Thats why trying to get it for a lower price.

ebrham, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  8. awesometbn

awesometbn Peon

Best Answers:
    Lowering the price is okay. But what you need to do is incorporate a routine process of collecting feedback and customer responses during the sale and after the sale. That is how you get testimonials, you give the customer an easy method of telling you their complaints or praises. Could be as simple as another page on your invoice, like a questionnaire or online form submission, or using a mailing service like Constant Contact or aweber.

awesometbn, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  9. David08

David08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you want to good testimonial then your work should be Best than others...then you can get good and valuable testimonial.

David08, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  10. itsallwhite

itsallwhite Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you offer a free trial for example and let them use/try the product/service in return for an honest review. You can't make them give you a good review, but most people are nice.

itsallwhite, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  11. GabrielBianconi

GabrielBianconi Peon

Best Answers:
    To get testimonials, get satisfied customers and ask them to write. Maybe give them a discount.

GabrielBianconi, Dec 3, 2010 IP