1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword's Greatest Secret Revealed!?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by BlackberryClan, Nov 18, 2010.

For many months, I read tons of reviews and opinions on what others felt were their best secrets or tips on keywords. Not long ago I was a complete beginner and have learned so much in the past year. In no way am I an expert, I am still learning everyday and encourage everyone to do the same. Here are a few tips I could offer, take it for what its worth. I would love to see your tips or secrets as well if you can offer them.

• Set realistic goals and measure them constantly. For example, a first goal could be to pick a keyword with little competition and to rank #1 for it. If you are more advanced, setting goals is equally important.

• Research is the foundation for success. The time, effort, and quality of your research is directly correlated with your failures and success.

• Learn from your mistakes. I have made many and will continue to. This is critical to learning and improving.

• Have fun. If keyword research and the whole challenge behind them sounds dreadful, it is likely better that you outsource it or deal with mediocre rankings.

I've wasted many hours and days reading and learning and realized these are essential to attaining your keyword goals.

Once again, I would love to hear if anyone has other secrets, tips, and/or words of encouragement or wisdom.

BlackberryClan, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  2. cash2012

cash2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks alot for such grate experience ... Good tip and I am using some of them , I will try the others. Thanks

cash2012, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  3. Tulasu

Tulasu Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you've touched on a point that makes or breaks many an online marketer, C2012... the research. For some, that can be intense, incredibly time consuming and frustrating. So for those who discover that you're simply not the type to persevere through this research, then perhaps you need to change your strategy and market by other means.

You don't have to be a 'failure', you just need to change your tactics. There's more than one way to build a successful business online! :)

Tulasu, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  4. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    Good overview. Those folks who buy a domain and set up a site without doing this first, listen up to their advice!

The main piece of advice I have is to use all the data as indicators instead of exact figures. The data isn't 100% accurate, timely, or comprehensive. You need to combine sources with different types of KW tools. Find high volume keywords and then stack them up (or prioritize) by competition. Always check SERPs for those trumped by local results too!

Brad Callen, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  5. homeworker11

homeworker11 Banned

Best Answers:
    Nothing groundbreaking...
    Just simple basic stuff there!

homeworker11, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  6. linkwatcher

linkwatcher Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes but being methodical always helps. Lots of clients i deal with target competitive keywords from the outset. Not a good idea really.

linkwatcher, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  7. signity

signity Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice article. Thanks for sharing it with us!

signity, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  8. midasbrand

midasbrand Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the great advice. i'm having a hard time coming up with a useful keyword for a logo design/banner design site that i might rank on page one for. can anyone help? Thanks in advance for any assistance

midasbrand, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  9. Tulasu

Tulasu Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone and their dog is looking for good keywords, Midasbrand, and they won't likely share because they'll choose to use them themselves. One thing that many people don't realize is that many successful marketers look for great keywords and THEN build a business around those words... even if it's something totally unrelated to previous business ventures. So you surely don't want to share your keywords, either.

But I sympathize with you! Finding good keywords can be one of the biggest challenges in marketing. Wish you the best. :)

Tulasu, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  10. midasbrand

midasbrand Peon

Best Answers:
    well thanks for the honesty anyways. me and my dog Could use a good keyword, but i guess it doesn't matter as much until i get out of this flea-ridden sandbox that google was generous enough to provide. since my site Midasbrand is only a couple of months old.

midasbrand, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  11. Tulasu

Tulasu Peon

Best Answers:
    Wish you well with that. The infamous sandbox is not a nice place to be. :(

Tulasu, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  12. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Never carry a parcel by the string.

contentboss, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  13. credasys

credasys Peon

Best Answers:
    That would still a good tips dude. Thanks for this tips.

credasys, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  14. HarryJackson

HarryJackson Peon

Best Answers:
    We all know how to select keywords and which keywords give us good traffic but not many of SEO can bring good keywords on first page of search engine, reason for that, the one mentioned above, we know how to work but we don't know how to get good results. keyword selection should be after examining your SEO skills.

HarryJackson, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  15. boundlessmartin

boundlessmartin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

boundlessmartin, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  16. VOnline

VOnline Member

Best Answers:
    I think those are great and I agree with all of them.
    Great post!

VOnline, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  17. RedSimba

RedSimba Peon

Best Answers:
    Have to agree with all you have explained. I have been around 8 months in Internet Marketing, i can't say myself an expert, but now i can understand how important is the "keyword". Once you know how to master it, then you can rule the competition.

RedSimba, Apr 11, 2011 IP