1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it posible to rank high without investing in SEO ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by lumpy, Nov 29, 2010.

Hey guys, just this simple question:

Considering the keywords I'm trying to develop have mid-rate competition, is it possible to rank high in search engine without doing any investment ? Like buying links, paid ads and so.

lumpy, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  2. jayrudalf

jayrudalf Peon

Best Answers:
    No it is not possible to get high ranking with out doing any investment in SEO. If you can do by yourself so you do not need to invest money in SEO but you need SEO for high ranking.

jayrudalf, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  3. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can get high ranking without investment but it might take too long to achieve this.

webdev007, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  4. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i am agree with you.

unna, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  5. marketingegp

marketingegp Peon

Best Answers:
    I suppose if your keywords are not competitive and none of the sites currently ranking for those keywords do any sort of SEO, then it could be possible to get decent rankings with limited investment in SEO. However, it would still be difficult even in these opportunistic circumstances. It would take a lot longer and would most likely require more time and effort to try to improve rankings without doing any SEO. Just remember that optimizing your site with SEO doesn't have to require thousands of dollars a month. There are a lot of inexpensive things you can to do to help your sites rank.

marketingegp, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  6. dmvictoria

dmvictoria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your target keywords are moderately competitive you should be ok as long as you fill those pages with good content. However, it might take a while to start ranking, and if you want to start ranking in a reasonable time frame then I would still promote it through directory submissions, article writing, blog and forum posting.

dmvictoria, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  7. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No... Its not possible....

Think about it..... Everything you do to a site involves some type of SEO investment... Doesn't necessarily have to be a money investment, but it can definitely be a time investment.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
    GuruCreation, Nov 29, 2010 IP
    lumpy likes this.
  8. northpole928

northpole928 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it takes money to make money...

northpole928, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  9. Kinggeek2010

Kinggeek2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Online if you do all the work by yourself.

Kinggeek2010, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  10. localdominator

localdominator Peon

Best Answers:
    You are investing whether you realize it or not. How much do you value an hour of your time? How much time do you spend working on SEO? You need to realize at what point is it worth paying someone to work on it for you so that you have the time you need to work on everything else.

The best SEO is leverage. You shouldn't be doing it by yourself. There are so many scripts, softwares, sites, tools, people, ect to outsource your work to you need to research more and find what is the right fit.

For example, all I do is optimization for businesses in Google Places. I get them on the front page of G in 60 days and keep them there. If I was doing that all by myself I could only take care of about 15-20 clients a month. Since I have all of the above mentioned, it doesn't matter how many clients I have now. Sure there is a price, but it is well worth it.

localdominator, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  11. lumpy

lumpy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, I got that, lesson 101 at economy class. Let's talk about $ investments.

lumpy, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  12. Cyrus255

Cyrus255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It takes money to get money.

If you are so poor you can't afford to invest in your business, you should get a real job.
    Then maybe once you have some cash from your job, then you can think about starting a business.

Cyrus255, Nov 29, 2010 IP
    SEOTranslator likes this.
  13. evrik

evrik Peon

Best Answers:
    +1 well said

evrik, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  14. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it can be done. But it will either take a great deal of time, or a great deal of luck (such as your site getting mentioned/referenced on a high-traffic site) by a third party.

zupreme, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  15. Rslegion

Rslegion Peon

Best Answers:
    It's very possible, just keep working at it!

Super high cost SEO firms are not required for high rankings, it's all a con!

Rslegion, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  16. SEOTranslator

SEOTranslator Member

Best Answers:
    Or in other words: Don't expect riches to fall onto your lap.

Yes it *is* possible to rank well without SEO for low-competition keywords. For example, I have a few sites where the domain name *is* the keyword, and with a title that contains the keyword and some nice text (sorry, there is some on-page SEO) I rank #1 for those keywords.

The downside? Exactly what you would expect: Low traffic, because those keywords are not very sought after. OK, I keep them because the investment I made on them was really low, and they provide a (low) revenue stream. But on a medium-competition keyword you'll rank without SEO probably on page 30 or so... until your site is 10 years old.

There is no such thing as a free ride. You get what you pay for, either by doing it yourself or paying somebody else for doing it. If you can't afford to invest (your time, or somebody else's), as Cyrus255 very well says (+1, Cyrus255!) then get a job.

SEOTranslator, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  17. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to say that you're dead wrong on that one...
    Investing money is not necessary to make money online at all.
    Knowledge is the key to success and a good plan.

I also believe that you can rank high on the search engines without investing any money in SEO.
    But then you will have to find a way of effectively work on the SEO by yourself.

Wulkanen, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  18. s.tranger

s.tranger Peon

Best Answers:
    To give you a short answer..yes, its possible. And its probably also better to not invest money at first and to all the seo stuff yourself to see what works for you before you start investing in it. But like anything else that's worthwhile, you will not see results right away.

s.tranger, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  19. shiner77

shiner77 Member

Best Answers:
    It's possible. but I think if you're do link building will be better.

shiner77, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  20. tinycoin

tinycoin Active Member

Best Answers:
    what do u mean "investing"??

you talk about money?? if not, it's easy. just spend your time to do SEO freely

tinycoin, Nov 30, 2010 IP