1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Remove date/Author Info From Default Wordpress Theme

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sultanofseo, Dec 2, 2010.

I need a realy simple website looking theme for a new test project and was thinking of doing a little modificaiton on the default wordpress theme (Twenty Ten 1.1). If I can remove the date/author info from individual posts and add a custom header image, I can probably get by.

If anyone can help me with the info as to how I can remove the date/author info from the individual posts, that will be great.

Also, if anyone knows of a wp theme that is free and looks more like a plain 2 column website, please let me know as well.

Thanks

sultanofseo, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  2. s_ruben

s_ruben Active Member

Best Answers:
    Open the single.php file from the theme directory and delete the lines 25,26 and 27:

<div class="entry-meta">
        <?php twentyten_posted_on(); ?>
    </div><!-- .entry-meta -->

Code (markup):

s_ruben, Dec 3, 2010 IP
    sultanofseo likes this.
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thanks sb. i found a new theme that i like better and it was lot easier to find the date/author reference on the index file. rep given

sultanofseo, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  4. bulldreck

bulldreck Peon

Best Answers:
    could you point to it? i'm looking for something similar (and used to live by Yonge and Finch, is that a plus? :))

bulldreck, Dec 30, 2010 IP