1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

And.......Evolution is going to drowning fast again. Lol, science is becoming a joke

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Laceygirl, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    /Hands Lacy Girl a tissue and a box of popcorn.

Relax. Enjoy the show. Life is short.

Obamanation, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  2. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, and now the debate will shift to the existence of an afterlife

cientificoloco, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  3. FavouritesBlog

FavouritesBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Considering religion was created to control society. Yeah religion is a load of shit and i cannot see how people can believe in it ( IMO ) however, scientists do not make shit up. Go and research before accusing well known professors who have spent 40+ years researching something you know near nothing about.

FavouritesBlog, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  4. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A) Who the Hell Are you? ahaha.
    B) Religion was created to control society?
    It this a science theory. Proof please......didn't think so.
    C) Scientists do not make stuff up?
    Really? In 1940 scientists said that Alchohol and cigarettes are healthy for you or do you Zealand guys still believe its good for you?
    Here's another
    http://tcktcktck.org/stories/climat...o-lied-about-tobacco-lie-about-global-warming
    D) Maybe you should go an research before you piss me off. It there any point trying to straighten you out. With such a horrible rep like yours its no doubt the reason you say such A-hole things are from bad parenting.

Laceygirl, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  5. setset

setset Peon

Best Answers:
    You may be a wilfully, ignorant, hypocrite, but you knew exactly what you were doing when you started this thread.

After enjoying my holiday break, I see you've done a great job making friends and making yourself look better. /sarcasm.

You try to hide your intentions. I'm not going to dig up where we last left off but I will say this. You and Solar are similar. You hide your motives because you are afraid of science. You are an ungrateful, spoiled brat that enjoys all the luxuries of science while spitting at it.

So far you have stated

1. "the distance of stars cannot be measured." I proved you wrong. You moved the goalpost.
    2. You say people here are obsessed with fighting a "holy war" and yet I could dig up a few quote where you've mocked and insulted athiests. You didn't start it but you're fuelling it.
    3. You claim that you did not want to derail this thread yet you've provided links to global warming, the ozone layer, and big pharm. Hypocrite.
    4. When ChaosTrivia posts a plot graph showing lifespan relative to date, instead of yielding gracefully, you dare HIM to define "healthier". Another logical fallacy of moving the goalpost.
    5. dangers of vaccinations(HPV, H1N1) has NOTHING to do with this topic unless you want to change the rules as you go along.

I'm still waiting for you, Solar. You little punk. On page 3/4(?) I took you on your offer but you bitched out like the little butt fucking paedophile priest you are. If you ever want to debate me, I'll be happy to verbally dissect you just like I did your friend OP here. This girl's claiming how evolution, wait... how SCIENCE has so many holes in it. It's just a "joke" she says, while she enjoys her high speed Internet access, her computer, cell/smart phone, electricity, and other technological advancements made in the name of science. An ungrateful, spoiled, hypocrite. Just like you, Solar. Follow this thread and you will see how many holes this girl has in her argument.

Let the hard working scientists work to gain knowledge and improve your standard of living while you just get on your knees, and pray. Maybe they'll invent a machine that will pray for you so you'll have more time to mock them.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
    setset, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  6. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    @seset , I just placed you on my ignore list, I frankly don't have time for children anymore.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
    IsraeI, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  7. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    well... if everyone says.... maybe its time for you to stop for a while and reflect on why is it. ;)

ChaosTrivia, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  8. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Laceygirl - you bring up fair arguments and it's fun to read your posts. You don't seem to be stupid like a few others but to denounce evolution shows you're missing a bit (I don't mean brain, I mean information).

If you look for holes in anything you will find them but the logicality (if that's a word) of evolution is easy to see everywhere in nature. Look how close the faces of many animals are like each other alone. You can nearly follow strains such as the platypus and the water-mole thingy I saw the other day on a David Attenborough documentry (Life).

How many animals have the same hair and how similar so many of them are, and slight differences depending which country they're in.

With other creatures you see can how close they are to other animals, a mouse face looks like a wallaroos face and is even similar to a dogs face. The sheep, goat, alpaca, camel & kangaroo, their faces are all similar too. Once I started actually paying attention to nature itself, that proved Darwin's theory to me.

Evolution is everywhere if you look for it you will find signs of it everywhere too. The theory (fact in my book) is used to create more creatures every day (plants mainly). So, to argue against evolution is arguing against the most logical thing, something that there's much proof of and something you can experiment with. Maybe you should research Darwin a little more or get into gardening to see the process in full? I think until you can fully understand evolution the rest of your worldly logic can't fall in to place properly.

Now whether 3/4 of the fad diet formulas out there is real science or not, that's a different question and much of that science would be bunkum. I'm not sure on Global warming either, there's a good argument on both sides and someone's about to make a shitload of cash out of this. But, what if they're right, and that's a big risk to take...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
    Bushranger, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  9. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its not as thrilling to see how personal you've become.
    No, you are just a big science fan who gets offended when someone does agree with some of thing moves made by science and now you feel obligated to resort to mindless insulting. If you met me and these solar muslim you'd feel like a total moron for saying that.
    In defense you talk about technology science in which I already mentioned several times. You point your finger but don't read what I have wrote before. Possibly you have a little grudge against me or maybe you've made the mistake of getting too much health care out there and are braindead. Its a mystery to me and I'm having a difficult time caring.

Good call Bushranger:
    I never would debate on the full spectrum of evolution. I am only basing on evolution relating to dinosaurs.
    The time from where they are from and the evolution path was was told about them. Good solid post though.

After watching you and your friends here it does appear you got your head on straight but looking at the whole picture anyone with their head on straight can easily notice the big picture taking a quick glance at your reputation for how many posts. Your a real popular one at DP.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
    Laceygirl, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  10. Cyrus255

Cyrus255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On some points I disagree but you have to admit she's right on this one:

That's one theory I ascribe to. I mean seriously,I like how they each have a 251 million as if 250 million is wrong, or 65.5 million instead of just 65 million. As if they really precisely know where each "era" stopped and the other began. Humans love being pretentious. Scientists especially. To even PRETEND we know anything from more than a million years ago is a joke at best.

Cyrus255, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  11. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    And were all from Africa

IsraeI, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  12. Cyrus255

Cyrus255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That you basically assume religion is a global conspiracy created in separate continents at different times, thousands of years ago, that had no way of cross-communicating, is the definition of insanity. First, you lump ALL religions together. Second, you FORGET that religion usually UPSET the social order and caused governments to COLLAPSE. Governments have always hated religion and you are playing into their societal control game if you turn on it.

The first thing every genocidal republic (Weimar Republic, Soviet Republic, People's Republic of China) did was eliminate opposing religions. The "first they came for the jews" "then they came for me" is from a Christian pastor who eventually was sent to the death camps. Nazis and Communists both found that the BIGGEST obstacle to getting guy A to massacre guy B was religion. Whether it's Buddhism, Christianity, or Hinduism, religion typically plays a major role in making humanity decide to be peaceful. All of the people who tried to kill Hitler for example, were all Christians (and typically monarchists who didn't believe in democracy and waiting to "vote" Hitler out as the leftists and rightists did).

I know without religion, I'd of become quite a dark person. I had an atheist phase during which I founded a violent extremist group. It was only God that brought me back to peacefulness. Whether or not you want to admit it, your life only exists because the homer simpson masses HAVE some set of moral guidelines (given to them by religion, and that they believe will be enforced in the Afterlife) and so they don't rip out your throat.

Cyrus255, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  13. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    On a side note, pretty cool wildlife over there. Ball Pythons and what not.

Laceygirl, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  14. setset

setset Peon

Best Answers:
    Translation: No Mas

How personal have I become? You're easily thrilled.

And you're a big religious fan and a paranoid conspiracy theorist who can't form a coherent sentence. If I met god/allah/ flying spaghetti monster, I'd be filled with so much joy, I'd vomit bubbles. My point? Same as yours', none.

Pointing out your idiocy doesn't mean I have a grudge against you. If you were less defensive and more assertive with your claims, maybe you wouldn't have to resort to playing the victim card in order to make your case. People will call you out on your bullshit. Crazy world huh?

We got Solar, who doesn't even know what nuclear fission/fusion is and Lacey who is the butt of this thread. Too easy.

setset, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    That's funny, Muhammad always had time for children. Ba dum bump!

I am amazed how people can believe in dog breeding but not believe in evolution. It is a testimony to the power of cognitive dissonance.

You're completely failing to grasp what you're looking at. Those are arbitrary labels. The Paleozoic starts and ends whenever we define it's start and end. It's not as if nature has a stopwatch running. You've got your constants and variables confused.

Yes we are. It's called genetics, look it up. No one with an IQ above room temperature can study mitochondrial DNA and not accept evolution.

Will.Spencer, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  16. Law-Dude

Law-Dude Active Member

Best Answers:
    You argue against the social order viewpoint of religion and then:

Suddenly you talk about how it controls your behavior. If you're going to contradict yourself, kindly separate it by at least two posts to make it more of a sport.

Also, if it takes a religion telling you that being violent is a bad thing, you are obviously a moral weakling with no ability to develop good ethics on your own. That still doesn't establish the truthfulness of religion--it just means you can't behave properly unless no less than a deity commands you to. What was the point of your story other than to demonstrate that you have an unenviable moral compass?

The moral guidelines that the Christian religion has had (I'll assume that's yours for argument's take, but correct me if I am wrong) in the past have included executing adulterers, homosexuals, "witches," prisoners of war, etc. Not to mention you can apaprently be turned into a pillar of salt simply for turning around. Now, Christians will say that this is all in the Old Testament so it's not followed anymore, but that's not the point. In order to believe the New Testament, they must believe that the Old Testament was the truth, and therefore believe that all of these standing death warrants were completely moral.

To suggest that people are safer when there are witch hunts and people prying into their neighbors' sex lives at the behest of a deity looking for the next target for their rocks is laughable.

Law-Dude, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  17. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:

Shhhhhh, be careful, if you upset him/her/it, him/her/it may just wipe out the entire population of the Earth again.

Roman, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  18. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I just saw you heading through my profile and going to a bunch of topics I've created and are trying to start crap there.
    If you want a date you are going to have to try better than this. I'm from Canada where there's no such thing as a weaker sex.
    Ahh, so I get it now. Since your such a great fan of research you've been researching a few of my prior posts in other topics and know that I mentioned God before, so you feel the responsibility to mouth me off about every possible thing that you can because you have chosen an enemy that you think will be weak. Lets bring it out on the table. This is not about science. If there is one person who hates me the most its Stox, but even he has never looked for me elsewhere in the forum, but you have.

Speaking of crazy worlds:
    A few of you make outragous claims that I am a major outcast but in my local community I fit in fine and people say I am a very likable person. Actually I can't think of one person other than my nemesis Jessica("Everybody loves Jessica"). So when you say things like you have in the past about my reputation it makes me think to myself. Maybe your the damn outcast and are resorting to the internet for the inner strength of control over people.
    Now saying all of this I only request one thing from you. Don't follow me around Digitalpoint.

Laceygirl, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  19. setset

setset Peon

Best Answers:
    @ Lacy. Don't flatter yourself. Just because someone click on your username doesn't mean you're being stalked. Another sign of paranoia. By that logic, I am also stalking Denniss (cool guy btw), Solar and Will.Spencer.

"chosen an enemy"? Geez... More delusions. My only enemy is ignorance. Do you honestly believe you are my "enemy"?

I happen to have an adsense account. Just because I participated in another one of your failed thread doesn't mean I am following you. This isn't twitter. Your posts are becoming increasingly desperate. I don't think anyone here cares to know about you, your personal life, or this "Jessica". Seek help. Dump your dirty laundry somewhere else.

People pick and choose which parts of science they are willing to accept. It's normal to accept the story of Noah's Arc, but idea that humans are related to chimps is crazy. You have evidence? That's not enough.

setset, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  20. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, I suppose its just a major coincidence that you have a total of 7 posts in the adsense section in 11 months here and one of them just happened to be yesterday to mouth me off.
    In case you have not noticed I speak on evidence and you have been speaking on emotion.

Oooo, such an insult.
    "Boohoo, he said nobody cares about me, and to go away". What's next set. Are you going to do the "you have no friends" 12yr old phrase next.

Yeah, yeah, stop talking to me.

Laceygirl, Nov 29, 2010 IP