1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What eCommerce should I use?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Putnam11, Nov 27, 2010.

I am going to be opening a computer building business in June and was wondering what eCommerce solution I should use. I will be creating these computers custom so I need the products to be customizable. I also need the options to be cross-product, so if there's something like an OS update I can easily change the option across all my products.
    What eCommerce should I use?

Putnam11, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  2. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi Putnam, Thats a great idea starting an ecommerce business online, High revenue earning platform. I would like to suggest 3 things for ecommerce as my experience will help you.

1. If you are planning to buy a ecommerce script, then AJ Shopping Cart Software ,will be the right choice with plenty of user friendly facilities.

2. If you worry about hosting issue, you can get Zscart - SaaS Ecommerce solution with easy monthly payment option and free trial too. you can make your shop with in five minutes.

3. If you are looking for free source means, Zeuscart will be right choice. Highly downloaded open source script online.

Good luck ...Choose one for successful ecommerce business.

joelchrist, Nov 27, 2010 IP
    fokerss likes this.
  3. Putnam11

Putnam11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am planning on a free cart, but I do have my own VPS for a forum I own so I'll use that for my business site too. Zeuscart looks really good for the time being, and once I get my business started I could use dome of the revenue to buy a license for AJ. Thanks for the advice! It's appreciated.
    EDIT: What do you think of Magento?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
    Putnam11, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  4. firstw123

firstw123 Guest

Best Answers:
    i would recommend using virtuemart for joomla , open source , free very easy to set up and use and a lot of available extensions

firstw123, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  5. shivun

shivun Peon

Best Answers:
    Magento is a very good tool to use, might not be as user friendly to use but has the power.

shivun, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  6. jasedona

jasedona Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're technical, use Magento... highly customizable. I use it for all of my sites and it works great.

jasedona, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  7. fokerss

fokerss Active Member

Best Answers:
    great information

fokerss, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  8. james_pitt

james_pitt Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend Volusion or BigCommercem these are robust platforms.

james_pitt, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  9. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    rashida, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  10. euroblaze

euroblaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I would suggest youOxid e commerce software which is now best in market for its user friendly functions. And its free of cost. to know more futures on this software feel free to follow our website..euroblaze.de

euroblaze, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  11. samsmith23

samsmith23 Guest

Best Answers:
    i agree with joelchrist

samsmith23, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  12. Just A Wag

Just A Wag Peon

Best Answers:
    Or better still is opencart - absolutely excellent (and free) e-commerce platform.

Just A Wag, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  13. jdr8271

jdr8271 Member

Best Answers:
    ZenCart is the best. Has the most features. And is Free

jdr8271, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  14. davidabraham

davidabraham Peon

Best Answers:
    Well there are many e commerce tools you should read each specializations and features before taking decision. I was misguided by one of the e commerce tool so beware

davidabraham, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  15. AlfredSiliano

AlfredSiliano Guest

Best Answers:
    Magento can be fantastic but you need to find good hosting and the learning curve for both operating and customizing is very long.

AlfredSiliano, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  16. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,

For all your kind information, I have read the Press release from AJ Shopping cart that they have announced 15% discount on their shopping cart. Right time to make use of it.

joelchrist, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  17. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
  18. kapisoorseo

kapisoorseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Magneto - For user as well as admin, this software has some strong features to support e-commerce. It allows multiple stores to be managed from a single admin interface.
    2. Fortune3 - This advanced but easy-to-use ecommerce software and service has all the features and support needed to manage a successful online store.
    3. OXID esales - This open source e-commerce system is ready for B2C, B2B and social commerce scenarios.
    4. Prestashop - What attracts most is it’s sleek interface. With this open source you can create special deals such as gift vouchers, price reductions, tag products.
    5. osCommerce - t is one of the oldest free e-commerce apps that offer several marketing options and supports most of the payment system. This multilingual and SEO friendly app works with PHP/MySQL.
    6. Digistore - This is developed from the osCommerce engine with improvements in front end and admin of app. It provides a platform for selling physical & virtual goods.
    7. OpenCart - This PHP - MySQL shopping cart system is simple-looking application but it has all the must-have features.
    8. Freeway - This app has some innovative ideas for selling. It’s can be used to sell a guitar lesson or rent a tennis court on a given date and time.
    9. Zen Cart - It’s a free and compatible open source shopping cart software. Developed by a group of shop owners, programmers, designers and consultants.
    10. Ecommr - This app offers the website presenting interface and design elements of e-commerce websites in a categorized way.
    11. Spree - Another ecommerce platform using Ruby on Rails. Spree allows improvement and customization. With the Active Merchant plugin it supports most of the payment processors.

kapisoorseo, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  19. frogjy

frogjy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    zen-cart.

see my sign. it's zen-cart. sample theme by myself.

frogjy, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  20. emvsdigital

emvsdigital Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what is e-commerce?

emvsdigital, Jan 6, 2011 IP