This is not my site, but this is what I am looking to do...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by quatto, Nov 23, 2010.

I only know wordpress and blogs...I want to set up a site/blog like the site below...how did he/she do this? is this just wordpress with advanced html?

How was he able to set up a top 10 like that, with each link going to a separate site?

I want to do this with other products, not webhosting, but i am curious how they did it?
    I may not know enough to pull that off...

http://www.webhostingbreak.com/

quatto, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  2. rlerza

rlerza Peon

Best Answers:
    don't think too hard my friend, nothing special there, just links hyperlinked to the actual webhosting company, and by using the affiliate link the visitors gets a cookie dropped on the web browser so that if the visitor buys the owner of the site makes gets the affiliate commission, that's all.

rlerza, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  3. quatto

quatto Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, but how did he get it so uniform, same graphics, the columns? etc...

quatto, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  4. rlerza

rlerza Peon

Best Answers:
    that one is custom made as I really can't find that theme. The way you find out what theme or type of website someone is using is by going on the site, then right click or go to view, and choose view page source.
    There are wordpress plugins though that allow you to create tables within pages or posts which you can use to create that sort of tables.

rlerza, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  5. pabbe

pabbe Peon

Best Answers:
    pabbe, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  6. FirstPageGoogleGirl

FirstPageGoogleGirl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You could also do it pretty easily with a self-hosted Wordpress blog. There is a plug-in called "WP-Table Reloaded" and it's the one I use on my own site. I use it for my services but it would work just fine for reviews. You simply install the plug-in and then it will appear in your Tools. You create your table by indicating the number of rows and columns you would like and then you can put text or links inside the individual cells. Once your table is created, you simply save it and then add the table to whatever page you want it to appear on. Hope that helps.

FirstPageGoogleGirl, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  7. dmisev

dmisev Peon

Best Answers:
    you can find free template and just edit it a bit and it will look even better than that website that you show us

dmisev, Nov 24, 2010 IP