1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Business with little startup costs?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mezner, Nov 12, 2010.

1. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can't start with little startup costs.

You can start a blog with zero investment. and monetize it with adsense etc. But will take you a few months to a few bucks a day.

Forums business is really tough. You will have to work really hard to build up a community.

Best I can suggest is start promoting CPA offers. They pay real good and most off all you don't need any technical skills and stuff to promote such offers.

newbie191, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  2. verdecove

verdecove Member

Best Answers:
    You do not still believe in this "get rich over night with the internet" crap, are you??? No matter what you will decide for, dropshipping, affiliate site or what else has been suggested above, it will take you a fair amount of time for you to see a little bit of success at least, not even to talk about big bucks. In an era where meanwhile each elementary school kid can set up it's own blogspot or wp blog within a couple hours, the competition has become so huge, that a quick money making on the internet is a subject of the past. Unless you really can come up with an unique and genius idea or an own product the world needs and has waited for.
    Good Luck
    verdecove

verdecove, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  3. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    No I don't believe in that "get rich" over the internet stuff. I'm trying to say that not all blogs will make money. You have to be blogging about something that others are interested in, and it takes plenty of time. If you are in a small, unpopular niche then it may be hard to find people to buy ad space. If I were to blog though, it would probably be about college stuff, so I see some potential. At the same time it is a very competitive niche and my site, no matter how much content, may never get to the good ranks.

mezner, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  4. bryllescot

bryllescot Peon

Best Answers:
    Business with little startup costs?

I want to start an online business really bad. I thought of many things, but I honestly can't think of something that 'fits' me.

Thing's I've thought about...
    wholesale distribution
    auction site
    blog
    forum/community

so, you're looking for a low cost business? there are several business opportunities that can fit with your interest and skills. if you know about wholesale distribution - you can go for product selling; since you're passionate with blogging - you can opt for article marketing; you can also try niche marketing.

bryllescot, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  5. tech4

tech4 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Auction site actually requires alot of investments, like time, and advertising dollars. - so I think its out of the picture
    Blog forum -same thing -requires advertisement to move forward, and constantly updating
    Wholesale -same thing advertisement else no one knows who you are.

To be effective at wholesale, you have to buy alot and knows your in and out. (most of us don't, I don't).

I think you might be interested in buying and selling sites which have incomes already made.
    I think that's the easiest way to go, learn what makes money, what not. Don't try to start on your own. Many of us have failed.
    And wasted alot.

Being original is nice, has its benefits. But the problem is, out of millions of ideas, you're probably not unique. Many people find out that the hard way, after wasting so much time and money.

Point. Don't try to be original, if you lack time, and experience, go for the established model. Try to buy sites that make money, that way, save you a lot of headache.

tech4, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  6. tech4

tech4 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alot of people are not meant to be on the web.
    Basically, if you don't have a passion for technology, you are wasting your time.

I found that I have a passion for technology, even though I am wasting my time, I am happy at it...
    Do you have a passion for technology? online technology? if so, you're in the right market. If not, better move on.

tech4, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  7. netjosh

netjosh Peon

Best Answers:
    It's normal man. It takes hardwork to be successful. Be patient to what your doing. If you decided to start a business that seems to unsuccessful at the start, it's fine. Just keep on keeping on. :)

netjosh, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  8. rick96718

rick96718 Peon

Best Answers:
    Lots of possibilities, but you need to have persistence.

About 95% of the people that try onlne marketing or affiliate marketing will fail.

Why? Well, nearly half of them will buy a product or course, and never even finish reading it before they are looking for the next shiny button. These kinds of people are the ones that spend thousands of dollars before they get discouraged and go away. They are also likely to be on the "paying" end of life for a long time.

Of the ones that actually read what they buy, perhaps half actually began a serious implementation of the techniques involved. Some will fail at this point because the program may be incomplete or no longer applicable, but far more will fail just because they give up. They usually give up because they have expectations of a quick and easy income (and this is typically the fault of the advertisers... far too many offer instant cash for no effort, and when it doesn't happen, people are disappointed.)

The 5% that do become successful can do very well, but only if they are persistent.
    A typical online marketing or affiliate marketing plan will cost about $30 per month for hosting and autoresponder fees, plus about a hundred hours of work spread over about six weeks to become profitable. If you can't spend the daily time, then it does take longer (and probably more personal hours of effort) before you achieve that all-important "critical mass".

I personally believe in telling it like it is, and providing products that rely on proven techniques that work today and will continue to work into the future. This means I stay away from loopholes and "flying under the radar" and "black hat" techniques, because these all lead to dead ends, sooner or later.

You can get a decent program for under a hundred dollars, and for a total outlay of under two hundred dollars (program plus 3 months hosting and autoresponder) you can begin building a business that can provide consistent long term income. There just aren't many other places you can do that...

rick96718, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  9. YourProfessional

YourProfessional Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're looking for an offline alternative and have some experience in real estate... then why not try your hand at commercial mortgage brokering? I hear it's a profitable industry. I found this site while looking for more information. My friend just started delving into the depths of commercial mortgage brokering and she's making a killing.

http://www.brokercommercialloans.com/ =) All you would need to do is essentially find the customers and match them up to loans.

YourProfessional, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  10. AmandaM1

AmandaM1 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're still looking drop me a line. I can get you set up for $5, quick return and long term growth as well.

Amanda

AmandaM1, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  11. tech4

tech4 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Niche is generally a bad idea.

Its because no one knows it, or use it. You must do it really well and fast, else if you succeed by a bit someone will imitate you. That's 100% for sure, if it works.

-Problem with niche -if it works, it doesn't mean success, on the net, its about holding territory. How long can you hold your position?

I advise against niche for new players. For veterans maybe, but new guys, BAD idea.

tech4, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  12. webbmaster

webbmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK, if you have a little computer skill, you can make an Android app, and sell for profit. Here are some good reasons why it works. Most Android projects are small enough for one person operation. Android app market is very new. A lot of unexploited niches are still available for grabs. Learning curves is shallow. Tools are free. Trainings and resources are free.

webbmaster, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  13. GX8

GX8 Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogs on a high paying keyword/niche can earn well with affiliate promotions, my media company uses writers, and re re-invest around 30% of the profits in good quality content to make sure readers come back for more, thus generating more income, its hard work at the start but as you build up more sites and resources it can be very profitable.

GX8, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  14. Albert L.

Albert L. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can publish press releases to promote your business and services, in my opinion this is best idea.

Albert L., Dec 1, 2010 IP
  15. octavyo

octavyo Peon

Best Answers:
    i think the easiest and cheapest way to get a business up and running is to select a niche, find some keywords on it and then build a site for that keywords. The only fees here will be the domain registration ($4.95 in the first year if you order through 1and1) and then $4.95/month for hosting.

octavyo, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  16. tech4

tech4 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I advise highly against using adsense as a model of business, hoping to make a few bucks. In a year, you might mot even make that $5 in adsense to pay back registration, nevermind hosting for $4.95/month. And the cost of programming etc.,

Go for a real business model, the one that you know of, the web is not for everyone. Only 1-2% on the web actually make money, they own 99% of the webspace profit, while everyone else loses money.

tech4, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  17. emforce

emforce Member

Best Answers:
    If you are tech savvy then find a niche that you could write articles on and they would still be relevant in say 5 years time, then just link build and get more and more traffic to these articles. Then once you get like 1000 uniques a day, just pap on some cpm or cpc ads and your sorted! You could also try and create some facebook games and try and make money from that? I haven't tried it but apparently there is money to be made! :D

emforce, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  18. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is actually one of the best and with a good niche, you'll get a decent ROI.

manofwar, Dec 1, 2010 IP
    sawz likes this.
  19. cini2011

cini2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    Low cost business ideas do not get much better than starting your own web business. Simply; they are low to start up, low to maintain and offer great earning potential.

In addition to financial rewards, having your own successful online business can improve quality of life in a variety of ways; freedom from geographical location or time rotas as enforcers of how you earn a living, spending more time with family, friends or travelling to name but a few.

As with most things that offer beneficial returns, starting up a successful online business is a skill that has to be learnt.

Part of why so many people fail to make (good) money online is because they do not take the time to learn the necessary skills, or understand the process of making money online and having a successful web business.

The good news is that once these skills are learnt and the process is understood, creating and maintaining a successful online business can be likened to riding a bike or learning to drive; one you know how, you can repeat the process time and time again, creating several web businesses and residual income that will last for years to come!

Low cost business ideas that offer anywhere near the advantages that having a web business does, often require a lot of hard (intense) work, unexpected overheads, involve a lot of running around and often a great deal of sacrifice in order to make it a primary income stream. As for passive, residual income, if any at all, it would take several years to reach that stage and almost always involve employing someone (who you must trust) to oversee and manage everything for you.

Now, I'm not here to take a swipe at off-line business', I myself have been involved in several over the years. What I am here to do rather is say "hey, I have been there and want to let you know that having your own online business is the way to go, even to go as far as saying it could be one of the best things you could do to improve the quality of your life.....AND it's great fun too!"

I also want to let you know that even as a new-comer, from a completely non-technical background, it is definitely possible to start up your own web business.

All you have to do is understand that a set of *skills must be learned first, and that there is a *process to understand. Then sit down by your computer, grab a coffee, a pen and some paper and take the time to learn these skills.

If I could break this down further, it's simply a question of what I like to call "E.U.I"......

*Educating yourself,
    *Understanding what you are learning
    *Implementing what you have just learned.

Low cost business ideas, do not come much better than this.

Aside from E.U.I, it is VITAL you find a person/mentor you can trust and the availability to have everything you need all in ONE PLACE for them to take you by the hand, step-by-step and show you first-hand how to create your first web business.

It really is as simple as that.

Once you take time to learn this set of skills (which does not take all that long), you then have the knowledge of how to create effectively on-line engines that will generate you income whether you are there to over see it or not!

Excited? You SHOULD be!

Low Cost Business ideas - *learn *how to create a *successful *on-line business that will generate you income for years to come.

Since moving to online, I am loving every minute of, and I have never looked back. Luckily for me I have found an AMAZING mentor and someone who I now consider a friend.

visit

ONLINEMONEYCASH.COM

for further information

cini2011, Jan 28, 2011 IP