1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with unparking with Sedo

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by jeremyhowell, Nov 27, 2010.

I have had my domain name www.all4sides.com parked with Sedo for a few weeks, and now I have a site, I have "unparked" it, and it has been over 24 hours since I changed the name servers on the domain to point to my web server, and it still is redirecting the site to http://sedoparking.com/search/registrar.php?domain=all4sides.com&registrar=sedopark

The strange thing is that when I view the web site preview in Godaddy it shows a picture of the site that should be showing up when I access my site, but Im still getting the Sedo parking page. this happened once before with another domain, but it only took about 8-10 hours to stop redirecting to Sedo when I set up a forward on Godaddy instead of the name servers.

Is this a problem or should I just give it another 24 hours?

jeremyhowell, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  2. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    its your isp cache problem. When u change nameserver u should not visit the site immediately as it goes to old NS settings and makes your isp to use that old NS long time though it may resolve to new NS for others

chandan123, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  3. jeremyhowell

jeremyhowell Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. So I'm screwed 'cuz I visited the site too soon after a NS change? Makes perfect sense. So how do I fix it?

4. jeremyhowell

jeremyhowell Member

Best Answers:
    Im curious to know what other people are seeing on their computers? Are you all getting the same parking page as me?

5. krishmk

krishmk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see a website (A4S Web design) with 5 menu buttons.
    You are probably facing a DNS cache problem.
    Try removing the cache by entering the following command in your DOS command prompt
    ipconfig/flushdns

krishmk, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  6. jeremyhowell

jeremyhowell Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply, but you wouldn't believe how many times I have flushed the DNS cache today trying to fix this problem. It is still showing the same 'ol parking page. I guess I'll just have to wait it out?

7. krishmk

krishmk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oh ok.. It happens some times.. Then I guess the only option for you is to wait for some more time (probably few hours)...

krishmk, Nov 27, 2010 IP
    jeremyhowell likes this.
  8. webtalk

webtalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    clear cookies of your browser, and yes dns also takes time 24-72 hrs , read this article to know more about what is a dns

webtalk, Dec 8, 2010 IP