1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to optimize WordPress blogs: Good info for newbie

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mike_sun, Nov 29, 2010.

Hi,
    Dper's!
    Here is my suggestions for newbie to start doing off SEO with their first blog.
    First of all, get all in one SEO plugin and installed it to your blog. When ready, find below details that will be helpful.
    Mind you, All in one SEO is only and everything you need to do SEO on WordPress.
    The best way to optimize WordPress blog/site will be as below:
    All in one SEO would have consists of 3 options and am giving right trick to use it.
    1. Use a title tag, would preferably ask you to take 4 right keywords related to your domain.(you're requesting SE to let them know what keyword you'd be working on.)
    Better if the keywords are as similar as your URL structure.
    2. Description: It shouldn't be too long, 100-125 characters is enough and ignore using any keywords in description.
    3. Meta Keyword: Use Google Adwords program to track keywords with decent traffic plus low traffic(you can rank high easily with less dense keywords) and use like a 12-15 keywords in your meta tag keywords. Always disallow using a single word for more than 4-5 times while defining meta tag keywords.
    Like, "game" in a keyword online free game, would be known as one word. So better off, ignore it.
    4. You're done with the SEO, now.
    Plus, you can generate those meta tag keywords into large number of categories, related and unrelated both, it helps you getting more index pages and choices when you will be publish relevant or even non-relevant content on your blog/site. It won't harm your sites, anyways if you're using good number of categories.
    Plus+, Try to use tags, as many as possible but while publishing a post, try to use maximum of 1-5 of these tags, so they will be well organized with the sitemap. If Google comes to crawl your website, they would easily identify what are the things are commonly refer to and it will help you getting more choice to rank high for a good traffic keywords.
    Remember, more the pages on your blog/sites, more the chances to improve your SERP and PageRank.
    PM me if you've any question, I would like to help you.

mike_sun, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  2. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nice resource, i've written a simmilar article about seo for blogs

thedark, Nov 30, 2010 IP
    mike_sun likes this.
  3. Seo Joy

Seo Joy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice information.

Seo Joy, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  4. sanducen

sanducen Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks you for sharing these nice tips.

sanducen, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  5. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice information and I am sure they would be helpful for newbies surely.

Serious Workers, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  6. aira

aira Active Member

Best Answers:
    Those may be the basics of doing site's on-page optimizations, but still helpful for the novice in SEO. Those can also be used in blogger blogs.

aira, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  7. mike_sun

mike_sun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    The dark and Serious Workers!
    It's my pleasure that you like it. I hope it will help to many newbies to improve their goals in SEO. By following the same tricks I have noticed a great success at my end, wishing everyone all the good luck.
    Rep added to both of you.

mike_sun, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  8. lexorcanada

lexorcanada Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Nice advices you can install tags plugin which is make the tags automatically.
    Sam

lexorcanada, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  9. rustij64

rustij64 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips - I'm actually just getting started in building my website and an e-book on my professional experience as an interior/exterior house painter. I hope to gain a lot of tips from this forum.

Thanks again!
    James.

rustij64, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  10. flanagan

flanagan Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Great information . keep it up

flanagan, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  11. dragtastic

dragtastic Member

Best Answers:
    good info!

however do you think all in one seo is better than headspace? I have been using headspace and have found my blog on the first page of google for various keywords.

dragtastic, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  12. Sumit Sharma

Sumit Sharma Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for sharing information.

Sumit Sharma, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  13. mike_sun

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for your valuable posts.
    @dragtastic: Well, maximum peoples prefer All in one SEO, I really came to know first time someone who prefer headspace. It's depend on from where we get results no matter whatever we do for SEO.

mike_sun, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  14. bizhobby

bizhobby Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question... What if I want to have more control on the description meta tag per page/post?

Does All in one SEO allow to overwrite those per page?

Specifically if I have a niche blog I'd like each page to have it's own custom description, as the pages are the main source of income, and the posts are just to keep the content fresh and unique.

bizhobby, Dec 2, 2010 IP
    mike_sun likes this.
  15. mike_sun

Best Answers:
    Well, I am sorry but I wouldn't be able to control over-all SEO on a WordPress blog, so gone with only major stuffs.
    Yes, One can have more control on the description meta tag per page/post. At every page/posts you will see below all in one seo bar, where you can add a particular title and custom description for each and every pages and yes this is one of the good idea when it comes to on-page.
    For niche blog, just say, Insurance, so you can add as pages home insurance, auto insurance, etc, and you can simply write down a title and description for that particular page. It will simply tells to Google that what each pages are about with description and use of title can help you rank high when you develop backlinks for the very same keyword(title).
    Mind you, title plays massive key role with backlinks for a good and establish SERP's.
    Good post and thanks for asking question. rep added for you.

mike_sun, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  16. 706design

706design Guest

Best Answers:
    I feel like Yoast WordPress SEO does a bit better job at optimizing your site. Besides giving you the option to add META Titles and Descriptions (No META Keyword functionality since most major search engines do not use the tag), you also get options to set index rules and follow/no follow link rules for a page. This is great for WordPress archives so that you do not have duplicate content. Yoast also provides sitemap generation and submission as well as Breadcrumb functionality.

If you really want to optimize your site, I would suggest looking into W3 Total Cache which can help you speed up your site and reduce file sizes significantly. This is especially necessary since Google announced it would add site speed to the ranking algorithm. Read more at 706design.net/speed-up-your-wordpress-site

706design, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  17. ruzler

ruzler Banned

Best Answers:
    What SEO plugins could you advice?

ruzler, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  18. Enursa

Enursa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Keyword, keyword, and keyword. The main factor in SEO

Enursa, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  19. joybrown

joybrown Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the nice tips..

joybrown, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  20. medx

medx Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information, I will try it out on a new word pres blog I just started.

medx, Dec 3, 2010 IP