1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content at bottom of the site useful or not?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Hyder Ali, Dec 2, 2010.

Hi,

If we write content at the bottom of the page does it do any good or harm to the site?

Its an ecommerce site & we display products on the page & there is no space left for content so we've added it in the bottom.

Reply. Thanks.

Hyder Ali, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  2. Hyder Ali

Hyder Ali Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, there is no one in this forum to answer.

3. pankajdeoria

pankajdeoria Banned

Best Answers:
    It will be good for SEO because Google likes every single piece of information but original. So, Add it..

pankajdeoria, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  4. Tessa_86

Tessa_86 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, placing the content at the bottom would not meet the keyword prominence. Keyword prominence denotes how close to start of an area of the page that a keyword appears. It will have a good impact in your rankings.

Tessa_86, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  5. Hyder Ali

Hyder Ali Peon

Best Answers:
    What I know is that Google like on the page of the main product not in the bottom of the page after your terms & conditions. How can you say it can be good?

6. Hyder Ali

Hyder Ali Peon

Best Answers:
    @Tessa_86

Do you think google will not consider it high valuable & may not rank it either? I've no other option to add it at the bottom. The products are on the page I tried to add content but it look shabby & it may reflect bad impression on my users.

7. Willy921

Willy921 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hyder,

In my opinion, you're doing the right thing. With e-commerce you must balance usability with SEO which often means placing content towards the bottom of the page. With that said, make sure that you're doing your to use techniques that will emphasize products like unique product descriptions, descriptive Alt text, appropriate heading tags and the like. Furthermore, if your pages use sidebars consider adding content there too.

Tessa_86 is not wrong, but don't sacrifice existing users for the hope of getting new ones by making your site look shabby.

Willy921, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  8. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rather than sticking the info in the footer (which does a bit of good but does not - I believe - carry as much weight as the content section) would it be better to keep the info in the main content section and use a background picture/shading to separate it visually from the rest of the content?

jj1, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  9. theentry

theentry Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with this post. If that's the main content you want to rank for the you need to put it in a higher position

theentry, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  10. Tessa_86

Tessa_86 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Hyder, you should satisfy both your users and search engines. Placing content at the bottom is not a problem. But, make sure you have placed your kw's in title, header tags and hyperlinks.

Tessa_86, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  11. seoaccount

seoaccount Peon

Best Answers:
    Google always consider quality content. So, if you give some good sort of information in content, Google will surely consider it and there is no bad effect of it.

seoaccount, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  12. jskseo

jskseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel it will definitely be useful to write the content at the bottom of the page. Since the site layout has restricted you from having content written close to the start of the page, this option can be utilized.

jskseo, Dec 13, 2010 IP