1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sending email to multiple recipient (about 5.000)

Discussion in 'PHP' started by node/1, Dec 1, 2010.

Hello PHP people, I have gathared my clients email adress via input fields, all email adresses in mysql database so I would like to send email my clients time to time and let them know about special offers and discounts I heard that if I send the emails with my shared host server administar may will suspend my account because of spam issue

is there way to send the emails with php script and on shared host? I would appreciate if you could give me starting point doing this

node/1, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  2. techbongo

techbongo Active Member

Best Answers:
    In fact custom mailing campaign should be done with PHP scripts only. So, no tricks available to bypass spam-issue with PHP. Instead try dedicated servers or use professional newsletter/mailing campaign providers like MailChimp.

techbongo, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  3. node/1

node/1 Guest

Best Answers:
    I asked to hostgator if there is limit to send email multiple recipeints they said that I would send email 500 per hour in shared hosting however there is no limit in vps plans in hostgotor if I bought vps plan and write script with php which is sending email. does The emails guarantee to drop inbox?

node/1, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  4. cshwebdev

cshwebdev Active Member

Best Answers:
    They can't make a guarantee as to whether or not it'll get into the inbox, it depends on if their email provider has blacklisted the domain/subdomain that the mail is coming from, but I'd say there is a high chance that it'll make it in there.

cshwebdev, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  5. allan2010

allan2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey i am making a similar application which will use a server to send emails and you will also get reports about how many people opened the email and how many forwarded it.etc..if you wish i can sell the same to you..

allan2010, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  6. techbongo

techbongo Active Member

Best Answers:
    For sure, if you send 500 mails per hour, to a certain domain (say gmail.com) from a certain mail id, the recipient's mail provider will blacklist you within a day.
    If it's a signup confirmation/email verification mail (which are often sent as soon as you register on a site), some providers may consider. Because in such mails, the body of the email changes, based on user's input (choice of username, password and other details). But if the body of mail remains same (as in newsletters), you'll surely fail to trace-pass. IMO: PHP mail() function is the worst one to use in a Newsletter sending script. So it's always recommended to use Custom Solutions (which are possible on Dedicated Servers, with multiple IPs), or a Professional Mail-Campaign organizer.

techbongo, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  7. node/1

node/1 Guest

Best Answers:

let's assume I decided to work with professional mail company how they provide may upadated mail list? as I said my previous post the mail list is kept in mysql database and could increase data

I wonder how could handle forum system sending an email multiple time even they are used shared host

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
    node/1, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  8. underground-stockholm

underground-stockholm Guest

Best Answers:
    I've worked with email marketing before, and it's hard to deliver email to companies like Hotmail or Yahoo nowadays. If you want to set up a solution yourself, you should do stuff like check mail server's reverse DNS, that the HELO string is correct, and that you have SPF and DKIM in the DNS for the domain.

underground-stockholm, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  9. digiklan

digiklan Member

Best Answers:
    You can setup a cron job and send mails in time. You can send 5000 mails in 1-2 days. Every 1 hour , you can send 50 mail with smtp. And that would not be a problem for hostgator nor for hotmail or yahoo.

digiklan, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  10. w47w47

w47w47 Peon

Best Answers:
    get all emails from database... then put them in a loop and send them a mail?

w47w47, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  11. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    there are some hosted email campaign services available as well; may you could try them if your hosting is a concern for you.

webcosmo, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  12. Eager2Seo

Eager2Seo Member

Best Answers:
  13. Nahid

Nahid Peon

Best Answers:
    use phpmailer, google it

Nahid, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  14. homesure

homesure Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you want to avoid paid professional systems, I think this is the best thing to do. Use sleep(8) in your PHP script to throttle

homesure, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  15. at_yiersan

at_yiersan Peon

Best Answers:
    first put all the email id into the array ... using for loop send the email...use mail() function.

at_yiersan, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  16. avroraventures

avroraventures Member

Best Answers:
    Agree MailChimp is great, but you might have to reconfirm your list. You might lose up to 40% of you list in the process.

avroraventures, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  17. Siddharthr

Siddharthr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No arrays, no database, no VPS,
    I made a simple PHP script for this and am using this for past few months on my shared server.
    It works brilliant, i use cron, HTML mails can be sent, and i follow the Mail limit of 100 per hr in my host,
    however, i send only 30 to 60 per hr

It simply fetches emails from Notepad file and sends out one by one based on cron.
    let me know if i should help you in setting up the script :)

i cross checked, its 100% Inbox delivery with my Host so far. ( as they have IP without any Spam Issues )
    :)

Siddharthr, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  18. ghprod

ghprod Active Member

Best Answers:
    for shared hosting you can simply split all emails to some period, like 500 / hour :)

regards

ghprod, Dec 20, 2010 IP