1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I believe im a victim of Information overload right now.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by sk8er431, Nov 30, 2010.

I feel like something's wrong with me. I think finally got attacked by so-called information overload, I can't clear my head and don't know where to start with anything. can someone clear my head by posting some advice.

sk8er431, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  2. giancarlo

giancarlo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Start with forex.com. Period.

giancarlo, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  3. marketingegp

marketingegp Peon

Best Answers:
    Take a break! If you're getting an information overload or overwhelmed by your work, take a break and re-energize. It will do wonders and you'll be amazed at what you can do once you're refreshed.

marketingegp, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  4. JA3

JA3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Write it down. It helps me to get the thoughts and plans out of my head and on to paper. Organize your "projects", write out steps and take ACTION. I've also unsubscribed from alot of people sending me more junk to fill up my hard drive.

JA3, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  5. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with JA3. You are going to get a lot of advice, some of it really poor advice like post #2 above. My recommendation is just to decide where to start and then make progress from there. This game isn't something that's going to work out for you overnight. Most people spend months on their sites before they ever see a dime from them. Just be patient, but you have to start somewhere!

PHPGator, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  6. Alexd10

Alexd10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    My advice would be to sit down and write down possible options on what you want to do, then pick your two favourites and concentrate on them and only them. Clear everything out of your head and just focus on the two things you have chosen.

Hope this helps

Alexd10, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  7. Buax

Buax Peon

Best Answers:
    Just make a plan of action and stick to it, the best way to get anything done really. Plan out steps to what you need to do for each project, then go ahead and do them. For example to set up a new website.
    1) Find a product/offer to promote
    2) Find releated keywords you can rank for
    3) Check for domains with the keywords in them
    4) Buy domain
    5) Configure / Buy hosting
    6) Install / Configure Wordpress
    And so on.

Buax, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  8. imkazu

imkazu Peon

Best Answers:
    go to the gym
    after that, pick 'one thing' and focus on it .. take action, and as hard as it may be, don't think about the rest of the stuff

imkazu, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  9. Revis

Revis Peon

Best Answers:
    Been there, done that. As most everyone else has said, pick ONE method and stick to it. Once you've determined that its a success or failure, move on. Eventually, you'll have a handful of successful methods going at once. It's just a matter of maintaining them from then on.

Revis, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  10. CalicoJack

CalicoJack Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Excellent advice! Too many new people jump from one thing to another and never see any success. There is always that bright shiny new object that begs you to take it for a ride. Don't do it! Stick to one thing and beat the daylights out of it until it bleeds money. If something is not working after awhile try changing your approach but don't jump around. That is the surest way to failure.

CalicoJack, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  11. steveeyes

steveeyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are two things I do.

1. Take a break

2. Look for something new. Usually I get stuck in a rut of doing the same thing over and over, day in and day out. After my break, I will look for something new or at least something I have not done in quite sometime to help get me going again.

steveeyes, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  12. sk8er431

sk8er431 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the advice, I think the best option is to concentrate in one or two projects instead of doing countless small and big things. what do you guys think?

sk8er431, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  13. The Night Fox

The Night Fox Peon

Best Answers:
    Just pick something and stick with it until you succeed. If you haven't thought about giving up at least 20 times, then you aren't making progress!

The Night Fox, Dec 1, 2010 IP