1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion I suggest the scrapping of "reps"

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by IsraeI, Nov 23, 2010.

Dear mods.

I never paid attention to itrader nor reps, until a little red icon appeared under my nick.

Let me begin with my 2 negative itraders:

1. Completed a job for someone on DP and he never paid me, I negged him and he negged me back
    2. Bought an e-book that was advertised in a misleading way, so I negged the seller & he negged me back.

I recommend an eBay like system where the seller/employer CANNOT neg those who negged them, otherwise there is no point of having itrader system.

Then we have my -7 reps (was -1 this afternoon).

- It seems some people are ganging up on me and giving me negative reps, and I don't know who they are, here is some of the messages I get:

1. "Sorry, don't trust P&R trolls for business".

2. "You're a cock-fag".

3. "Hi vebtools!" ( i believe someone used someone elses nick in this message "vebtools", who is also on DP, and I don't think it was him who did the negative rep.)

To solve this crazy phenomenon of giving people random negative reps especially in bulk like what happened to me from -1 to -7 in a few hours, I say please scrap this thing.

----

Those are just my opinions for you to consider.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
    IsraeI, Nov 23, 2010 IP
    sunilmamo and Vebtools like this.
  2. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. I once recieved a -rep from a guy just because he was angry when I said his ebook was a scam.
    Of course he got busted and banned, but I still had the -rep...

Wulkanen, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  3. benjaminp

benjaminp Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you got -6 rep because a couple of people disliked something you said. Not because they are "ganging up on you". You can see what post you received the rep for from your settings panel.

benjaminp, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  4. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the -6 is from 1 person, I'm not sure though.

The message is "hi vebtools".

Vebtools is someone on dp and I highly doubt he did it.

Here is one I got for a sales thread - "Sorry, don't trust P&R trolls for business."

I mean how can you negative rep me for a sales thread???

And yes maybe someone does not like what I say, but I still think that someone who disagrees with you has no right to kill your reputation, that;s why I'm saying scrap it.

IsraeI, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  5. jakemoore

jakemoore Peon

Best Answers:
    That has always been the problem with rep/itrader. If people can't give their honest opinion because of potential reprisal what is the point?

When you buy a product your only obligation is to pay for it. You should not be able to get negative feedback for that. But the seller also needs a way to be able to dispute a negative since some people use negatives to get price reductions or free products.

jakemoore, Nov 23, 2010 IP
    robjones likes this.
  6. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    I do think the seller should have a business account to open a dispute, because it will cost mods time.

IsraeI, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  7. Stingerftw

Stingerftw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately the problem with your suggestion is that there is no way to tell who is in the right and who is in the wrong, I mean if I did a sale on DP and the buyer paid me and I failed to deliver my product and I was the one to leave the negative feedback even though I was in the wrong how is that fair on the buyer?

Maybe a good system would be that a seller can comment on a negative feedback for selling a product with a response, or something like that?

I don't think their ganging up on you, I just think you've made some enemies on DP without even knowing it, the 2nd comment of your rep indicates to me that this is the case.

I also agree with you, that vebtools did not give you the 3rd rep, it is obviously a user who has had a dispute with vebtools trying to get everyone to give him - rep.

Sorry about your issues but there's not a whole lot we can do about it.

Stingerftw, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  8. jakemoore

jakemoore Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems to me it would be a simple fix to add a feature that deletes negatives from users that are no longer registered or banned. If they did not stay around why should they be able to blackball someone?

Also perhaps a recency of the feedback like ebay incorporates.

And what about where if a moderator or user of a certain level or itrader value or respect or # of thanks, etc reviews the product that it could not get a negative for quality of the product. Seller could open a dispute, point to the acceptable review link and that negative would be eliminated.

jakemoore, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  9. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:

I'm nt too bothered about the itraders i made it neutral fairly quickly when they arose.

Now the red light under my nick is a concern, it will possibly prevent me from doing business.

So how can I get rid this latest -6 which has been given to me by 1 person, this guy is is citing a url to a contest held by me some time ago, it's my contest and I choose the winner, how is it fair that the losing contenders can neg me?

IsraeI, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  10. Jerlene.net

Jerlene.net Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just let it go. Everyone gets negative rep here and there. There's really nothing you can do about it, unless you figure out who it is and you can give them some negative reputation in reciprocation. It's just the way it is. The staff won't do anything about it.

Jerlene.net, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  11. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think the OP opened this thread to get some sympathies and green reps, look at his post history I'm surprised that he has only -6, my guess would have been -60 or something. Anyways -rep added.

Helvetii, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  12. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Helvetti's right, a glance at your posting history tells why you have neg rep, and this thread's an appeal for sympathy.

Man up, quit whining... and if you don't wanna see the genie, best answer's to stop rubbing the lamp.

robjones, Nov 23, 2010 IP
    Will.Spencer and bogart like this.
  13. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    @Jerlene its not about getting negs here and there its about getting ganged up by a certain group of xenophobes & bombarding you with negs, this is an obvious loophole in the system.

I have a legitimate case to abolish the rep system since it is being abused.

After opening this thread you can see how I got another -2 more neg's.

@helvetti and robjones, ive had some heated debates with you guys in p&r, no wonder you make those comments, nice to know that this is the only way you can beat me.

IsraeI, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  14. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, you just got some Red from me too for complaining, wasting my time on reading this useless thread
    and... for claiming that you're smarter than helvetti and robjones combained. You are freaking joke boy

:p

fastreplies

fastreplies, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  15. Jerlene.net

Best Answers:
    My previous comment still stands.

16. Vebtools

Vebtools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Why did some one used my name instead of his/her :-s may be he like my name :-s or may be he has some personal issue with you and me :O

But using my name :O

Vebtools, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  17. Jerlene.net

Best Answers:
    That's not the first time that has happened. It's an unpoliced section of the forum. Move on.

18. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, Itrader and reputation is an unmoderated area.

laxman363, Nov 24, 2010 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  19. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a novel suggestion; make some GOOD posts and get some GOOD rep. Then it goes back to green.

Or keep posting QQ threads and get two red blobs. I haven't seen that before, but I'd like to :)

alexispetrov, Nov 24, 2010 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  20. Jerlene.net

Best Answers:
    No, reputation is an unpoliced area of the forum. iTrader on the other hand is semi-moderated.

Jerlene.net, Nov 24, 2010 IP
    sunilmamo likes this.