1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Optimizing images..?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ExtraRanch, Nov 21, 2010.

I have a site where people can upload pictures to a submission that gets posted onto my homepage. With that, obviously, the images show up on my homepage. Is there anything I can do to optimize those images or implement SEO onto them, like adding my keyword as an alternate text or something?

ExtraRanch, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  2. Rivmedia

Rivmedia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Alt text and title text would be fine, Getting your users/posters to enter alt text as a descriptive aspect of the image will help a little. Or if you are running your own CMS maybe get it coded so that images have a mandatory field to "add a description"

Rivmedia, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  3. ExtraRanch

ExtraRanch Peon

Best Answers:
    I can add my own description and title to all the images, though, so should I just do that?

4. sikatangpinoy

sikatangpinoy Peon

Best Answers:
    yup, aside from alt text you can post keyword rich article around your images.

sikatangpinoy, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  5. Rivmedia

Rivmedia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes , Although it would save you alot of work if your posters done it them selves etc . If you are happy to add them all then go for it , It definitely wont do you any harm and has the "potential" to help your sites natural search , Obviously dont expect to see massive results changes because it wont be the case , Likely hood is that google will take some time to re-crawl those older pages etc , which is another reason to get your posters to input the Alt text when posting the image , because then the first crawl that hits the page will see the relevant alt text , where if you add it at a later date it could be week's before it gets crawled again etc.

Rivmedia, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  6. Keywordcontentguy

Keywordcontentguy Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it would save you a lot of time to have the posters insert their own alt text -- If you end up with an active site that attracts hundreds of posters, you would quickly be overwhelmed trying to add alt text to each new image yourself.

Keywordcontentguy, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  7. ExtraRanch

ExtraRanch Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I can add the description and stuff before it gets posted. When their submission gets sent to me for approval, I can go into the images they attached to their submission and insert my own alternative text and stuff to the images if I want.

8. jasonbird

jasonbird Guest

Best Answers:
    Of course, you can do alt text on your images...

jasonbird, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  9. Arya Mandodi

Arya Mandodi Peon

Best Answers:
    Give alt tag n appropriate tile.

Arya Mandodi, Nov 22, 2010 IP