1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

And.......Evolution is going to drowning fast again. Lol, science is becoming a joke

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Laceygirl, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Law-Dude

Law-Dude Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are good arguments supporting the theory of evolution, but I don't see dog breeding as one of them as it is not an example of one animal family evolving from another, but rather many different variations of the same species.

Dogs, despite their different qualities brought on by differentiating how they are bred, can still successfully mate with each other as they are genetically similar enough to do so.

Humans and monkeys, on the other hand, cannot mate with each other.

Incidentally, the scientist who discovered that is bound by court order not to come within five hundred feet of any zoo or circus.

Law-Dude, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  2. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you leave a mixed population of Saint Bernards or Great Danes along with Chihuahuas they will end up not mating in a cross-wise but only big ones with big ones and small ones with small ones. And that's one of the ways species split. Actually, I would like to see if S.Bernards actually CAN mate with Chihuahuas without help (artificial insemination).

cientificoloco, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  3. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    As idiotic as you sound you are almost right about one thing, the accuracy of carbon dating drops off after about 4,000 years. Thing is, if you actually did some research before spouting off you'd know that scientists use radiometric dating to date dinosaurs.

Anyways, what exactly are you trying to say then, dinosaurs were around 2,000 years ago? How about some proof.

Roman, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  4. supernal

supernal Member

Best Answers:
    Science as a process is awesome. We either go out and try to prove stuff, and prove it or don't, and or make something awesome with it. Science as a belief system, look around and you will see that a fair percentage of people DO use it as a belief system for some reason, is as flawed as any other incomplete, blind, arrogant, and close-minded system.

supernal, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    That's just an issue of time. Over a longer time, dog genes will spread just far enough that they cannot breed. Can dogs and foxes breed? Can dogs and jackals breed?

The larger and more difficult point is that "dog" is just a term. It's entirely nominal. If the definition of "dog" is "something that can breed with a dog", can we then judge evolution by saying that only dogs can breed with dogs?

Not naturally, but we could splice some genes together...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
    Will.Spencer, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  6. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    How long does it take for bone to stone?

Breeze Wood, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Permineralization can occur in less than a hundred years under ideal conditions. It's not often used as a primary dating source.

Will.Spencer, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  8. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I must remove one thing that this thread indicates. Science is not becoming a joke. It is our capability to understand science that is becoming a joke. If i am unable to open a lock then its my fault that i am not able to find the correct key and not the key that is not getting found. We put efforts to get medicines for uncurable disaeases. Why. Probably because there is a way in science and we have not got hold of it. Anyways science is not even 1% exposed so its our quest to find every answer.

Remember, everything is logical, even god. :)

laxman363, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  9. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    Science is not a joke but has been capable of joking and should be taken with a grain of salt like everything else. The fake craniums by Anthropologist in past decades as an example.

Breeze Wood, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  10. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    And religion is to be taken seriously? Seriously, how many fake gods are there? Please keep in mind that the monkey god who burnt SriLanka with his ass on fire to me is the closest thing to a real god as I can relate, I love spicy food.

Roman, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  11. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope. 5,000-20,00 years is optimal. C14 dating becomes ineffective for 40,000 years or more (since all C14 whose half-life is 5,700 years has decayed).
    Carbon dating is irrelevant for the case of dinosaur fossil dating. Laceygirl has an understanding of science in general and the topic of this thread in particular which is more or less at the level of an average burger flipper.

ChaosTrivia, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  12. setset

setset Peon

Best Answers:
    The difference in dogs can be related to the difference in human races.

Humans ARE monkeys. Just because humans evolve from monkeys doesn't mean we stop being monkeys. If one of your parents is Irish and the other, Korean, that doesn't mean you stop being Korean.

This is the same reason why whales are still mammals and snakes are still reptiles.

@lacygirl, That wasn't an insult and your response only shows that you have ran out of ammo to support your case. If you wish to end our debate and yield, that is your prerogative.

Want to learn about dogs?
    [video=youtube;bJ-DawQKPr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ-DawQKPr8[/video]

setset, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  13. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    That video was good at the beginning, quite good at the end, and sucked in the middle. Anyone who watches it... don't give up in the middle. :)

Will.Spencer, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  14. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And all of this time I thought they just ask the fossils how old they are. More tough man internet insulting surprise, surprise. Well, I guess we can't blame you for that considering where you are coming from.

Laceygirl, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  15. 24788

24788 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't trust scientists. If you look at the funding of many groups you can understand that at times the truth may be slanted. Why is that? If you care to know. $$$ brings the corruption. I have noticed that many so called scientists in the health and fitness field alone are corrupt.

Religion, science, and etc are theories. I don't believe god did everything and I don't believe science did everything. I think they work side by side.

I know I'll get flamed for that last part, but honestly if you can't prove it then you don't know it. You can't prove something and say you proved it by looking at other evidence. Humans are so flawed that when people think that way they show how flawed we really are.

24788, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  16. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    So you're saying god screwed up?

Roman, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  17. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry. After all, since you haven't read a single textbook at the introductory level in any relevant field of science, you know and I know that your understanding in science is at the level of an average burger flipper. This thread serves as proof.
    So no need to be insulted from the obvious.
    Your life wouldn't have been the same without the science that u're fighting against, including the makeup.
    Next time, instead of writing tons of bullshit, raise questions and look for answers. Some people here did read a basic science textbook and understand what science actually is.

ChaosTrivia, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  18. Law-Dude

Law-Dude Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe good science excludes ad hominems in its debates.

Law-Dude, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  19. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    But science is sooo... hard and belief is sooooo... easy. :p

Will.Spencer, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  20. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Blah, blah, go get all offended and mouth off to your own kind.

Laceygirl, Dec 2, 2010 IP