1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Bump and Edit , can it be done please ?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by tansley, Nov 26, 2010.

Hi I want to start a thread that I am free to add/delete sections overtime and am keen to find out if this is an option. I did read Shawn's comment in August 2010 that said :-

But cant seem to find out if this now the case.

A long term editable sales thread would be perfect for my link sales business as Pageranks / Prices / Availability do change over time and I want to be able to give out current information to other DPers. I also hope to expand my portfolio of niches and need to be able to add them into this main ongoing thread rather than starting a similar thread offering these newer products.

I understand it may be difficult at your end but a comprehensive up-to-date long term sales thread that I can edit and bump once a week would be a great option to help me provide accurate details of all my current products and services all in one easy to find place. .

Cheers and thanks for reading this.

Tansley

tansley, Nov 26, 2010 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can already bump any thread you want with the "Bump" button (at the bottom of the first post). The edit portion still hasn't been done yet.

digitalpoint, Nov 26, 2010 IP
  3. tansley

tansley Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn ,

Cheers For your reply.. The bump is a great feature and I am already using it , it works well.. Its the other half of the deal ( the edit button ) that would put the icing on the cake and allow long term sales threads to be current and informative.

I know you guys are real busy but if you could develop this feature I am sure it would cut down on the numbers of threads and encourage serious DP traders to spend time managing/updating their sales thread and provide a better "more now" indication of their range of products and services..

Once again , thanks for taking the time to read this thread Shawn , I really appreciate Digitalpoint and the work you and your staff do.

Cheers.

tansley, Nov 26, 2010 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The underlying functionality is there, but it's a lot more complicated than just editing (for example preventing people from having an auction, people bidding on it, and then the seller changes the whole thing they are selling after the fact).

digitalpoint, Nov 26, 2010 IP
  5. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, you can leave snapshot of OP for the record and place the changes next to it
    to show what was changed so users can see if seller is trying to cheat them or
    maybe to have embedded link to old original post for users to compare.

Just my 2 cents

fastreplies

fastreplies, Nov 26, 2010 IP
  6. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Afaik, premium member's "bump" recharges every 7 days, whereas for regular members its once every 30 days.
    -S

~~~~, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  7. imkevintan

imkevintan Member

Best Answers:
    What if we've something new to add to our existing thread in BST section, or want to adjust our pricing?

There's no way to edit our old thread, and we're not allowed to open another new thread offering the same product/service...

I just received an infraction point by hitting the "Report Post" button. I was just trying to ask the mods to edit my thread. Well, that was a bad idea.

imkevintan, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  8. Ragu_007

Ragu_007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is Bumping? Any particular use for that?

Ragu_007, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  9. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In marketplace section if your thread goes down due to new threads coming up, you may want to use the "Bump" Button to put your thread on 1st page, 1st spot (Under STickies)
    -S

~~~~, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  10. Ragu_007

Ragu_007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can i able to use this feature as many times as i need?

Ragu_007, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  11. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For premium members the bump feature can be used once every 7 days
    for regular guys its once every 30 days
    -S

~~~~, Dec 2, 2010 IP