1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Difference between pageviews and visits?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by seonovice, Nov 25, 2010.

I would like to know the number of visitors to a particular web page. How do i go about? Are page views the same as visits? Please help.What parameter should be considered? Please help

seonovice, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  2. sunnymakkar

sunnymakkar Peon

Best Answers:
    pageview - A pageview is each time a visitor views a page on your website, regardless of how many hits are generated. Pages are comprised of files. Every image in a page is a separate file. When a visitor looks at a page (a pageview), they may see numerous images, graphics, pictures etc. and generate multiple hits.

Visits - A visit happens when someone or something (robot) visits your site. It consists of one or more page views/ hits. One visitor can make multiple visits to your site.

sunnymakkar, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  3. seonovice

seonovice Peon

Best Answers:
    So if i need to know the number of visitors on a particular page, what am I supposed to look at.Please advice

4. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    A simpler way to put it is that a viewer of the website will a) make a visit and then b) make a number of page views.

As an example, in Analytics click Content > Top Content and it will list (obviously) your "top content" in descending order: Generally the "Unique Pageviews" column will tend to indicate the number of visitors to each page listed. It's actually an aggregate of the number of Pageviews meaning that Pageviews also includes page refreshes, returning to the page after clicking away. Unique Pageviews then is your best figure for "visitors"

Lever, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  5. cikasaso

cikasaso Peon

Best Answers:
    Does Analytics report robots as page views or are those not reported?

cikasaso, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  6. seonovice

seonovice Peon

Best Answers:

thanks a million...i was mighty confused with the whole page view thing!

7. guruji007

guruji007 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi seonovice,

Firstly you will click on Content> Now, you can see your website top pages content then you click to that page which you want to target example: Contact.php> then you can see page detail of clicked page. Then, you click to "None" Bar and select to keywords, Now you have found your page detail with keywords' visitors.

guruji007, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  8. Ankurkr

Ankurkr Peon

Best Answers:
    i think page view is that in which our site just shown in page.for example if somebody search for any keyword and resulted page show our page than it is count for page view. AND the number of click for our page is count as page visits.

Ankurkr, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  9. joesmith1608

joesmith1608 Peon

Best Answers:
    pageview is a view of a page on a site. If a visitor hits reload after reaching the page, this give one more counted as an additional pageview. If a user go to a different page and returns to the same, then one count increase in pageview .

Visits are the number of individual sessions initiated by all the visitors to your site.

joesmith1608, Nov 26, 2010 IP
  10. dangerdiabolick

dangerdiabolick Member

Best Answers:
    always look at the vistors, unique visitors and improve it. it will be a inspiration to work around higher levels. IMO

dangerdiabolick, Nov 26, 2010 IP
  11. michaelvk

michaelvk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Visits:
    Indicates the number of unique sessions initiated by your visitors. There are several reasons why these two numbers may not match:
    1.A visitor may click your ad multiple times.
    2.A user may click on an ad, and then later, during a different session, return directly to the site through a bookmark.
    3.A visitor may click on your advertisement
    4.To ensure more accurate billing, Google AdWords automatically filters invalid clicks from your reports.

Pageview:
    A pageview is defined as a view of a page on your site that is being tracked by the Analytics tracking code. If a visitor hits reload after reaching the page, this will be counted as an additional pageview. If a user navigates to a different page and then returns to the original page, a second pageview will be recorded as well.
    thanks,

michaelvk, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  12. seo.vijay

seo.vijay Member

Best Answers:
    A pageview is each time a visitor views a page on your website, regardless of how many hits are generated. Pages are comprised of files. Every image in a page is a separate file. When a visitor looks at a page (a pageview), they may see numerous images, graphics, pictures etc. and generate multiple hits.

A visit happens when someone or something (robot) visits your site. It consists of one or more page views/ hits. One visitor can make multiple visits to your site.

Technically, a visitor is the browser of a person who accepts a cookie. Opentracker utilizes 1st party cookie technology. By this definition, a visitor is a human being, and their actions are 'human' events, because only humans use browsers (with javascript) to navigate the internet. If a cookie is not accepted, then we use IP numbers to track visitors.

seo.vijay, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  13. alexanime

alexanime Peon

Best Answers:
    page views matters as much as unique visits does. I have doubled my adsense revenue when i doubled my page views

alexanime, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  14. Jeff Collision

Jeff Collision Peon

Best Answers:
    A unique person's traffic of a site will counts as 1 visit.
    Unique person's traffic to a particular page of a site is 3 times means, that counts as 3 page views.

To know more about the difference refer the Google support.

Jeff Collision, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  15. bisma anwar

bisma anwar Peon

Best Answers:
    if a person comes to your site it is counted as unique visitor..if the visitor again come to your site and reloads the page then it is not counted as unique visitor it is counted as page views...you can know the number of visitors and pageviews by different counters:http://statcounter.com...i use this one

bisma anwar, Dec 21, 2010 IP