1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Longer Pages Get More Money

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by cornetto, Oct 5, 2006.

I've been using adsense for a while now, and I have been analysing my results. Here are the findings from plotting the number of words on a page Vs the number of page impressions the page got last month. The stats come from 50 pages that all come from the same section of my website, and are on related topics. Each page deals with one distinct topic. All the pages are mostly words with very few graphics.

As you can see, longer pages get more hits. I can see from my adsense stats that more hits equals more money. So my conclusion is, don't be afraid to be verbose. ;)

[​IMG]
    Vertical = words on page
    Horizontal = AdSense page impressions last month

cornetto, Oct 5, 2006 IP
    iskandar likes this.
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice graph. :)

Another way of proving that content is king.

mad4, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  3. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Content, of course is King :) and I still say it even affects the PR huh matt! lolz...

Blogspotter, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  4. Angelus

Angelus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now everyone will write articles with 2,000 words :)

p.l.u.r.

Angelus, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  5. ThisGoatStarves

ThisGoatStarves Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting findings but I don't think it's as simple as that.

I've had content-rich pages in the past which have been hammered by visitors that haven't converted at all simply because I've met their demands. Their search is over.

It's hard creating compelling content that'll get the user to click through to other related sites through your Adsense ads. I've found that the pages that convert the best are the ones that leave the user wanting a little bit more.

Striking a balance is difficult.

ThisGoatStarves, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  6. cornetto

cornetto Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's true. In my pages the people are looking for a service that they want to buy. I don't provide the service, but I can tell them more about it, and where they can get it, how much it will cost etc. And while they are reading, hey, here's some handy AdSense to click on. I think this model works well, and can also be used with affiliate links.

cornetto, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  7. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have to strike a balance there, like you said... balance. Long posts doesn't mean reaallly long. Long as in content rich. Keyword rich is the key, and why don't you try adding an adsense unit right at the end of the post...

Blogspotter, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  8. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So is what you are saying is the more content on a page the more content there is for a search engine to find and therefore relate to that page and therefore have good reason to list that page for more search topics and therefore send more people to your page. OMG that makes complete sense...

Noooo... The secret is out! Content is KING! *Runs off to sell all of his sites*

LOL - just kidding! I definitely think writing pages with more than 400 words is the way to go though I generally draw the line at around 800 words because then you can dilute your key phrases a bit much or if you try to keep the keyword density up then the repetition of the phrases starts to not only look spammy to users but also to search engines. But yes I definitely think a fairly lengthy article always not only is more informative for users but also tends to do fairly well in the SERPs as well, gotta love win - win situations!

Burta, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  9. gpar2000

gpar2000 Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe someone should analyze the correlation between per-click revenue from longer pages versus shorter pages. I wonder if there is a way to do it, and if there is, what the correlation is...

I am a newbie on adSense, and my per-click rate ranges from $0.01 to $0.64.

FlexBux - Your Money, Use It Wisely

gpar2000, Oct 7, 2006 IP
  10. SteveG

SteveG Peon

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't a better measure be the number of ADSENSE CLICKS per page length, rather than IMPRESSIONS per page length? We're interested in conversion.

The way you have it, you are measuring how many times visitors have viewed a page in relation to page length. Visitors don't know how lengthy a page is until AFTER they click.

Maybe you've just mislabeled the graph?

SteveG, Oct 8, 2006 IP